F1 2010 Beating your rival + contracts

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi, I have a few questions here.
Im in season 3 and its the first time where apparently I might beat my rival. Now, how exactly does this work?

Do I have to take a risk and not sign up any contracts until after Abu Dhabi and see if I have more points than my rival?
And if I don't, then I will be stuck with the entry teams? (since anyone who would've offered me a contract would've have retracted it by Abu Dhabi)
What happens if I sign a contract offer, and I have more points than my rival by the end?
Is it possible that even after I beat my rival I might not be offered a contract?

Thanks

Hi, I have a few questions here.
Im in season 3 and its the first time where apparently I might beat my rival. Now, how exactly does this work?

Do I have to take a risk and not sign up any contracts until after Abu Dhabi and see if I have more points than my rival?
And if I don't, then I will be stuck with the entry teams? (since anyone who would've offered me a contract would've have retracted it by Abu Dhabi)
What happens if I sign a contract offer, and I have more points than my rival by the end?
Is it possible that even after I beat my rival I might not be offered a contract?

Thanks

If you beat your rival you will be offered a contract, even if you don't beat him you'll be offered a contract by someone else anyway by the end of the season.

Remember that you will lose your seat after 1 season with the new team if you got there by beating your rival unless your rep points achieve the teams level also.
The rival system was implemented to reduce frustration ppl felt by taking too long to to get offers by top teams.

You can win it before Abu Dhabi if its mathematically impossible for them to beat you. But if not then yes you do need to take the risk if the battle goes down to Abu Dhabi. If you don't beat them then you will get offers from Lotus, Virgin and HRT as No.2 drivers effectively restarting your career again. If you sign a contract before beating your rival then your rival's team will not offer you a place and no, if you haven't accepted a contract to another team beforehand then you will get the contract if you beat your rival.

You can win it before Abu Dhabi if its mathematically impossible for them to beat you. But if not then yes you do need to take the risk if the battle goes down to Abu Dhabi. If you don't beat them then you will get offers from Lotus, Virgin and HRT as No.2 drivers effectively restarting your career again. If you sign a contract before beating your rival then your rival's team will not offer you a place and no, if you haven't accepted a contract to another team beforehand then you will get the contract if you beat your rival.

Cheers mate. Just as I thought. Well, I will see how it goes. I think teams retract the contract if you dont accept them after Brazil race (usually anyway), so I guess I should make my mind before Brazil race.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.