Banned from AC forums, anyone have experienced this?

< Mod Edit: Please be advised that it is in breach of RD ToS to use insulting or derogatory terms. Post cleaned.>

Hello all, i'm banned from AC forum for more than one month now. As an active member since the beggining and with more than 1000 messages i feel shocked with that kind of attitude from them. <snip>

Has this happened to anyone? I agree maybe that they should permanently ban you if you were kind of disrespectful or insult anyone, which was not the case. I got banned until now just because people were asking on forum for MP improvements (more than acceptable) and all i've done was quote a message <snip> and used a funny ironic image related to what he was saying THAT WAS CLEARLY A LIE!! From that moment on, as it was admitted by Lord Kunos himself, he went on a ban strike and several people were banned... until now.

Well, maybe i would accept a week suspension because now i know AC forums staff can't accept critics anymore (they're rich now) and became a dictatorial regime that can only be populated by fanboys or "yes" sheeps...

The image was this...

Ray Liotta Laughing In Goodfellas.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So the next Battlefield doesn't need to have guns that shoot just because 10 years ago Battlefield 1942 had them.

I understand completely.

Thanks for proving my point from the other day. Badly missing features in a racing game, no time table for AC1 to get them. But lets revise the tire 15 more times even though we all could agree we were pretty happy with the way it was after 1.0....

I think you're being a bit nonsensical here. While choosing a livery for a sim racing game is ideal, it doesn't impede on the goal of the game as much as you're making it out to be.

In all honesty, do you really prefer they implement a fix for your problem with choosing a car's color over focusing on optimizing the tire physics as much as possible? If so, I'm not sure many sim racers would agree with your point of view.

Is any current sim ever going to be "feature complete"? no. neither will any next-gen one. Or the one after that. The list of possible features for sims is infinitely long, and whatever they add, people will find something else to ask for. "if you enter a pickup mode server without prebooking you don't get to choose your skin" is absolutely not on my list of 'essential racing sim features'. "is the tire model accurate" is.

The tire model is being changed in response to bug reports. If you don't like it, stop telling them things are wrong with it....

Because I think they didn't develop the game by looking what other games did 10-15 years ago. So is 'useless' to say those game had feature x, y, z, and they should be mandatory to have 15 years later. This game in specific wasn't developed by picking up what other games did in the past. Even though we can see several similar features and aspects we can find in previous games.

Hey, remember in 1987 when Metallica just straight up left out the bass track on the entire ...And Justice for All album, and fanboys were like "oh, just because Master of Puppets had a bass track, doesn't mean this album should!"

Oh wait, nobody said that. It's still being laughed at 25 years later.

http://loudwire.com/sound-mixer-metallica-and-justice-for-all-blames-lars-ulrich-thin-bass-sound/

"is the tire model accurate" is.

The tire model is being changed in response to bug reports. If you don't like it, stop telling them things are wrong with it....

'Cause they know it's wrong or 'cause they think it's good?
Problem is that after the changes they made the tire model feels 'wronger'...

Fine but then don't use this kind of propaganda when you can't be ahead of something made 10 years ago, if they use it don't complain when people point out.
They why didn't more people stay with 10-15yo sims instead of buying and playing these newer sims? I don't see you going back to those games for your daily play.

When did Kunos promise AC is going to be better or more feature complete than some past and present sims? Next-Gen means directx11. Next-gen doesn't mean sim racing features. When did they promise you AC is going to have the same features as iracing, rf2, pcars, and certain sims/games from the past?

When did Kunos promise AC is going to be better or more feature complete than some past and present sims? Next-Gen means directx11.
When you hear next-gen, you'd expect the stuff from previous gen + new features that weren't in the last generation, that's kind of what the next-gen should stand for, not just graphics and physics -basic features.

When you hear next-gen, you'd expect the stuff from previous gen + new features that weren't in the last generation, that's kind of what the next-gen should stand for, not just graphics and physics -basic features.
Maybe a next game in AC series can follow another guideline. But this one wasn't planned and maybe doesn't support that easily features you see in past games and such.

It sounds to me, and please correct me if I'm wrong, that it all comes down to people misinterpreting a simple slogan they chose for their game and running with it as though that's excuse enough as to why you should get your way.

As I said before, this is a poor argument, simply because a basic slogan can be interpreted in several ways and just because you think it equates to what you think it equates to doesn't mean the developers think the same way.

At this point you're nitpicking to prove your point even though there's plenty of evidence to support it without being so overly critical to the point of it making you look petty.

Some of the arguments you guys present does nothing but show your pettiness to trash talk the game which is ironic because if you weren't so desperate to do so your arguments wouldn't be read as being so biased. There are plenty of valid reasons to discuss the problems in this game, but resorting to what you have been arguing is kinda sad.

They why didn't more people stay with 10-15yo sims instead of buying and playing these newer sims? I don't see you going back to those games for your daily play.

When did Kunos promise AC is going to be better or more feature complete than some past and present sims? Next-Gen means directx11. Next-gen doesn't mean sim racing features. When did they promise you AC is going to have the same features as iracing, rf2, pcars, and certain sims/games from the past?
Literaly just wow, holy moly
RSNJLxC.png

'Cause they know it's wrong or 'cause they think it's good?
Problem is that after the changes they made the tire model feels 'wronger'...
Well I'm glad you got banned from the official forums since you obviously have terrible sense for what's realistic then... don't want your bogus "it feels wrong" reports clogging up the system when people with actual issues like "I can't pick my paint when I select the mode where you can't pick the paint" need to have their voices heard :rolleyes:

When you hear next-gen, you'd expect the stuff from previous gen + new features that weren't in the last generation....
No you don't.
You expect them to deliver specifically what they said they would deliver, and they've done that + more.
It's always been on their website what you would get for your money. If you choose to read more into it than was planned then that really is your problem, not theirs.
Someone actually suggested that KS should have listed all of the things that the game doesn't have. Have you any idea how absurd that sounds?

The only thing they've retracted since EA is VR support and their reasoning for that is quite understandable i.e. they don't have the time to chase developing hardware whilst they're still developing their own software.

When GTA V was released I expected native wheel support. I didn't take the time to read their website, I just bought the game with the expectation that I could use my wheel when driving cars. When I realized I couldn't I didn't go to their website and spam every thread telling the devs how ridiculous the decision not to include wheel support was. Lesson learned... buyer beware, which applies to any software.

KS will implement a lot more features in time, but it won't be because they've been bullied by the community, it will be because they've listen to constructive reasoning, something which some people seem unable to comprehend.

You never explained which false advertising, but please show something more objective, and not what you expected of the game, versus what you got and what they promised.
It doesn't matter "which" advertising was false, its about the fact that they even falsely advertised the game at all.

If I would've known that the game had no multiple light sources or night time racing, I would've never bought it and probably said NO to sim-racing at all.
The fact that atleast 2 developers have said "waste of developer time" is just ridiculous, adding basic features is not a waste of time, its an improvement to the game that the devs don't want - quantity over quality is what it soon is.

And because I already own the game, I'm stuck with it, so you can't shoo me or the facts away.

It doesn't matter "which" advertising was false, its about the fact that they even falsely advertised the game at all.

If I would've known that the game had no multiple light sources or night time racing, I would've never bought it and probably said NO to sim-racing at all.
The fact that atleast 2 developers have said "waste of developer time" is just ridiculous, adding basic features is not a waste of time, its an improvement to the game that the devs don't want - quantity over quality is what it soon is.

And because I already own the game, I'm stuck with it, so you can't shoo me or the facts away.
Oh yea I can shoo you and the "facts" as well. (this sentence was said with a calm tone). So far all you've demonstrated is that you wanted Peter Pan land but instead you got Plant Earth as it was advertised. inb4 they sue AC for not laserscanning Plant Earth.

Well I'm glad you got banned from the official forums since you obviously have terrible sense for what's realistic then... don't want your bogus "it feels wrong" reports clogging up the system when people with actual issues like "I can't pick my paint when I select the mode where you can't pick the paint" need to have their voices heard :rolleyes:
??
After 11 years in development and testing of dynamic models and active safety systems for automotive I have quite an idea of what's realistic... ;)

Still surprising that they have not added 1st gear before start/clutch starts to this game at the late development stage. It's fundamental, totally didn't expect it to be missing and it's a huge deal really.
Not sure if it was ever promised to be part of the game though, they obviously have a major problem with it.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 28 19.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 17.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 8 5.6%