rF2 Caterham Superlight Team Championship (Cancelled)

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I think during the practice laps I did connor i got 120mph down hill and then after that it wouldnt go no more. You sure they werent in a slip stream or bump drafting?

Edit: Just read your post..... what about boost settings?

I have the boost setting up to 10 usually (working on the 'higher is better' theory - I'm not subtle, if the engine blows up over a 20 lap race, it was a bad engine) :D

I think it must have been because someone was behind him, drafting, preparing for an overtake at turn 1 - I watched who was behind him more carefully and all the drivers who got 124/125 into turn one were being chased by a drafter.

I suppose a 'team pair' could draft eachother deliberately in Cats to get extra speed, like they do in Nascar. Must be what was happening. (Not saying they were team-mates, just commenting on how the idea works in racing I've watched)

On my fastest lap with bump drafting I reached 125 mph. So its gone be slower without it. Cant find a lap where I aint slipstreamin and factor doesnt save practice sessions.

Me and chris where bump drafting to try and get away. But thatl soon be over with proper racing introduced.

Ok, in the interests of fairness, here is the incident from my perspective.

From the onboard shot you see that as my car travels towards him I actually have opposite lock on, so I didn't turn into him. From the external view it shows the cause of me moving right was contact between our rear wheels.

My opinion is this.

-Chris leaves a car width for Gary on the inside
-Gary moves to the right as far as he can, and both continue in a straight line
-Adam Vaughan appears to Chris' left, and Chris instinctively edges right to give him space (just like you put your hand up to defend your face if something is thrown close to it, or you duck if a bird flies up in front of you on the road)
-Chris makes contact with the rear wheels of Gary's car, Gary gets hit because the wheels interlock and Chris, although trying to countersteer, is unable to avoid contact
-Gary then swerves back into Chris in an immediate retaliation.

To surmise:

- Chris should have given Gary more room
- Chris shouldn't have edged right as Adam came into view
- Chris' contact with Gary was not deliberate, but that doesn't mean to say that he shouldn't have left more room
- Gary retalliated immediately with a deliberate hit on the side of Chris' car

Basically, it's a racing incident and neither should get a penalty. View the incident again guys, the original video doesn't show the steering traces of Chris. I would like to see the onboard from Gary being posted where he swerves back into Chris, because watching the replay that's pretty blatent. If Chris does get penalised, then I would like to see a similar punishment for Gary because both make contact with one another twice, one is Chris' fault, and one is Gary's fault (Gary's is intentional, Chris' was a reaction to another car appearing and a misjudgment on how much room he left Gary).

I have made some changes to the format guys after watching the replays from last night i am not happy with things the way they are

Additional RDCAT League driving regulations
After some recent incidents and clarification requests, I now need to implement the following regulations:

i) Bump Drafting
a) Bump drafting is NOT allowed during the Qualification session Or the race of any event. You may draft (ie slipstream as normal) off anyone, but no bump drafting during quali or the race.
Any driver seen doining it at any point will get kicked from the race and points will be lost .

I will not be changing this back at any point

Thanks Wayne
The happiest day of my life :)
Well, almost.

I did say that if we were allowed to bump draft then THR would be the best at it, and we were, but I still dislike any race series that goes out of its way to ALLOW bumpdrafting, so I am pleased that this is banned. Should make the field closer, too, because we saw in Kyalami that if a couple of people got together and bumped each other, then they could escape, which places emphasis away from skill and more towards luck - if you are close to someone as fast as you then you can go faster with bumpdrafting than you could on your own.

Should make the racing better, too; we will see many times per lap moves going on, like at Interlagos in a club event a while back now. Great times! Thanks Wayne.

I remember that race mate I got 2nd I was over the moon :)

Yeah mate hoping to make things better as we go. its all come from good feed back. I know some times it can be a pain to right things but it all helps in the end :)

Looking forward to next race and looking forward to proper racing without bump drafting.
Plus 1. Looks like we will need to do some practice on how to get the best of drafting as a team without losing time getting in each others way. That will now be the crucial element - which is faster, drafting someone and then passing them, then them drafting you and passing you... or is it stick behind someone and use the tow to preserve the engine (and therefore the top speed)? Tactics, my friend, is the name of the game with these Caterhams :)

I remember that race mate I got 2nd I was over the moon :)

Yeah mate hoping to make things better as we go. its all come from good feed back. I know some times it can be a pain to right things but it all helps in the end :)
Me and Hermie had the race of our lives battling for 4th or something. Great racing, really enjoyed that one.
I still feel bad about the pileup in race 1, still feels like it was my fault.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 30 42.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 34 48.6%