BREAKING: 2020 AUSTRALIAN FORMULA 1 GP CANCELLED

Dude, are you organizing this or you just grab somewhere? See, you can find lot's of F1 drivers in iRacing like Rubens Barichello, Esteban Ocon, Lando, Max, etc...
Thanks for asking. I copy and pasted it from the internetzzzz.
Thought it was good to share as many people wanted to watch the F1 race Australia. Now with that being cancelled this is a good alternative to watch for those interested. Otherwise just forget it and go forward.

And here another copy paste. This time from Jean-Eric Vergne. As an alternative for the cancelled GP Australia and other races. Good initiative and an extra boost for Simracing.

1584172525994.png

Last edited:
Quite possibly the most intelligent professional I have *ever* seen on Television.

If the Italian healthcare system response is informed and managed by persons of his caliber, Italy is a lot better off than I feared. I certainly hope that other European nations sit up and pay attention to what he's suggesting.
Yeah he is a very good informer.
And he dont try to make the things more complicated than they allready are.
But if you listen to the interview he also does admit that the Italian healthcare system took too long to get started with sufficient intervention.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: He is actually the man responsible for coordinating the socalled network of intensive care in the worst infected region in Italy - Lombardy.

Can you tell me why not a single member of the American media has tested positive?
Can you tell me how many have tested negative?
By March 7th, The Atlantic could only verify 1,895 tests, total, had been made in the USA.
That figure looks like its now circa 21,000

Last edited:
Can you tell me why not a single member of the American media has tested positive?
If you look at the big operations like FOX you'd realise they never get out into the Real World.
OT but it occurred to me the possible impact on the forthcoming election circus, banning gatherings of more than say 500 people (hypothetically) would be interesting indeed.
CORVID-19 has shut down large areas of life here in the Great Southern Land, but even the late shutting of the gate has kept some security in place. The knock-on effect is more devastating than just cancelling a number of sporting events, it hits large numbers of services and industry employees who might end up in severe financial difficulty. Longer term it is simply a case of preventing a medical services overload if COVID-19 were to spike rapidly in a short time compared to a more manageable number over a lengthy period.
I guess I went somewhat OT there?
;)
And a PS: we need a few masked smilies here.

Last edited:
Really ???????????????
Then go home, in shops, in schools, in clubs, at work wherever you want and spread it. To be sure everyone get it.

Huh? Obviously if you're sick, stay home. There are millions of people with the seasonal flu right now. In the United States alone, thousands die every week from it. I believe you may lack some perspective.

Huh? Obviously if you're sick, stay home. There are millions of people with the seasonal flu right now. In the United States alone, thousands die every week from it. I believe you may lack some perspective.
I believe you may lack some perspective. Especially in topics like immunity and infection.

Edit:
I remembered something: Read about Mary Mallon (Typhoid-Mary) and maybe you get an idea, why it's not clever to challenge your and other peoples luck by watching a huge F1 event in a infectious pandemic situation without mass-immunity, just because you don't feel sick.

Last edited:
I believe you may lack some perspective. Especially in topics like immunity and infection.

Edit:
I remembered something: Read about Mary Mallon (Typhoid-Mary) and maybe you get an idea, why it's not clever to challenge your and other peoples luck by watching a huge F1 event in a infectious pandemic situation without mass-immunity, just because you don't feel sick.

Well that is just as true every year when flu season hits. So are you prepared to shutdown everything every year to save lives? Keep in mind that hundreds of thousands die from the flu every year.

Well that is just as true every year when flu season hits. So are you prepared to shutdown everything every year to save lives? Keep in mind that hundreds of thousands die from the flu every year.
You aren't getting it...

This is not a flu, this is not comparable in potential of infection and there is no proof for SARS CoV 2 to be a seasonal viral desease...ignorant attitudes, like yours causing the numbers to increase, because "if you're not feeling sick, enjoy the race"...

Last edited:
Today "The Race" ("All star race") and "Veloce Esports" ("Not the Aus GP") will organize some kind of races with some known drivers in Sim- and Real racing, also with participations of F1 drivers, so maybe a bit of compensation for the lack of Formula glamour.

Last edited:
Today "The Race" ("All star race") and "Veloce Esports" ("Not the Aus GP") will organize some kind of races with some known drivers in Sim- and Real racing, also with participations of F1 drivers, so maybe a bit of compensation for the lack of Formula glamour.
If FIA and Liberty Media had some creativity (or balls :roflmao:) they should stick together and create some kind of OFFICIAL virtual F1 championship - at least for the rest of 2020.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: I dont know what sim they should chose - but personally my oppinion is that they should stay away from a certain 24/7 service.
Because of the tire model.:sneaky:

You gotta love the real core of sim racing. Race at home and even win a championship inside your room. Not requiring you to travel to some places you don't know and if you can't go where the championship is, you're left out. Can we go back to that?

If FIA and Liberty Media had some creativity (or balls :roflmao:) they should stick together and create some kind of OFFICIAL virtual F1 championship - at least for the rest of 2020.
Would be fun to watch, yes. The The Race-All stars is pretty entertaining right now. Much awareness for sim racing today.
CatsAreTheWorstDogs: I dont know what sim they should chose - but personally my oppinion is that they should stay away from a certain 24/7 service.
Because of the tire model.:sneaky:
Unlikely, they choose this service. More likely would be the official game or the game with the slightly overrated tire model. :sneaky:

Are we talking about Wreckfest?:roflmao:

It was underwhelming wasn't it?

Same old same old, sim racing bumper cars but with faster lap times. Some of that contact looked deliberate but of course, that could have been ping or game-related.

They need to sort the stream comments too, what a lot of nonsense in their splashed all across the YouTube screen (iPad). Good pro commentary is a mismatch with the thought stream of the masses!

Whoever thought we'd miss 'boring' ;) old real F1 so quickly. I've got to say having watched that I'm less optimistic about RD's umbrella esports idea attracting anywhere near the numbers they suggested.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%