Can't get over how good this sim is.

I know I've posted it before on here, but it is worth repeating. This sim is a masterpiece. I love the way the cars feel and the tracks are absolutely brilliant. Most courses have both fast sweeping turns and slow technical turns. I have pretty much quit playing all other sims other than GSC because they just don't feel right now. Can't wait until your open wheeler and additional track layouts are released. Cheers!!!!

Amen! :)

Never could tweak rfactor in a way I felt comfortable with and always thought iRacing would fill my simracing needs in the future (100% content owner here).
But GSC got me really hooked ever since stumbling upon that sim by pure luck a few weeks ago.
It just feels right without any tweaks! The FF effects are just brilliant!
Though I´m really enjoying the actual content, I´m looking forward to additional cars/tracks.
It might raise the interest and bring other people to that gem.

The only downside of GSC is the small number of online people, but it get better when you join a league. I had a chance to try the incoming patch and they make the game even better. I havent touched Iracing since the GSC release and i dont think im going to renew my subscription unless they patch their crap new tyre model.

All i can say you already know. New tracks layout and a new open wheel car. Lots of multiplayer bug fixes aswell. The physics of the Stock is improved. (less brake lockups without ABS, better handling, etc..). Without the patch i was founding very hard, f.ex., to brake and handle the car at Londrina turn 1 + curbs. With the patch it is sweet, but you still need much accuracy to be fast there.

Same here. I've barely touched iRacing at all. I'll boot it up and mess around a bit but my heart just isn't in it. I feel like I'm paying them a subscription for perpetual beta testing. My subscription ends soon too and I won't be renewing. But I digress. It's a great online racing service without a doubt. I'm just much more into offline racing of the AI cars. Looking forward to the update for GSC. Heck, with an open wheeler added, I'll now have a tin top AND an open wheeler in my favorite sim.....it's going to be great. I too hope that sales have been good for this sim. It is well deserved. If you don't have it and are trying to decide, c'mon, it's not very expensive and you are truly missing out by not buying it.

All i can say you already know. New tracks layout and a new open wheel car. Lots of multiplayer bug fixes aswell. The physics of the Stock is improved. (less brake lockups without ABS, better handling, etc..). Without the patch i was founding very hard, f.ex., to brake and handle the car at Londrina turn 1 + curbs. With the patch it is sweet, but you still need much accuracy to be fast there.

Good news! :)
I've read that AI wasn't wearing their tires in long races, and the recommendation was to run with tire wear disabled. Is this corrected in this patch?

I gave up on waiting for the DVD version and ended up downloading and purchasing GSC last week.

It is well worth it and I fully agree with the other comments in this thread. The performance is excellent and the car handling/force feedback is some of the best I’ve seen.

Definitely something to keep us busy until r-Factor 2 is released and I hope that we’ll see an updated version of GSC based on RF2 sometime in the future.

Just discovered this game, had never heard of it before. Will be trying the demo tonight. As a long time iRacing user (although recently starting to get bored with it and the whole NTM debarcle) how does it compare (handling, graphics, realism)? Most importantly how is the support for eyefinity and how good is the AI?

Just discovered this game, had never heard of it before. Will be trying the demo tonight. As a long time iRacing user (although recently starting to get bored with it and the whole NTM debarcle) how does it compare (handling, graphics, realism)? Most importantly how is the support for eyefinity and how good is the AI?

I'm a long time iRacing user as well, but have not really done anything with it for sometime especially since the v2 issues with nVidia cards. Anyway, all I can say is that if you enjoyed iRacing you will love GSC and the AI are probably the best AI you can race with at the moment. The sound, car physics and FFB are awesome... and they just got better with the latest patch.

I guess the only limitation is the cars and tracks, but there are some free tracks available already and some more with v1.7 and soon the open wheeler F1 cars.

So for the price of a car and track with iRacing you will get a heap more bang for your buck... I'm starting to sound like a salesman so will shutup now, but honestly you won't be disappointed and I'm sure others here will validate my comments :)

Did a couple of races against the AI at the Brasilia Full Layout this evening. AI is behaving very good and I had a real blast racing them. The sounds of the V8 and the sensation of speed are great ! Really love this sim and it's perfect physics. To bad i had my iRacing on auto-renewal :frown:.

GSC is addictive.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back