• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

BTCC 1998

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Modding Discussions' started by BattleOvce, Feb 1, 2017.

1. BattleOvce

BattleOvce

Ratings:
    +130
    Anyone working on such a mod ? I know that there is nissan primera out there but I would like to know if someone is working on full season, it would be literally dream came true. :inlove:

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. AccAkut

AccAkut

Ratings:
    +795
    I think you are seriously underestimating the work needed for a mod of that size

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mahad

Mahad

Ratings:
    +214
    If i remember right, Patrick Marek started work on it.

4. M41k_R

M41k_R
    Lifetime F1 Fan Premium

Ratings:
    +78
    He don't works on some specific 1998 BTCC Cars
    The Primera is from 99 and the BMW wasn't a BTCC car in 98.

5. Guillaume Francois

Guillaume Francois

Ratings:
    +59
    In fact to create, and update such a pack you will need a big team, data are not so easy to find so its hard to replicate not one but a complete field :V

6. BattleOvce

BattleOvce

Ratings:
    +130
    I was just curious if out there is such a project or I should dream on forever :D Because I saw primera so why not to ask if anyone know something .. and I think I didnt say in my post that its easy to be done. duuuudes :D...

Mods are based on real data or just on the personal feel ? Which I believe that 2nd option is the most common.

7. Guillaume Francois

Guillaume Francois

Ratings:
    +59
    Well I think its all about personal taste, some prefer to dig and find real data and other not. In both case it's a hell of a job :roflmao: !

if you love the primera ( like many of us i guess), you should follow Patrik Marek ;), you'll discover more btcc cars ;D
    https://www.facebook.com/pm3dm/?fref=ts

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ben O'Bro

Ben O'Bro
    Premium

Ratings:
    +937
    • Like Like x 1
  9. BattleOvce

BattleOvce

Ratings:
    +130
    Cool thanks :)

10. AccAkut

AccAkut

Ratings:
    +795
    IMO it's easier the more real data you have. For my Porsche I had a bunch of numbers (spring rates, aero distribution, AWD split etc) which made it easier to work along. For the Audi I have way less (weight, dyno plot, gear spacing, lap times) You need to have a good idea about which range values need to be to make it from scratch. I used my Porsche stuff as the basis as I know that the Audi uses lots of Porsche Cup parts. It seems to work out so far.

11. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +2,262
    IMO its easiest if you just make the whole car up from scratch, then you don't have to worry about such things ;):p