Black Friday Sales 2020

Mr Latte

Premium
Hi all....
I thought a temporarily based thread for this time of year to share offers on hardware deals might be handy. This could be for Sim Hardware, PC Hardware or electrical items of interest like TVs.

I see within the UK and likely also happening in other regions some sales are already on.
Feel free to list ones that interest you or you come across?

Some that caught my eye that could make a great display for consoles and PC with 16x9 as well as support for 21:9 resolutions. These certainly would bring much greater image quality and features than most monitors offer.

LG OLED CX 55" model is available now cheaper than the much-touted 48" model. This seems much better value than a Samsung G9 49" curved monitor even though they are very different displays.
UK / Currys (and others)
£1299 Save £300

LG OLED BX 55" makes me wonder if it's a better option than an expensive ultrawide monitor?
UK / Currys (and others)
£1098 Save £101

Last edited:
I was also wondering about them. They have Simucube 2 listed for a 5% sale but I do not see them listed as a location to buy on the Gravity Devices website.

I sent them an email yesterday asking if they have the pedals in stock, ready to dispatch.
No response today, so think I’ll give them a miss. I didn’t really want/need the clutch anyway.

You know the old adage, if something seems to good to be true...........

Upvote 0
Man I wish they shipped internationally.
Newegg and Amazon do, but as soon as I put my country as origin (Japan), all Dark Matter/Monoprice and most of the good ultra widescreen monitors drop from the search listing.

You can find the same Samsung panel in the Nixeus NX-EDG34(S), Titan Army N34SQ-PLUS, Skyworth 34G1Q, Xiaomi Mi Curved 34, Lenovo G34w, Coolermaster GM34-CW and Philips 345M1CR monitors.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

I understand how you feel. LG would be better for all around gaming but having the in car dash line up with the wheel is less about “immersion” and more about having the right FOV so you feel more connected to the car. I doubt he’s looking at the airbag cover on the dash or the B pillars.
It’s easier to find your brake lines and hit your apex if you feel like you know exactly where your car is.
@Andrew_WOT was using a large TV for his cockpit before, maybe he can chime in on his experience? I think he’s been considering 49” but he also has reservations. There’s looming issues with QC, heat, compatibility with all sims (I think someone in the cockpits thread can’t even use ACC full screen with it).
FWIW, I’m also considering a 55” LG but I will be racing in VR. Since racing is 80% VR for me and only 20% in regular TV/LCD, I don’t want to sacrifice my normal gaming for 2x1440p.
But I’m REALLY tempted to get the CRG9...
It's still bolted to cockpit, yes, but has not much use for sim racing which happens 100% in VR.
I completely agree with above posters (CC and Ted), all that vertical real estate is just a waste of GPU resources and I'd be much better with ultrawide, 21:9 or 32:9 ratio. Even for non racing games, 21:9 (like 38" LG, gorgeous monitor btw) works much better when used in desktop configuration. Large 16:9 are really only good for couch gaming and quite mediocre for anything else.
Don't have experience with G9 to comment but reading spec where Freesync range starts at 60hz and some issues surrounding release, it's almost making older CRG9 look like a better option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I wouldn't hold my breath. In a year where sim racing has seen a surge in interest and high end purchases becoming more common, companies like Sim Experience may not want to cut margins for the sake of an annual sale and risk training their clients to 'hold off for Black Friday'

Upvote 0
I wouldn't hold my breath. In a year where sim racing has seen a surge in interest and high end purchases becoming more common, companies like Sim Experience may not want to cut margins for the sake of an annual sale and risk training their clients to 'hold off for Black Friday'

Well, I've been waiting on their B.F. deal, and if their competitor Simagic drops their prices instead, Sim Experience may well lose my business (not that they would notice or likely care).

Upvote 0
Well, I've been waiting on their B.F. deal, and if their competitor Simagic drops their prices instead, Sim Experience may well lose my business (not that they would notice or likely care).
To be honest, most of their revenue these days is probably from their motion systems and G-belt.
Looks like simfi is running a 10% off "year end" promo so the M10 bundle is under $1000 now.

Upvote 0
@Mr Latte Pure from a sim racers perspective you can't beat the 49" monitor when compared to a 55" Oled TV.

When placed directly above the direct drive, as show here below, you can achieve a perfect integration between your real life steering wheel and the in car dashboard.

When you attempt to use a widescreen option on the LG TV, the image will automatically be raised to the center of the screen, making it a less ideal option.

I could not get my LG Oled55CX 2020 model go higher than 60hz in the 3840x1440p mode settings.

The LG is the better overall gaming TV. For example Red Dead Redemption 2 plays a lot better on the LG 55" than on the Samsung 49" widescreen. Especially with these 'gamepad' games you have a tendency to lean back and profit more from the bigger vertical FOV.

The main purpose of my LG tv is..... watching TV :roflmao:

If i had to make a 'simracing choice' the 49" widescreen would be the clear winner since i could not live with a screen that is raised so far above my steering wheel.
What game is this in your screenshot please? The one with the red mini?

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea