Banned from AC forums, anyone have experienced this?

< Mod Edit: Please be advised that it is in breach of RD ToS to use insulting or derogatory terms. Post cleaned.>

Hello all, i'm banned from AC forum for more than one month now. As an active member since the beggining and with more than 1000 messages i feel shocked with that kind of attitude from them. <snip>

Has this happened to anyone? I agree maybe that they should permanently ban you if you were kind of disrespectful or insult anyone, which was not the case. I got banned until now just because people were asking on forum for MP improvements (more than acceptable) and all i've done was quote a message <snip> and used a funny ironic image related to what he was saying THAT WAS CLEARLY A LIE!! From that moment on, as it was admitted by Lord Kunos himself, he went on a ban strike and several people were banned... until now.

Well, maybe i would accept a week suspension because now i know AC forums staff can't accept critics anymore (they're rich now) and became a dictatorial regime that can only be populated by fanboys or "yes" sheeps...

The image was this...

Ray Liotta Laughing In Goodfellas.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's set this one straight shall we? You need to start making the distinction because I've seen you repeat this phrase about 20 times and it's not entirely correct. I know you love to mention it in your blog because it simply adds to the pot of negativity and gets more people to flood the comments with how "AC HAS ZERO SIMULATION VALUE" and all that rubbish, but if you care even the tiniest bit about truthful reporting, then you'd at least mention that your statement is only half of the story.

If the server is in booking mode, then yes, you absolutely can choose the colour of your car, and you can choose whichever car you like irrespective of how many cars are on the server.

If the server is in pickup mode, then there are a pre-determined number of each car on the server and each one has a set skin. So in this instance, yes you are correct that you cannot choose your skin. You can only choose your skin if you are added to the servers entry list prior to the server being booted. Which I agree is not a great aspect. Personally I am not a fan of pick up mode.

A simple message to the event organizer here on RD and we'll have you pre-booked in the car and skin that you would like to use with no trouble at all :) If you're racing on a public server, well then there's usually nothing you can do about that.

This is not acceptable when in 2003 if I played Project Gotham Racing 2 I could pick my paint and car as I saw fit (so long as it was the class the host picked) If 5 of us wanted the Ferrari Enzo 5 of us got the Ferrari Enzo.

Blaming the community for wanting pick up races instead of booking mode, then making pick up servers have less features than games 12 + years old is just madness. Think about this logically for like 15 seconds. Why should one server mode have less features than the other? Couple this with $20 worth of DLC in 2.5 months, along with some of the content bearing the same #s as other cars I just don't even know what to say anymore.

If this was EA/Turn10/SMS/Sony asking for $20 of DLC in 2.5 moths I can bet half the members of this thread would be having a canary.

• Deleted member 197115

Kunos will need to hire extra mods when the console version releases. If they think the PC Sim racing community is "toxic", wait till they experience a large majority of the console community
Gosh, after seeing what happens on PCars board, I hope they lock them down into own subforum.

It's been thrown around plenty of times here and other places- it's the community's fault for not wanting booking mode. So you have pickup mode and deal with it.
I run booking mode for all AU events (with the exception of this week's event which is a simple track day session thus not requiring booking), and have done so every week ever since AC's Multiplayer was released.

Well, since everyone banned from AC forums has migrated here, I'll share my short story of getting banned months ago.

AC Forum:
Reason 1 = trolling :(which I wasn't, Aris has a noreason vendetta against me and threw a ban on me)
Reason 2 (btw I wasn't even unbanned between those 2 bans) = personal hate :(Stefano banned me for no reason after he banned me on his YouTube channel mid-stream for asking a simple question, when is the rain coming?)

Its not that I had anything against them back then, Stefano just hated me like full throttle and Aris jumped in on it (I have nothing against Marco because he hasn't bursted that hate bubble).
They even called me immature, can you believe that? xD
Stefano is probably the most immature developer ever.

Regarding the Forum moderating thread by Aris, that's just a bunch of BS, nothing more to add, he doesn't even know what the word "trolling" means.

A community of 'serious simracers' that value the color of their car over the actual driving experience...:roflmao:
Where has that been said anywhere Michael? We're just talking about basic features and functions that should ideally be present in a sim in 2015.

Don't get me wrong, I love Assetto Corsa. It's provided me with more enjoyment and hours played than any other game I've ever owned, but there's no harm in pointing out that the game has flaws. I hope they can be addressed, but in the mean time we make the best with what we've got.

Well, since everyone banned from AC forums has migrated here, I'll share my short story of getting banned months ago.

AC Forum:
Reason 1 = trolling :(which I wasn't, Aris has a noreason vendetta against me and threw a ban on me)
Reason 2 (btw I wasn't even unbanned between those 2 bans) = personal hate :(Stefano banned me for no reason after he banned me on his YouTube channel mid-stream for asking a simple question, when is the rain coming?)

Its not that I had anything against them back then, Stefano just hated me like full throttle and Aris jumped in on it (I have nothing against Marco because he hasn't bursted that hate bubble).
They even called me immature, can you believe that? xD
Stefano is probably the most immature developer ever.

Regarding the Forum moderating thread by Aris, that's just a bunch of BS, nothing more to add, he doesn't even know what the word "trolling" means.
Was your AC forum name "Blame" by any chance?
If it was then I have to laugh very hard at your comments about being 'blameless'.
Either way, you've only made 3 posts on this forum and the first one saw you suspended:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/acfl-f1-2015-deleted.105362/#post-1998966

So we agree
We agree that AC is lacking some fundamental MP features yes. However I disagree that the community is to blame for the Pick Up Mode that doesn't allow you to choose your skin unless you've been pre-booked on the entry list of the server.

The community asked for a quicker way to get into a server rather than having to wait for the booking time, that's all, and so Kunos implemented the pick up mode. The community didn't ask for a quicker method that also restricted the car or skin choice. Why would anyone in the their right mind request a feature that is clearly worse than booking mode?

I am not saying the community is to blame, I am saying that some here and in other places (not you) have said it is the fualt of the community for wanting quick join servers. And we got what we deserved becuase nobody wanted to book. That is the attitude the apologists are taking.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.