BREAKING: 2020 AUSTRALIAN FORMULA 1 GP CANCELLED

Looks like you were right, and someone has, never heard of this site before today but I'll probably watch this later.

https://the-race.com/formula-e/formula-e-drivers-flock-to-all-star-esports-battle-grid/

You can check out this company Torque esports at the following link https://www.teribuhl.com/2020/01/08...ase-without-informing-investors-game-v-mlllf/
They are in a substantial trademark infringement lawsuit for claiming and using the trademarks WFG-World's Fastest Gamer as seen in the above article. The original WFG-World's Fastest Gamer can be seen at www.WorldsFastestGamer.com

You aren't getting it...

This is not a flu, this is not comparable in potential of infection and there is no proof for SARS CoV 2 to be a seasonal viral desease...ignorant attitudes, like yours causing the numbers to increase, because "if you're not feeling sick, enjoy the race"...
How many research papers have you read on the subject as you seem to be an expert? I've read several and have reviewed the latest information coming out of the front lines. There is evidence to suggest that this coronavirus may be similar to the others and have a seasonal nature. It sounds as if you're getting your information from the mass media who are trying to blow this out of proportion to make a quick buck. Please do not buy into the panic narrative. You are spreading unnecessary fear and not doing the people around you any good.

How many research papers have you read on the subject as you seem to be an expert? I've read several and have reviewed the latest information coming out of the front lines. There is evidence to suggest that this coronavirus may be similar to the others and have a seasonal nature. It sounds as if you're getting your information from the mass media who are trying to blow this out of proportion to make a quick buck. Please do not buy into the panic narrative. You are spreading unnecessary fear and not doing the people around you any good.
You're right...it seems next time, i get my intel on Twitter, FB and RT instead from somebody like Drosten, apparently he just wants to make a quick buck and he is also spreading unnecessary fear. It's just a flu now and likely seasonal, you know everything about it and you are the leading member in this thread, to evaluate risks. I'm not the expert, you seem to be the expert more likely here, that has enlightened us all with your desertation of the evil mass media, that informs us with misinformation. Apologies for my stupid caution. I will act more egoistic in the future!
sNYaAMo.png
I'm not spreading any fear...nowhere...washing your hands, don't take unnecessary risks right now, maybe avoiding being on mass events right now, risking spreading a desease...this is reasonable, nothing more. But you're encouraging egoistic behaviour without any sence for caution or empathy for the people, that could be at risk to get ill.

But i know, dude..."but the flu".
Don't bother answering, anyway, this is getting OT and we can disagree here.

Last edited:
You can check out this company Torque esports at the following link https://www.teribuhl.com/2020/01/08...ase-without-informing-investors-game-v-mlllf/
They are in a substantial trademark infringement lawsuit for claiming and using the trademarks WFG-World's Fastest Gamer as seen in the above article. The original WFG-World's Fastest Gamer can be seen at www.WorldsFastestGamer.com

Thanks for sharing this, that's a shocking read that could easily make the Netflix Dirty Money series. Greed rules once again.

Well like he said I guess every winter we can shut everything down and everyone can stay indoors
As soon, as a degree of herd immunity is archieved (like what we have with the flu), while not overstressing the health care systems, this isn't necessary anymore. This is basically the "why" behind all those actions and recommendations, what is apparently still not understood by many people, you don't have to be an expert for that.

Sh*t hitted the fan already quite a bit, so relief of health care systems and avoiding risks for vulnerable people is the strategy right now, keeping peaks on the lower side. This is, what all this "flatten the curve" is about. And to link it to the topic: What success of keeping heaped infections away is to be expected with a mass event, like a F1 race weekend? It's not about hysteria or spreading fear.

80,000 people died in the US last year of the’ flu’ something u say people have immunity to and vaccines for mayb we should Figure out what that disease was called so we can put a name it all be scared of that one too

80,000 people died in the US last year of the’ flu’ something u say people have immunity to
Yes, this is really bad (also thinking of the expensive health care in the US) and now think about, what would happen, if in addition to that a new cold is stressing health care?
vaccines for mayb we should Figure out what that disease was called so we can put a name it all be scared of that one too
Again: it's already worse enough, having one desease, isn't it better to prevent things from making it worse? It's not about being scared, it's about taking proactive steps. When you know, your car will oversteer in a following corner, you will be ready to countersteer at this location. Is it really that hard to understand?

You're right...it seems next time, i get my intel on Twitter, FB and RT instead from somebody like Drosten, apparently he just wants to make a quick buck and he is also spreading unnecessary fear. It's just a flu now and likely seasonal, you know everything about it and you are the leading member in this thread, to evaluate risks. I'm not the expert, you seem to be the expert more likely here, that has enlightened us all with your desertation of the evil mass media, that informs us with misinformation. Apologies for my stupid caution. I will act more egoistic in the future!
View attachment 355564
I'm not spreading any fear...nowhere...washing your hands, don't take unnecessary risks right now, maybe avoiding being on mass events right now, risking spreading a desease...this is reasonable, nothing more. But you're encouraging egoistic behaviour without any sence for caution or empathy for the people, that could be at risk to get ill.

But i know, dude..."but the flu".
Don't bother answering, anyway, this is getting OT and we can disagree here.
I never said get your information from Twitter, FB, etc.. It's kind of disappointing that you needed to resort to such a weak straw man. I'm suggesting you go to the source of information such as Johns Hopkins, Lancet, New England Journal of Medicine, etc.. Maybe actually take an hour or two and read an actual paper on the subject. Much of the information being presented by the corporate mass media, who honestly are completely out of their depth, is erroneous at best and intentionally misleading at worst. These organizations are in business for one reason only, and that is to make a profit. Please don't get your health information from them. I'm fairly certain that by regurgitating their fear mongering agenda that you are not helping the situation.

I never said get your information from Twitter, FB, etc.. It's kind of disappointing that you needed to resort to such a weak straw man. I'm suggesting you go to the source of information such as Johns Hopkins, Lancet, New England Journal of Medicine, etc.. Maybe actually take an hour or two and read an actual paper on the subject. Much of the information being presented by the corporate mass media, who honestly are completely out of their depth, is erroneous at best and intentionally misleading at worst. These organizations are in business for one reason only, and that is to make a profit. Please don't get your health information from them. I'm fairly certain that by regurgitating their fear mongering agenda that you are not helping the situation.
I never said, that i get my information from the eViL cOrPoRaTe mass media...

You are not helping the situation, and you don't even know, why...

Like i said...i give up, it's like talking to a wall with greatest hits like "flu shots r free", regarding health care systems free beds and "when you're not feeling sick go, enjoy the race" and "spreading fear and panic". You are very informed and i'm just hysteric, because who cares, if health care is over stressed in future weeks. :rolleyes:

I never said, that i get my information from the eViL cOrPoRaTe mass media...

You are not helping the situation, and you don't even know, why...

Like i said...i give up, it's like talking to a wall with greatest hits like "flu shots r free", regarding health care systems free beds and "when you're not feeling sick go, enjoy the race" and "spreading fear and panic". You are very informed and i'm just hysteric, because who cares, if health care is over stressed in future weeks. :rolleyes:
If you were a bit more educated you would not be as fearful as you appear to be. Unless you are in a high risk group and participating in risky behavior you have almost nothing to worry about. What appears to be lacking right now is perspective. And convincing people that they need to hide under their pillows is not helpful.

If you were a bit more educated you would not be as fearful as you appear to be.
Do you know me? No? Then maybe stop assuming, how i am or act. Or i keep calling you egoistic, so shut it down. Thx.^^

Unless you are in a high risk group and participating in risky behavior you have almost nothing to worry about.
That's. The. Point. FFS.
What, if someone without symptomps infects somebody in the high risk group. Where is it wrong to avoid this? It's not about my risk (even if i have some mild lung conditions)

If you don't understand this, and are still on the "you are feared and panicing" rails, instead of maybe thinking one second mOrE eDuCaTeD about infection spread, then please stop answering now, please continue thinking, i'm just spreading panic and hysteria...

And convincing people that they need to hide under their pillows is not helpful.
Yeah...duck and cover...i've nowhere said that.

EDIT: I'm sorry, now i get hysteria, because of consistently repating my point.
Guys...it's not about panicing. It's about protectig the people, that are at risk. Yes, we have the flu already, so don't add the risk of another high numbered infection, so the health care can work with all their capacity. That's all.

Last edited:
How many research papers have you read on the subject as you seem to be an expert? I've read several and have reviewed the latest information coming out of the front lines. There is evidence to suggest that this coronavirus may be similar to the others and have a seasonal nature.
Maybe you should use better glasses when you search and read your several articles.
The reproduction rate R, i.e. the number of people on average a sick person will infect.

As long as the reproduction rate is above 1, the disease will continue to spread.
The rate at which this occurs is quite obvious depending on the size of R.

A 2014 article that outlined a wide range of scientific studies found that for a typical seasonal flu during an outbreak, R is about 1.3, while for the Spanish ill in 1918 it was typically about 1.8.

Everything indicates that for COVID-19, R is much higher.

In a recent article in The Lancet Infections Diseases, researchers from the Center for Mathematical Modeling of Infectious Disease at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine estimate that the reproduction rate was 2.35 a week before the shutdown in Wuhan.

Conclusion is based on a model calculation based on a wide range of data, which is described in detail in the article. However, the researchers also draw attention. that there are, of course, a number of assumptions and uncertainties, but from the current data it is probably the best one can conclude at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
If this is supposedly the future I'm worried. The racing is closer to a hobby lobby than anything real. If realistic damage had been on the race would have been pretty much over at the first corner.

Little wonder racing game multiplayer lobbies are full of contact when they see the 'pros' (a wide category here) driving like this. I've now seen several pro competitions/events with high production values in games from Forza, GT, F1 to the more dedicated games like RF2, iRacing etc and imo racing game esports has a long way to go before it will be anywhere near enjoyable to watch. With no consequence for actions and a lack of regulation mean it has little to do with real motorsport. At the moment it's about the equivalent of how online football games* would be without the referee - no consequence for fouls (racing game: excessive contact), no offside (track limits) and players that should have been sent off for foul play scoring winning goals (taking advantage of contact).

The only notable part of the commentary was when they said the lack of any fear or consequence allows drivers to take chances they couldn't for real.

Let's hope real sport is back sooner than later. Video games are far more fun to play than watch someone else playing!

(*I'm not suggesting online footy games are perfect, far from it.)

Little wonder racing game multiplayer lobbies are full of contact when they see the 'pros' (a wide category here) driving like this. I've now seen several pro competitions/events with high production values in games from Forza, GT, F1 to the more dedicated games like RF2, iRacing etc and imo racing game esports has a long way to go before it will be anywhere near enjoyable to watch.
The reason 1st person shooters have such large audience (and high prizes) compared to all other E-sports is probably because the target of these games is exactly to create maximum damage to the opponents.
Thats exactly the opposite of as example multiplayer races in sim racing where you principally are not allowed to make damage on the opponents cars.
And thats also the reason I personally dont think sim racing will ever get a future as an important E-sport area.:cool:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Safety Rating ala iRacings dont change this at all. You just have to watch the almost mandatory 1st corner messup created by people who dont give a damn of the impact on SR.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 1 4.3%