Brian's Mod Testing - Testers Wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianUK

So blunt a hammer looks sharp
LAST MOD UPDATE - 02/04/2017

I'm going to be putting links to any and all txts I would like to offer for testing in this thread. I currently have a couple of mods I would like to offer up for testing.

Please Note: If you are using TheFlamingRed's Vanilla Balance Mod, then these mods are already included within that mod, either in entirety or in part. Details below:

Personality Traits mod - Version 1.13
Tyre & Race Distance Tweaks - Single Seaters - Version 1.2 (Long preferences only)
Tyre & Race Distance Tweaks - GT - Version 1.1 (Long preferences only)

Personality Traits mod - Version 1.22 (Updated 02/04/2017):

Link to txts: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2c92zu4o1igc35h/AADCQQhoW_UZYLuGdAUhKE_Oa?dl=0

Compatibility 'patch' Frontend if you wish to use Personality Traits 1.21 with TheFlamingRed's Vanilla Balance Mod: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aot4l118rkbx0yy/AABuwxyVuk94ZoE2U6moZ76za?dl=0

1.22 Changelog:
Corrected text for 'Resentful'
Corrected PSG for the last line of the 'Resentful' email

1.21 Changelog:
Added TheFlamingRed's Dilemmas and Interviews with permission, which are now adjusted to reflect the new trait numbers.

1.2 Changelog:
144. Training Young Drivers - Age > 21
241. Broken Metatarsal - -30 Improvability
242. Dislocated Shoulder - -30 Improvability
243. Whiplash - -15 Improvability
239. Sprained Wrist - -15 Improvability
177. Back Problems - -15 Improvability
180. Dodgy Neck - -15 Improvability, reduced duration to 4-10 weeks
178. Cracked Rib - -15 Improvability, reduced duration to 4-10 weeks
240. Eye Problems - -15 Improvability
176. Fever - -15 Improvability
175. Flu - -15 Improvability
174. Cold - -5 Improvability

Implemented 11 new traits, 4 of which are reserved for drivers who have been a reigning or ex- champion, 2 are currently unused:-
334. Ex-ERS Champ - "...and what a step it was." - Permanent, from ERS Champ - +20 Marketability, +20 Morale, +12 Mechanic Relationship, -8 Teammate Morale, +10 Chairman Happiness, +10 Potential, +2 Improvability, +100 Desired Earnings
335. Ex-APS Champ - "Just another step on the way to the top!" - Permanent, from APS Champ - +30 Marketability, +20 Morale, +18 Mechanic Relationship, -12 Teammate Morale, +10 Chairman Happiness, +12 Potential, +2 Improvability, +320 Desired Earnings
336. Ex-WMC Champ - "I reached the top...it was beautiful." - Permanent, from WMC Champ - +40 Marketability, +20 Morale, +24 Mechanic Relationship, -16 Teammate Morale, +10 Chairman Happiness, +14 Potential, +2 Improvability, +600 Desired Earnings
337. Ex-GTC Champ - "...and what a step it was." - Permanent, from GTC Champ - +16 Marketability, +20 Morale, +10 Mechanic Relationship, -6 Teammate Morale, +10 Chairman Happiness, +8 Potential, +2 Improvability, +160 Desired Earnings
338. Ex-IGTC Champ - "I drove 5,000 miles, and I'll drive 5,000 more." - Permanent, from IGTC Champ - +32 Marketability, +20 Morale, +20 Mechanic Relationship, -14 Teammate Morale, +10 Chairman Happiness, +14 Potential, +2 Improvability, +400 Desired Earnings
339. Race of Champions - "I feel honoured to have been invited!" - Temp, 6-10 weeks, can become RoC Champion - +15 Marketability
340. Race of Champions Champion - "I beat the best of the best...I'M UNSTOPPABLE!" - Permanent - +25 Marketability, +1 Improvability
341. Hall of Fame - "Forever to be remembered..." - Permanent - +50 Marketability
342. Building on Success - "There is more potential within me!" - Temp, 30-50 weeks - +25 Potential, +2 Improvability
343. Disappointed - "What?! I can't believe you said "No"..." - Temp, 2-6 weeks, can become Resentful - -10 Morale
344. Resentful - "I can't even look you in the eyes." - Temp, 30-50 weeks - -20 Morale, Won't have contract talks with you

Implemented new MediaReports to go with the new traits that needed them.

Archived changelogs - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fN15iNTXFmE4YzPFnRIlVkN46M1RcgXrvZ2Wz2wL02Q/edit?usp=sharing

Tyre & Race Distance Tweaks - Single Seaters - Version 1.31 (Updated 02/04/2017):

Link to txt: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b2qqosikcwrt8kc/AACQhASMjVwm24dG-3gZc_kNa?dl=0

1.31 Changelog:
Increased MinPerformanceTimeCost
- from 10s to 20s

1.3 Changelog:
Increased MinPerformanceTimeCost
- from 1s to 10s

Decreased CriticalPartTimeCosts
- from 7.8s to 4s

1.21 Changelog:
Increased Tier time costs
- Tier2 from 5s to 8s
- Tier3 from 10s to 16s

1.2 Changelog:
Decreased high performance laps for some compounds (medium)
- Softest - from 4 down to 2
- Hardest - from 5 down to 4
- Inters - from 4 down to 3
- Wets - from 4 down to 3

Increased medium performance laps for some compounds (medium)
- Softest - from 4 up to 5
- Hardest - from 10 up to 12
- Inters - from 8 up to 14
- Wets - from 8 up to 14

Reduced medium performance laps for middle compound (medium)
- Medium - from 8 down to 7

Decreased low performance laps for some compounds (medium)
- Softest - from 3 down to 2
- Medium - from 4 down to 3
- Hardest - from 5 down to 3

Tyre life increase for wet compounds (medium)
- Inters - from ~16 laps to ~21 laps
- Wets - from ~16 laps to ~21 laps

Tyre life reduction for dry compounds (medium)
- Softest - from ~11 laps down to ~9 laps
- Medium - from ~15 laps down to ~13 laps
- Hardest - from ~20 laps down to ~19 laps

1.1 Changelog:
Merged additional lines for the new ERS system

1.0 Changelog in the spoiler:
Increased all average race distances by ~15% (in miles)
- Short - from 50 up to 58
- Medium - from 80 up to 98
- Long - from 130 up to 150

Increased difference in miles for short/medium/long races in rules
- Short - from +-7 up to +-11
- Medium - from +-10 up to +-22
- Long - from +-15 to +-33

Increased tyre range in wet weather
- Slicks - from 0-0.12 up to 0-0.15
- Inters - from 0.10-0.65 up to 0.10-0.68

Decreased drop-off time loss
- Ultras - from 8s down to 5s
- Supers - from 8s down to 4.5s
- Softs - from 8s down to 4s
- Medium - from 8s down to 3s
- Hards - from 8s down to 2s

Decreased wrong weather penalty
- All dry compounds - from 20s down to 15s

Decreased high performance laps for some compounds (long only)
- Softest - from 9 down to 4
- Hardest - from 9 down to 7
- Inters - from 5 down to 3
- Wets - from 5 down to 3

Increased medium performance laps for some compounds (long only)
- Softest - from 7 up to 9
- Hardest - from 18 up to 22
- Inters - from 9 up to 16
- Wets - from 9 up to 16

Reduced medium performance laps for middle compound (long only)
- Medium - from 17 down to 15

Decreased low performance laps for dry compounds (long only)
- Softest - from 4 down to 2
- Medium - from 6 down to 4
- Hardest - from 9 down to 5

Increased smoothness bonus/penalty for some compounds (long only)
- Hardest - from 2 up to 3
- Inters - from 1 up to 2
- Wets - from 1 up to 2

Decreased smoothness bonus/penalty for some compounds (long only)
- Softest - from 2 down to 1
- Medium - from 3 down to 2

Increased tyre wear bonus/penalty for wet compounds (long only)
- Inters - from 1 up to 2
- Wets - from 1 up to 2

Decreased tyre wear bonus/penalty for dry compounds (long only)
- Softest - from 3 down to 2
- Medium - from 4 down to 3
- Hardest - from 6 down to 4

Tyre life increase for wet compounds (long only)
- Inters - from ~19 laps to ~26 laps
- Wets - from ~19 laps to ~26 laps

Tyre life reduction for dry compounds (long only)
- Softest - from ~20 laps down to ~15 laps
- Medium - from ~28 laps down to ~24 laps
- Hardest - from ~36 laps down to ~34 laps

Known Issues:
None yet, needs testing.

Tyre & Race Distance Tweaks - GT - Version 1.1 (updated 03/03/2017):

Link to txt: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9ntizuchvjn899i/AADuFbhus6a-exoWANXw7NHwa?dl=0

1.1 Changelog:
Adopted TFR's changes to crucial part penalties

Increased Tier time costs
- Tier2 from 5s to 7.5s
- Tier3 from 10s to 15s

Reduced driver perfomance delta from 3s to 2.5s for all lengths

Reduced cliff time costs for all compounds
- Ultras - from 6s to 5s
- Supers - from 6s to 4.5s
- Softs - from 6s to 3.5s
- Mediums - from 6s to 2.5s
- Hards - from 6s to 2s
- Inters - from 6s to 3s
- Wets - from 6s to 3s

Reduced wet weather penalties for dry tyres
From 20s to 15s

1.0 Changelog:
Note: Short races in the rules are now the same distance that medium (less short, which is 9 miles shorter) was prior to my edits. The purpose of this is to enable both sprint and endurance GT championships, which means they are a different challenge from Single Seaters, with different strategies being added alongside the new hybrid systems and ERS.

The most balanced option is Long races, I used the percentages from my Long edits to balance the others as I never play them, and never will. Please let me know if anything is off, overpowered or just plain wrong.

Long races:
Corrected incorrect fuel cost per lap
Increased LongRaceLength from 130 to 240
Increased LongRaceLengthShortSessionRulesLapDelta - from -15 to -110
Increased LongRaceLengthLongSessionRulesLapDelta - from 15 to 110
Decreased Softest compound fast laps from 9 to 4
Increased Softest compound medium laps from 7 to 12
Increased Middle compound life from 28 to 34 laps
Increased Middle compound medium laps from 17 to 22
Increased Middle compound slow laps from 6 to 7
Decreased Middle compound slow laps drop-off from 3.5s to 3.25s
Increased Hardest compound life from 36 to 45 laps
Increased Hardest compound medium laps from 18 to 25
Increased Hardest compound slow laps from 9 to 11
Increased Inters life from 19 to 33 laps
Increased Inters fast laps from 5 to 6
Increased Inters medium laps from 9 to 20
Increased Inters slow laps from 5 to 7
Increased Wets life from 19 to 33 laps
Increased Wets fast laps from 5 to 6
Increased Wets medium laps from 9 to 20
Increased Wets slow laps from 5 to 7

Medium races:
Increased MediumRaceLength from 85 to 157
Increased MediumRaceLengthShortSessionRulesLapDelta from -10 to -73
Increased MediumRaceLengthLongSessionRulesLapDelta from 10 to 73
Reduced Softest compound fast laps from 4 to 2
Increased Softest compound medium laps from 4 to 6
Increased Middle compound life from 15 to 18 laps
Increased Middle compound medium laps from 8 to 10
Increased Middle compound slow laps from 4 to 5
Decreased Middle compound slow laps drop-off from 3.5 to 3.25
Increased Hardest compound life from 20 to 25 laps
Increased Hardest compound medium laps from 10 to 14
Increased Hardest compound slow laps from 5 to 6
Increased Inters life from 16 to 28
Increased Inters fast laps from 4 to 5
Increased Inters medium laps from 8 to 18
Increased Inters slow laps from 4 to 5
Increased Wets life from 16 to 28
Increased Wets fast laps from 4 to 5
Increased Wets medium laps from 8 to 18
Increased Wets slow laps from 4 to 5

Short races:
Increased ShortRaceLength from 50 to 92
Increased ShortRaceLengthShortSessionRulesLapDelta from -7 to -51
Increased ShortRaceLengthLongSessionRulesLapDelta from 7 to 51
Reduced Softest compound fast laps from 4 to 2
Increased Softest compound medium laps from 3 to 5
Increased Middle compound life from 11 to 13
Increased Middle compound medium laps from 6 to 8
Increased Hardest compound life from 13 to 16
Increased Hardest compound medium laps from 6 to 9
Increased Inters life from 11 to 19
Increased Inters fast laps from 3 to 4
Increased Inters medium laps from 5 to 11
Increased Inters slow laps from 3 to 4
Increased Wets life from 11 to 19
Increased Wets fast laps from 3 to 4
Increased Wets medium laps from 5 to 11
Increased Wets slow laps from 3 to 4

Last edited:
Okey I took FlamingReds 1.2 h asset file as base and exported the 3 files (Personal Traits, Frontend and Media Reports). Compared the files and added your new lines into the 1.2 h version ones. But I didn't insert the existing traits lines which effects you changed(just left them as FlamingReds changed them).

I am aware that I need to start a new game, but since there is no Balanced Mod for MM 1.23 Version I will try Balance Mod 1.2 h with MM 1.23. If it doesn't work I will use MM 1.21 version of the game to test it.

EDIT: 1.23 didn't work so I use MM 1.21. Starting a new game and didn't use SingleSeaterDesignData file. I just didn't like the idea of longer races and more tyre wear+tyre change (At least that is what I understand from your changelog). If I am wrong I would like you to explain what you wanted to achieve with the changes in SingleSeaterDesignData.

Last edited:
Okey I took FlamingReds 1.2 h asset file as base and exported the 3 files (Personal Traits, Frontend and Media Reports). Compared the files and added your new lines into the 1.2 h version ones. But I didn't insert the existing traits lines which effects you changed(just left them as FlamingReds changed them).

I am aware that I need to start a new game, but since there is no Balanced Mod for MM 1.23 Version I will try Balance Mod 1.2 h with MM 1.23. If it doesn't work I will use MM 1.21 version of the game to test it.

EDIT: 1.23 didn't work so I use MM 1.21. Starting a new game and didn't use SingleSeaterDesignData file. I just didn't like the idea of longer races and more tyre wear+tyre change (At least that is what I understand from your changelog). If I am wrong I would like you to explain what you wanted to achieve with the changes in SingleSeaterDesignData.

Yes, my asset will not work with 1.23 - but you shoudlnt worry about that. He's using a modded version of my modded Single Seater Data I believe - which means in terms of the race event, it closely matches my mod. You don't need to merge anything to get similar results (my other changes, such as +10% redzone, are needless in terms of short term testing).

I would suggest giving the slightly longer races a go... it might be interesting because tyre life could well now mean that you are unable to do an ERS 2 stop using Soft Soft Soft on 70% of races - meaning a lot more strategy is needed

:O How did you manage to roll back to MM1.21? Is that a thing?

Hi Brian, I can help out with some testing.

I've been playing around with SSDD aswell. what are you shooting for with the tyre changes? limiting the life of the softest compound? shrinking the performance gap between compounds to to create strategy options? let me know and I can give you some feedback. I've been trying to make it so that you can't make it through an medium race on 3x soft with the best chassis tyre wear, best driver smoothness and a low tyre wear, but still make it usable if you have the worst chassis, worst driver smoothness and high trye wear track - tough to balance, I'm getting into asymetrical bonus/penalties now to make it work.

How have you found the increased race length?

One thing I've been trying which is working well is the transition from inter to wet.
Same as you I increased the cross over. I also made the wet performance higher that the inter, but the penalty for being on wets incorrectly is higher. makes for some interesting decisions around 50%-70%

Yes, my asset will not work with 1.23 - but you shoudlnt worry about that. He's using a modded version of my modded Single Seater Data I believe - which means in terms of the race event, it closely matches my mod. You don't need to merge anything to get similar results (my other changes, such as +10% redzone, are needless in terms of short term testing).

I would suggest giving the slightly longer races a go... it might be interesting because tyre life could well now mean that you are unable to do an ERS 2 stop using Soft Soft Soft on 70% of races - meaning a lot more strategy is needed

:O How did you manage to roll back to MM1.21? Is that a thing?

- I didn't know that the Brain's SingleSeaterDesignData took your's as base. So basically it's your SingleSeaterDesignData with the Tyre changes. Okey I will give it a try then. And I always play Long-Long races(Preferences+In game).

- It's and old trick that I use for such games (That are still developing). I use 2 PC's (one online and the other one offline). One has always an older version (or sometimes 2 version older) while the other PC have the latest version.

@Coops: I'm trying to break away from the 'spam softest to win' system that is in place currently. There needed to be variance and relevance with other strategies, especially when only a handful of AI use the S-S-S strategy, which makes them easy to beat. The race length change (explained more fully below) will only really be a factor in strategy choice when you have medium or long races in the rules. I also felt that the softest compound had too many fast laps, while also having too much life, which made it a supreme tyre choice in the hands of the player. A poor chassis was never enough to offset this, and your stints were always fuel limited with 40% fuel tanks, so it never made any sense to use anything but the softest compound available because you'd run out of fuel before you ran out of rubber. To me, softs are meant to be for your first stint if you start near the front, and/or your final short stint.

In the test I did last night, it looked like a 4 or 5-stop was the best I could get with Predator (Santa Ana - softs doing 9-11 laps, mediums doing 17-19, Evans - softs doing 8-10 laps, mediums doing 15-17 laps - 58 lap race), as they have a poor chassis and poor drivers, but the best cars were easily on for a 3-stop, which really separates the good teams from the bad ones, and helps push the importance of a good chassis at the very least. I read so many posts where people say 'oh, cheapest chassis because it doesn't matter much', but when +2-4 laps is the difference between 3x40 second stops or 4x40 second stops it suddenly means more. Alongside Red's changes, it also pushes home that a terrible car is terrible, and 16th really is a push for it.

Once fuel is almost a non-issue, your tyre strategy really comes into play, and when the long race rule is also active it's even more important. Suddenly that clear S-S-S is now S-S-S-S-S, even with a good chassis, and those extra stops will kill you. Now S-M-M-S/M-S-S-M/H-S-S/S-H-S are all viable strategies rather than just handicaps so you don't thump the AI too badly.

The race length tweak was originally only going to be when long was chosen in preferences, with 150 miles being the average race distance. The short race rule keeps lengths roughly near the old short race length (117 new, 115 old), so no real change to ERS at game start, bar the odd lap here and there. Long race rules will now bring you to an F1 race distance, at 183 miles. I'll be doing some testing on longer distances with Predator - if a bad team doesn't use all their tyres in a weekend, no-one else will. I may or may not add a lap or 2 back on to softs, but not enough to make them the clear choice again.

There are no tooltips relating to anything on the tyres other than tyre life (that I know of), and that all changes dynamically, so you'll instantly see that the tyre life is reduced. Fast/medium/slow laps are all behind the scenes.

Race length tooltips will possibly be off, though. As this is a test, I haven't gone around and edited them.

Quick question on your tweaks. Do the tool tips reflect your changes to tyre life? Just wondering if I start playing around with this, will I need to keep this page up to know what you actually did in the mod.

I play with Archer (First Season 4th Race) I play Long Session (Preference) and 43 Lap Races(on Average - GMA Rule). First Row Without Brian's SSDD and 2 Row With Brian's SSDD

Without Brian's SSDD SS.jpg Without Brian's SSDD S.jpg Without Brian's SSDD Int.jpg Without Brian's SSDD Wet.jpg

With Brian's SSDD SS.jpg With Brian's SSDD S.jpg With Brian's SSDD Int.jpg With Brian's SSDD Wet.jpg

As you can see they change, SS-S seems like they didn't change, but that is because Brian didn't changed them completely.

How are the drivers and chassis? I took 5 laps of life out of the softest compound, and 4 from the middle compound. Strange they have the same life in your game.

EDIT: Thinking about it, only the worst drivers in vanilla would get 21 laps from the middle compound in vanilla. William Evans in my game only got about 15-17.

NOT: Sorry If it looks like flooding but couldn't upload any more Screenshots (Limit is 10 Pics).

Race length tooltips will possibly be off, though. As this is a test, I haven't gone around and edited them.

It looks like they change too. They are not significant at some tracks(so some change and some doesn't). But they definitely change.
First Row Without Brian's SSDD and 2 Row with Brian's SSDD

Tondela B Without Brians SSDD.jpg Munich A Without Brians SSDD.jpg Guildford A Without Brians SSDD.jpg Milan B Without Brians SSDD.jpg Black Sea A Without Brians SSDD.jpg

Tondela B With Brians SSDD.jpg Munich A With Brians SSDD.jpg Guildford A With Brians SSDD.jpg Milan B With Brians SSDD.jpg Black Sea A With Brians SSDD.jpg

I'm more thinking about the preferences race length estimations though, as they all still say 50-60 laps, even though the range has widened to about 40-80 laps.

Here is Chassis and Drivers.
Chassis.jpg Driver I.jpg Driver II.jpg

Have Ban refuel voting this year later and hope I get a longer race rule change next year.

I'm more thinking about the preferences race length estimations though, as they all still say 50-60 laps, even though the range has widened to about 40-80 laps.

Those are probably a text file and has nothing to do with the changes you make in SSDD.

Looks like they brought back a few of the traits I already brought back, they killed off the touring car traits, and have added some new ones. I'm going to merge them into my stuff and update the traits mod when I can.

I also have *a lot* of renumbering to do.

I have updated the txt's for the Personality Traits mod, changelog:

Personality Traits 1.1:
Added new fields from 1.3 to my Personality Traits
Set 'Enthusiastic' to remove 'Slacker'
Renumbered new 1.3 traits to be inline with already added traits
Added 'Chubby' back in, over 'Out of Shape'
Merged my Frontend changes with 1.3 Frontend
Merged my MediaReports changes with 1.3 MediaReports
Merged new 1.3 traits into my Personality Traits

Tested (with help from Red) and working with 1.3. Links are the same, I have moved the old texts to a backup/archive folder.

I'll be balancing the new 1.3 traits tonight, and I'll also be uploading my updated SSDD. I'll have a look at the GTDD to see what kind of tyre balancing I need to do there.

Nice work Brian. Waited for so long to play the game with FlamingRed's and your mod together. It will make my game experience even better.

EDIT:
Does the new Interview system effect your mod by the way?

It shouldn't, as my stuff only amounts to emails with no interaction required. Of course, I could be wrong. I'm playing some over the weekend, so I'll probably come across any issues that may arise.

SSDD has no changes, other than the ERS stuff being merged into my version of SSDD (a modified version of Red's SSDD). I've just put the updated SSDD into my Dropbox, so that is now available.

The traits bit will be ready in the next hour or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes