F1 2013 Career mode: Starting race on option tyres ---> disaster

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Does anybody else have this problem??
Ok, so, I play on PRO AI because I find it impossible to catch up with AI, especially with Sauber.
In practice I have no problem at all (low fuel, high fuel, option/ primes) everything works fine, in Q also everything is ok, but then problem is in race on the first stint on option tyres.
After every brake zone I am just sliding, like on ice, I am playing with G27 and all assists off, so it is pretty hard to control it and all the way until you get into you first pit and switch to primes, totally different driving on primes, no sliding , bearly no spinning tires
I have started 4 races from pole and on first stint on options, AI was all over my rear, I am bearly holding it and than you come to pit, switch to primes and all problems are gone, at the end I can manage to put around 10 seconds between me and second driver.
Is that maybe some sort of bug with tyres on which you are starting race??

I simply dont know because this is just totally different gameplay from past F1 series.

To the OP, any chance you're getting caught out by the full tank of gas?

Every race i have to readjust after quali when the race starts, because all my braking points are earlier, the car is more sluggish, etc., miss turns by being in the wrong gear and/or shifting down as if i were a gear higher. I race at 100%/Pro, and even though i tune my setup with 40-50 laps of gas in the car (which makes the car easier to handle and faster with low gas as well), i always find the first 5-10 laps quite tough.

OK - I know that I'm not the smoothest so I do aggrevate tyre wear by my driving, but, I do make a good effort and I make setups that favor the tyres. Anyway, AI can go longer on their options than I. Even IF I was the best driver ever, the game does not let you select a lap if it deems it outside the tyres range, even though AI stop that far out. For instance, stop one in Melbourne was recommended to be lap 6. Lap 7 isnt an option (even though you can just stop late), but all AI stops on 7 or 8. And in q3 im only doing 1 lap, the minimum. somehow AI think 7 or 8 laps is ok when the game gives me a big X.

I have no problem at all with first few laps. And my car isn't sliding like on ice. Not even close to that. It's either you or your setup. And also, I barely ever play against AI as they suck, but whenever I've done, I've never seen them do less pit stops than me. I don't know why you're getting that. If it's not a Lotus or some car that saves tyres really well, they do same amount of pit stops.

Also, try a setup on which it's easier to drive and which is faster.

I almost always use

X-X Wings (depending on track)
1-11 arb
1-1-11-11 susp
50-50 high standard brakes
left left right right alignment

If you feel you need more grip, just use 1-1 arb instead of 1-11. It will also save rear tyres, but you will lose front end grip in high speed corners as well. Also, mind that lower wings might feel better for qualifying, but higher wings most likely will be better for the race due to tyre wear and heavier car.

Also, mind that in Practice, you stay on track a lot and at the end of the practice there is a LOT of rubber on the track. And when you start the race, there's absolutely no rubber the first few laps. That makes a big grip difference.

And also, mind that laptimes against AI in practice isn't really saying anything as they're coded to drop off their performance in Practice sessions. And also mind there are different weathers. You maybe had a clear weather for practice, but an overcast race.

OK - I know that I'm not the smoothest so I do aggrevate tyre wear by my driving, but, I do make a good effort and I make setups that favor the tyres. Anyway, AI can go longer on their options than I. Even IF I was the best driver ever, the game does not let you select a lap if it deems it outside the tyres range, even though AI stop that far out. For instance, stop one in Melbourne was recommended to be lap 6. Lap 7 isnt an option (even though you can just stop late), but all AI stops on 7 or 8. And in q3 im only doing 1 lap, the minimum. somehow AI think 7 or 8 laps is ok when the game gives me a big X.

It may give you the X, but you can still leave that as your strategy. I do it frequently.
You can also just stay out longer than your scheduled pitstop. I do that sometimes when i am unfamiliar with the tyre wear and find that the tyres are lasting longer than the scheduled stop suggested. This happens in Bahrain and in Nurburgring for example.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.