Black Friday Sales 2020

Mr Latte

Premium
Hi all....
I thought a temporarily based thread for this time of year to share offers on hardware deals might be handy. This could be for Sim Hardware, PC Hardware or electrical items of interest like TVs.

I see within the UK and likely also happening in other regions some sales are already on.
Feel free to list ones that interest you or you come across?

Some that caught my eye that could make a great display for consoles and PC with 16x9 as well as support for 21:9 resolutions. These certainly would bring much greater image quality and features than most monitors offer.

LG OLED CX 55" model is available now cheaper than the much-touted 48" model. This seems much better value than a Samsung G9 49" curved monitor even though they are very different displays.
UK / Currys (and others)
£1299 Save £300

LG OLED BX 55" makes me wonder if it's a better option than an expensive ultrawide monitor?
UK / Currys (and others)
£1098 Save £101

Last edited:
SimXperience is having sales. $75 off Accuforce V2 Wheels
15% off DIY Motion kits
$20 off Simvibe
$75 Buttkickers
$500 off g seats

https://www.simxperience.com/News/t...nual-black-friday/language/en-US/Default.aspx

Fanatec normally does their one sale a year on Black Friday as well and while I don't think they are doing anything early, they might release a new product or two.

I know I am going to be spending some money over the next month, just need to nail down what.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sim Lab will have 12% off site wide starting this Friday. The exception is their D Box platform which will not be discounted but will include a free P1-X.

They will be taking some of my money tomorrow. I actually added everything to my cart and checked shipping yesterday and saw that the price was lower and thought the conversion from Euros to Dollars was screwed up or something. Guess they were testing out the system when I added stuff to my cart yesterday as it looks like the sale does not actually start until the 13th.

Thanks for posting TebBrosby

Upvote 0
SimXperience is having sales. $75 off Accuforce V2 Wheels
15% off DIY Motion kits
$20 off Simvibe
$75 Buttkickers
$500 off g seats

https://www.simxperience.com/News/t...nual-black-friday/language/en-US/Default.aspx

Fanatec normally does their one sale a year on Black Friday as well and while I don't think they are doing anything early, they might release a new product or two.

I know I am going to be spending some money over the next month, just need to nail down what.
SimExperience hasn't announced a Black Friday sale as of yet for 2020. The one listed on their page was from 2019.

Upvote 0
@sebastalona No,they never have and probably won't

@Mr Latte I have the Samsung 49" curved and the LG 55" Oled TV.

The widescreen curved monitor direct behing the steering wheel is the much much better option for simracing.

Im not convinced with the launch the newest G9 product has had. Even read in some places of people ordering and returning upto 3 times and still finding issues. While the curve is interesting I cant say I am particularly fond of the fish eye stretching that 32:9 has but maybe you get used to it after a while.

I had been trying to discover if the LG OLED 2020 BX/CX models with HDMI 2.1 GPU could handle 21:9 monitor resolutions above 60Hz.

In particular
3840x1600 & 3440x1440

I feel an OLED would blow away in picture quality the G9 and would easily accept that with a 21:9 ratio over the 32:9 but get to enjoy possible 21:9 on a much larger screen, than even the 38" LG Ultrawide monitor provides. Monitor prices are just highly overpriced in comparison to top spec TVs. The G9 currently costs similar money to the 55" CX OLED, thats nuts.

The other benefit is that PS5 or other content in 16:9 will be fullscreen on the TV and not a small window or at best only 27" which happens with the G9. So while I think the G9 could be great for sim racing it loses out in other areas.

Curious what others think or if anyone is using 21:9 resolutions on OLED

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If it's available in your country, you could get the Dark Matter 49" or the AOC Agon 49". I've heard both, while not as curved as the G9, are still curved enough for sim racing immersion but don't have any of the patented Samsung issues. Their refresh rate isn't as high, but I seriously doubt you'd complain about 120/144/165.

Upvote 0
@Mr Latte Pure from a sim racers perspective you can't beat the 49" monitor when compared to a 55" Oled TV.

When placed directly above the direct drive, as show here below, you can achieve a perfect integration between your real life steering wheel and the in car dashboard.

When you attempt to use a widescreen option on the LG TV, the image will automatically be raised to the center of the screen, making it a less ideal option.

I could not get my LG Oled55CX 2020 model go higher than 60hz in the 3840x1440p mode settings.

The LG is the better overall gaming TV. For example Red Dead Redemption 2 plays a lot better on the LG 55" than on the Samsung 49" widescreen. Especially with these 'gamepad' games you have a tendency to lean back and profit more from the bigger vertical FOV.

The main purpose of my LG tv is..... watching TV :roflmao:

If i had to make a 'simracing choice' the 49" widescreen would be the clear winner since i could not live with a screen that is raised so far above my steering wheel.

Upvote 0
Thanks for showing but for me and I’m sure some others trying to align a wheel with the screen is not really that important.

It just looks odd/immersion breaking having button boxes and things not associated with the “simulated car/dash” in trying to achieve an illusion that you talk about.

Different if the user builds a rig to match a specific car to blend the virtual with real world elements and really if we want that then VR is the way to do “in the car” experience.

A large display could also be on a mount that is adjustable for height or a motorised screen lift like you once had. Maybe for using the 21:9 but then I’m thinking is a borderless window mode an option to position the image where wanted in some titles..

My point is 16:9 sucks on these super ultra wide displays and lots of people are embracing OLED for gaming and for many they use their cockpit area for general gaming and PC usage.

This discussion would be a good topic for its own thread as different screen technologies and options bring their own benefits to different people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you're thinking of an LG OLED for gaming, think carefully. OLED do suffer image burn in if an image is a static for long enough, think timing etc. TV's aren't designed to be on like a monitor.

The stories are out there and yes it's when someone leaves their TV's on for hours watching Sky Sports News with the ticker etc, whilst the OLED picture looks sublime I didn't take the risk myself. Add the fact you can get the same size TV for 1/2 the price in LED, was a no brainer for me.

I would not use a TV for gaming up close either, you obviously have your reasons.

Upvote 0
Thanks for showing but for me and I’m sure some others trying to align a wheel with the screen is not really that important.

It just looks odd/immersion breaking having button boxes and things not associated with the “simulated car/dash” in trying to achieve an illusion that you talk about.

Different if the user builds a rig to match a specific car to blend the virtual with real world elements and really if we want that then VR is the way to do “in the car” experience.

A large display could also be on a mount that is adjustable for height or a motorised screen lift like you once had. Maybe for using the 21:9 but then I’m thinking is a borderless window mode an option to position the image where wanted in some titles..

My point is 16:9 sucks on these super ultra wide displays and lots of people are embracing OLED for gaming and for many they use their cockpit area for general gaming and PC usage.

This discussion would be a good topic for its own thread as different screen technologies and options bring their own benefits to different people.
I understand how you feel. LG would be better for all around gaming but having the in car dash line up with the wheel is less about “immersion” and more about having the right FOV so you feel more connected to the car. I doubt he’s looking at the airbag cover on the dash or the B pillars.
It’s easier to find your brake lines and hit your apex if you feel like you know exactly where your car is.
@Andrew_WOT was using a large TV for his cockpit before, maybe he can chime in on his experience? I think he’s been considering 49” but he also has reservations. There’s looming issues with QC, heat, compatibility with all sims (I think someone in the cockpits thread can’t even use ACC full screen with it).
FWIW, I’m also considering a 55” LG but I will be racing in VR. Since racing is 80% VR for me and only 20% in regular TV/LCD, I don’t want to sacrifice my normal gaming for 2x1440p.
But I’m REALLY tempted to get the CRG9...

Upvote 0
The Samsung CRG9 doesn't seem to have the same bad rep with quality control. Yes, it's a little inferior in specs, only 120Hz instead of 244Hz, but that's still plenty fast enough for smooth gaming. Not quite as curved, which is either an upside or a downside depending on personal preference I guess.

I'd personally buy that over what feels like a big dice roll with the Odyssey G9. I'm keeping an eye out for any sales on it myself ...

Upvote 0
If you're thinking of an LG OLED for gaming, think carefully. OLED do suffer image burn in if an image is a static for long enough, think timing etc. TV's aren't designed to be on like a monitor.

The stories are out there and yes it's when someone leaves their TV's on for hours watching Sky Sports News with the ticker etc, whilst the OLED picture looks sublime I didn't take the risk myself. Add the fact you can get the same size TV for 1/2 the price in LED, was a no brainer for me.

I would not use a TV for gaming up close either, you obviously have your reasons.

I realise what your saying regards screen burn and with previous OLED models.
The 10 series improved pixel shift helps with this but lets be clear about something here. In particular the 48" with the same tech is being marketed as a high quality gaming display. For Henk to say a TV is good for watching "TV" is being a little bit ignorant of what these displays offer.

Lots of owners on various tech forums already have them and you can also find reports of owners for several months with no screen burn issues. Of course taking care is not a bad thing neither but I would say that the OLED TVs and the 55"or larger probably makes LGs own overpriced 38" Ultrawide monitor (while excellent) look pale in comparison.

While on the topic of that monitor. Some people having owned and returned the G9 replacing it with the 38" LG have preferred its higher vertical and better image quality to the troubled G9 and the additional stretching that not everyone likes going beyond the 21:9 ratio.

Sim racing according to most on these forums does not benefit much from high refresh rate monitors. So while it seems possibly a current firmware issue that custom res will not offer 120Hz its still possible in 16:9 4K of course. I have not seen mention of anyone trying CRU in attempting to get 21:9 working above 60Hz.

As for a TV up close....
Surely loads of people have been using 1080p HD TVs for PC/Console gaming, so a higher resolution 4K TV display with higher PPI is not going to look any worse than what they are (in many cases) replacing?

I hope these are valid points....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Has anyone had any dealings with this retailer?

I’m after a set of Heusinkveld Sprints. I was initially going to buy the two pedal set direct from Heusinkveld, but I see this site is selling the three pedal set for the same price as the two as part of their Black Friday promotions.

TrustPilot reviews seem very positive, but it’s always good to get more feedback.

Upvote 0
Has anyone had any dealings with this retailer?

I’m after a set of Heusinkveld Sprints. I was initially going to buy the two pedal set direct from Heusinkveld, but I see this site is selling the three pedal set for the same price as the two as part of their Black Friday promotions.

TrustPilot reviews seem very positive, but it’s always good to get more feedback.

I was also wondering about them. They have Simucube 2 listed for a 5% sale but I do not see them listed as a location to buy on the Gravity Devices website.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea