Cars BMW 320i STW/BTCC

I will post that question here too

since the Laguna (and Alfa) did turn out quite nicely, I wondering if it makes sense to not do the Audi A4 as the next one , in case that we managed to get a photoscan of that one too, since I would hate to do the same thing I was doing with Bimmer ( rework shapes after it has been textured)

so what do you think ?
does it matter ?

of course this will quite depend on physics too, with for Laguna might be bit easier then Audi anyhow ?

You really never can have too many old Alfas, can you? ;-) Any of the old touring cars are great, but I'd prefer both the Alfa and the Renault over the Audi I think.

you mean like this ?
not as good as Laguna, but still very useful

hopefuly we can get someone to co-work with us on this one
we're hoping that providing these, with reference photos, can spark interrest in some people to joing our team and help us making these reality,
since it's way too much work for only 1 person (well 2 if I could Bill as well)

1q7SxC7OlxR1YnOQbZFn7imkX1b2XXOxLqmxs5Lah94DQ0hdbhiBG6prbqA4G7b8xECeyyXRDvc0qT2meoSmJJdhLLMdZo71t8id-n6b9TBckjJPTAWgzIbJQgiLHh-VF5TuAfBovkC5f7nhCIDyOIWhlxZltqzhYvZbpIH-oIqNsMY_HEnkbiT_8JJITI--_gaPqqfEp1w4_zsMZfpVrGCjA1oypdTxzvnTmR4VnKIemRJgrQjdS66wh3PMCwj25EweFU39KDCzPW26UNln2xPBeRKCA_tCP8KbT06DjpnmzbODJm09zASUcA5WyBpqLe44WE-cJ9tOrU4uphH2JJG5FWSftZV2OTRd_41sXIvj8V5HwNTMaqputnuJnJJupxXqqXzy0QMWijCsGycdA1CQHR0HdXTqejYXlS6-DfGJZzBw87aYML71X5gUeHiq1PfbdAlT9-EvveT8nj-QOn_dDJsNHVk8_5qtJCucN_YW2BDDP0TxiF-tUNTRCNt22mT0hht68iPE-9woHttWvff-d9Q6hGynVnXT-HGFiDU8Wp9HzmYehM26j5LobqR7INpsLKstVvFfaiOI4gqqoPJZJxK9cah13OkMny1aBJJok2KU=w1024-h481-no

Wow, your photo scanning game is strong ! I wonder if you are really going to build all these cars. Or maybe someone would team up to build touring cars pack or series as separate cars to download.

Our plan always was to make quite a few of these, but obviously it will take lot of time , because It's mosty just me. But having these kind of nice references + photoscans, could perhaps help getting some more people to work with us on these, so yeah, we shall see

Laguna is definitely planned, so is Audi
Alfa would be nice to have but hard to tell
Peugeot we did the scan, but at the moment - at least for me personally - probably not going to happen ( but this would be great example of having someone else doing that car for us .. so that's not to say it won't happen )

This is all looking very exciting Patrik!! :). I have to say, that if I had a choice of car to add to the Nissan and awesome BMW first, it would be the Laguna!! What a stunning looking car it was and my next fav would be the Mondeo!! Having said that, any car from this era, will be a gr8 addition to AC :).

Any news about your bmw? still i´m hungry for driving it!!! excellent work Patrik, thank you very much, waiting for some templates if you need some skinning help please let me know, thank you again

so i'm getting few request to release template for Bimmer, since some guys are eager to get going on the skins ..

so the question is, does it make sense to release the template without the actual car? do you guys in general like me to do that? or just wait and release it together with the car?
car physics still hasn't changed much, becasue we're fine tuning Primera , and the plan is for Bimmer to use same tires, so we will really get to it once update for Primera is released

please let me know

i find it a bit hard to make skins when I dont have the car to preview. Whenever I do skins I have a realtime preview screen due to content manager, helps a lot especially if cant tell if something is level or warped etc etc.

yep, that's what I'm thinking as well, .. yes people can prepare their logos and stuff, but they will still have to re-work it a bit once the car is released

I'm not planning on releasing a 3d template

yep, that's what I'm thinking as well, .. yes people can prepare their logos and stuff, but they will still have to re-work it a bit once the car is released

I'm not planning on releasing a 3d template
Without a 3D template and the car its still possible to do simple skins. But it will be a shot in the dark to do more complex once.

if the car lines up pretty well on the UV template and it's not too complex shaped on ( like Formual1 or DTM car would be), it's still failrly easy to do skinds without 3d

I make all my skins with 2d only and only see the texture updates in 3d ( either game or directly in 3ds max)
yes, not the most complex skin at all, but still

maxresdefault.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.5%