Best pp filters?

I'm curious what combination of weather and pp filters you guys found giving the best looking results?

After the update I'm able to run higher settings so I thought I'd take advantage of it.

So far the Carmen mod looks good to me but it's a a little dark and either too warm or too cold. Also gives me some weird reflection effects that looks blurry.

Interesting to hear your thoughts, perhaps with some screenshots :)

Nice ones, Lily! I really like the white balance you reached. It' looks natural. I would prefer a tad lower saturation but thats just my personal taste, I'm the same with my art and photography, I basically shoot almost all black and white. =) The snow picture looks almost photographic.
Generally I notice in colored art, painted and computed generated where colors are choosen and not sampled, people tend to make the greens (grass and foilage) really green, when actually if you sample an actual white balanced photo there is much more yellow in it than pure green. It would be so awesome if we could have like a channel based curve editor like in photoshop to target specific colors buth hue and saturation wise.

Radu Oros, Thanks. I didnt plan on it but I guess I could although I'm still not quite happy with it. Cant decide really on how to progress from now. I will have another look at it in a couple of days when I have some free time.

ha ha you're right, it's just a bit too much oversaturated I think. I'll work a bit more on these filters later.

It's funny my snow filter is so nice, cos it was an accident, really.
I think I copied/paste the "glare" settings from another file and it looked very nice then. lol
(I like to experiment lol)

Oh and you're right about targeting specific colors.
I've been frustrated because of this, cos when I reach a nice grass color, then I realize the sky isn't realistic anymore. (too green/yellow whatever... ) lol

Yep and if you want warm sunlight against bluer shadows I believe the sun light is simulated quite realistically, that it is a harscher contrast making light than the shadows which are softer. The problem is that the contrast boost from the sun isnt compensated by a slight saturation decrease, which is a biproduct of how an s-curve forces the colors more saturated (which isnt natural in how light works). So the road looks quite well but the too-green-ish effect of foilage and trees are increased as well.

I quite liked your cyan sky actually. Like a california sunset some call it =)

Another update. Quite different. It's difficult to get pleasing contrast without making it hard to see in shadow areas. It's more natural now but still has the color contrast I looked for. I would really like to be able to selectively desaturate those aweful greens though, and be able to keep more of the other colors.

tHDcc5F.jpg

1GwbzhF.jpg

7bzquWd.jpg

fXJgApK.jpg

m0y2OH4.jpg

hwCZ4fd.jpg

Kaz3hJU.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.