CanAm

roguk

Premium
Hi i want to race the CanAm mod cars on Spa 66 (okay i know its a bumpy track) but the cars all have oversteer so having to correct car mid corner, most times impossible as car spins out. This means difficult to compete against Ai even set at 80%. Weight distribution is set so is Diff power lowering amount of fuel helps but i do not want to keep pitting. Have tried all the cars at moment driving the Porsche 917 10. Is there settings i can change in the car files to combat this oversteer ? This is the HSO 1971 CanAm mod

Last edited:
Hey - I'm no setup expert but with mod cars for GTR2 and AMS my first port of call is the HDV/HDC file to change the degrees of rotation for the car - a lot of them are 360 and I tend to change them to 540 or 450.

Usually when you open the HDV/HDC file within a specific car folder there is a section half way down (called controllers or something like that - under the suspension bit usually) that contains stuff you can change such as degree rotation, steering lock, brake pressure etc... there's also an ffb strength bit but I suspect that does nothing as you control ffb with the real feel plugin instead.

I also lower rear ride height in the same file for each rear wheel which can be done in the same HDV/HDC files for both rear wheels.

Last edited:
Hi dwightyone Thanks for reply i will have a look and give that a try, in the CanAm 3 1.1 mod its not a problem so if no fix i will just use that.

Hi i should have looked more closely at the garage menu, the rear toein is adjustable and by making it more positive it dials out the snap oversteer, so now cars are a joy to drive.

Good to know - been going through some of the series out there and Can Am is on the menu so I'll be in the garage too by the sounds of it. Probably can do it in the HDV file as well I guess to make it default for all tracks.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea