1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Bumper's Reasonably Priced Vehicle

Discussion in 'Racer Cars' started by Bumper, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Bumper

Bumper

Ratings:
    +16
    Okay, it's starting to take some shape. Not showing the rear end yet since it's really basic at the moment... And I actually haven't decided what kind of design I'm going for anyways.

It's going to be a kind of hatchback/small wagon. It's going to have a rather high ground clearance to make it suitable for the more rural areas. The engine will be a boxer twin of small displacement with forced induction, and the car will be fwd.

[​IMG]

2. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,731
    Looks good Bumper. Like the general concept of a simple and tough car. Sounds like a pretty cool engine too:)

Kinda reminds me of the Citroen GS in concept with a small boxer in front

3. Harey

Harey

Ratings:
    +612
    Looks like a great start to me. kind of reminds me of the 2CV in design, but in looks its kind of like a DS with a raised roof line and raised ride height. :cool:

4. citronized

citronized

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Bumper,

Glad to see your work again :wink: Don't want to play that much with this "what it reminds me" game, but I have to say there's something of the Citroën Eco-2000 prototype (Citroenet's Eco-2000 prototype page). And I can't blame you for that!
    I like the way you think the global car's architecture : high ground clearance, twin boxer engine (so that's closer of a 2CV rather then a GS), smooth and aerodynamical shape… But be careful of front passenger point of view, it seems they'll be slightly too high, IMO.

5. Lipton

Lipton

Ratings:
    +1
    This does indeed look tough yet i still see the Finnmotors trademark lines throughout the model. I`ve just finished sketching my car btw and it`s going to be completely different to this and everything else i`ve seen for this comp so far :D.

6. Bumper

Bumper

Ratings:
    +16
    Thanks for the comments, guys!

@citronized - Yeah, it's fun to model something again... Can't really see the similarities between this and the Eco-2000, but I guess it shares the same ideology. Though this one isn't all about amazing fuel economy. Oh, and I also mounted the seats a bit lower for now.. They're just some dummy seats though, the final ones won't be this fancy... It's a rather cheap car after all.

Anyways, here's some progress. Haven't had all that much time to tinker around with this one, but it's getting there slowly...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. AMGfan(BPM)

AMGfan(BPM)

Ratings:
    +30
    Nice, has a good design.. hope the engine has some "emotion" inside :D

8. Adams91

Adams91

Ratings:
    +21
    Good model and nice design... I like it :D

9. Lipton

Lipton

Ratings:
    +1
    Are you going to have a diesel this time? :D Diesels are far less picky when it comes to fuel quality so they would work better in remote arears.

10. chris_89

chris_89

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats a pretty cool design! :3
    Can't wait to see moar ;D