Cars Beginner questions - duplicating a car

I want to make few mods for personal use (for now) so I need a bit of guidance. I'll start with simple questions

1. I want to tinker with my own car, so the way I would like to go about it is to copy an existing car and rename it and then edit things I want to edit. How would I do that? (to clarify, as an example, how do I duplicate 911 Turbo and have that appear under 999 Turbo).

Off topic question - are there people who would take orders or perhaps be willing to help creating a car from scratch?

I want to make few mods for personal use (for now) so I need a bit of guidance. I'll start with simple questions

1. I want to tinker with my own car, so the way I would like to go about it is to copy an existing car and rename it and then edit things I want to edit. How would I do that? (to clarify, as an example, how do I duplicate 911 Turbo and have that appear under 999 Turbo).

Off topic question - are there people who would take orders or perhaps be willing to help creating a car from scratch?
There is the car tuner here on RD http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/assetto-corsa-car-tuner.13946/

Double that for a car with full physics implementation...$1000-$3000.

I find it hard to believe you could commission someone to do a model for that little, to be honest (your original $500-1500 range). A3DR will spend two weeks modelling a car, and he's by far the fastest on these forums as far as I've seen. Even if we call it half time, that's about 40 hours for a fully modelled LOD A. At your high end of $1500 that's only $37.50/hour for 40 hours.

I've never met a freelancer in the western world who works for anywhere near that little.

I find it hard to believe you could commission someone to do a model for that little, to be honest (your original $500-1500 range). A3DR will spend two weeks modelling a car, and he's by far the fastest on these forums as far as I've seen. Even if we call it half time, that's about 40 hours for a fully modelled LOD A. At your high end of $1500 that's only $37.50/hour for 40 hours.

I've never met a freelancer in the western world who works for anywhere near that little.
Price it any higher and you lose customers...people (even well-funded racing teams) are very infrequently willing to pay what a "fair" price would be. Ideally it'd be double what my quote is, but realistically the funds just aren't there for what many consider an unnecessary purchase (of something intangible). It doesn't help when you have people who pretend to know what they're doing offering services for much cheaper (e.g. RTM or whatever it's called).

When manufacturers are involved it's different, but for private customers, you don't want to price yourself out of the market.

I'm peeking in 3DSimED to figure it out, looking at 911 Cup car the banner is separated from windshield object - as you can see in the pic.
HXRtjLN.png

On regular 911 there's GEO_Windows as well...so I presume I should stick this _8 to regular 911 kn5 file? Any idea how to do that :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.