Beamng Sudden Popularity

That's not the issue and sorry, my fuse is short today. If you were posting with context and in relation to the thread that's fine. The posts previously though are more like blog posts that come across as hijacking the thread rather than contributing to an actual discussion.

I have no I'll will against you but get it if you don't like me
All good, no ill will....moving on

For me, beamng is excellent in that it is very close to the possibility of having all motorsport disciplines in one game, and it also has a track editor :)

For me, beamng is excellent in that it is very close to the possibility of having all motorsport disciplines in one game, and it also has a track editor :)
As the saying goes though, Jack of all trades, master of none.

I'm not saying BeamNG is doing everything poorly but if it's focus is everywhere, it can't be amazing at it all. There would still have to be one major area it accels at. From what I've seen the AI is a bit smarter (I can only otherwise compare to AC) and obviously damage, though I think it is a little too doughy (everything wrecks the car).

As the game is fairly old at this point, though still has plenty to offer, I think BeamNG 2 would make a fantastic successor.

I'm mainly interested in physics, so if it's true that beamng has one of the best physics models (unfortunately, I don't have Ridic law, so I don't have a comparison), then it's basically enough for me, even taking into account all the shortcomings.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.