PC1 Banned for no reason!

Considering it's about one of SMS projects probably not that much will change from their point of view :ninja:
It was meant as an ironic comment.:)
I was trying to show that what is regarded as one of the fiercest forum rivalries between games (PES & FIFA being another) have hardly plumbed the depths that some of these posts have.

Why dosen't my title read "VirtualR" then? I'd be fine with that... but you chose to give me a title that has nothing to do with what I came here for...when I first posted in this topic I didn't speak in behalf of SMS at all.

Are you serious?

When you started posting on this topic your title said "Virtual R" and your avatar was from Virtual R, and you were complaining.

This is ridiculous, good that I have a lot of witnesses.

Are you serious?

When you started posting on this topic your title said "Virtual R" and your avatar was from Virtual R, and you were complaining.

This is ridiculous, good that I have a lot of witnesses.

Xose, he's not used to anyone questioning him. He usually presses the ban button by now.
Give him some leeway. ;)

I know Micas quite well from our private senior manager section of our forum. He's a passionate supporter of pCARS and a really decent guy in his general behaviour there. I won't speak for him but my opinion is he gets frustrated (as I have) reading a constant stream of lies about WMD/SMS/Everything we do mainly posted on here.

I agree his tone can get out of hand at times and he acknowledges that himself. I'm not his daddy though and I don't tell him what to do. He speaks for SMS in his personal capacity as a very large investor in the project, one of around 7 now. There are some (maybe one) that have invested more than him though.

Honestly, if you knew more about him, his lifestyle and personality you wouldn't see him in such a bad light.

I do think there might be a tendency among some members here to be blinkered as to the sheer extent of the hate and abuse that is allowed to stay posted here against us. I think that's perfectly natural tendency but I do think it exists.

I think that since there are legal proceedings advancing and such, I really should just stop posting here now. I do want to clear the air about a few things, and offer some observations for consideration. Much of what has been said recently has to do with me, and I don't think any of this has anything to do with me. I'm nothing more than just another member of WMD, which is the case for all members regardless of how much money they've invested.

Ian is correct, but also slightly off the mark. I am a quite definitely a passionate supporter of pCARS and WMD. I've explained my motivations a few times, but I've been a fan of SMS' work for a number of years, and I thought the opportunity to get involved was too exciting (for a number of reasons) to not take advantage of it. I wired SMS a large amount of money before I had even seen a build of pCARS. It wasn't so much the state of the game at the time interested me, but rather just being involved in the project. If you happen to be a fan of sim racing, and games in general, being able to do this is just out-right remarkable. Nobody has ever done it before. So yes, I'm totally behind Ian and SMS, and yes, I'm a complete fanboi, or whatever word you want to use - because I think they deserve that loyalty. They are actually doing what many of us had hoped would happen for a long time, and they've put a very large amount of their own money into it.

It is apparent that I've become a lightning rod of sorts because I do find it rather entertaining to get involved in scraps, but I am never the instigator. It's odd to me that I keep getting referenced when I have nothing to do with Ian's decisions.

For a bit of perspective, there has been all sorts of things said about me, my motivations, and endless conspiracy theories that are just absurd. I did not inherit anything, and I've had to work incredibly hard to have the money to invest with SMS. When I see a group of people who appear to have no other motivation in life than to destroy what we are trying to build, then I consider that as an affront to all the work I put into it. I consider it exactly the same is if somebody came to my house to break things. I wouldn't let them do that.

Of course, internet forums are not quite as serious as someone breaking into the house, but the analogy is apt. There seems to be a difference of opinion as to whether people are simply voicing 'opinions' or a causing actual damages, and I'll leave that to the lawyers, but I'm really not the sort of person that takes those things lightly. Maybe if I had only bought a team member toolpack, I wouldn't get as uptight about it, but I have put a tremendous amount of my labor into pCARS via the money I've invested. It seems to me that it's easy to throw stones at something that you haven't worked for, but I worked my ass off to be able to get as involved with pCARS as I am. It's not in my personality to ignore what has been going on here.

I have, on occasion, tried several different approaches, from humor (yes, the pimp hand thing is humorous and only David seems to get that), to polite and calm (the modding post yesterday for which somebody told me to F*** off), to very angry and annoyed. But I have something none of the detractors here have, and that is a risk. I have a risk that all the work I did to be able to back SMS fails completely (and I'm sure a number of you would love that), and none of you are risking a damn thing. All you can do is tear down.

So ya, I'm opinionated, and I'm rough around the edges to some people, but if you're with me and building something, I will save your ass regardless of what kind of situation you find yourself. That's just my philosophy on life.

As Ian pointed out, my tone can get a bit out of hand at times, but it is always, always, in reaction to what somebody else is saying. I'm not going to apologize for that, and I'm not going to change the way I do things. I'm not the sort that allows somebody to destroy my house and then ask them if they'd like some tea. pCARS has become an extension of my house because I own a piece of it. I simply don't care about anyone's opinion if my posting on a couple of internet forums is constructive or not. I don't know how many different ways I can say that I don't care if people think I'm bad 'publicity' for pCARS. Your opinion on that just does not matter to me.

I see this as a black and white situation. If you're at WMD and you're helping build the game, even if you're pointing out it's deficiencies, then you're on my team. If you're just someone with an axe to grind and have nothing to contribute but venom, then I'm not going to be a very pleasant person to meet, as some have noticed.

So, I'm sure there will be some theories that Ian has told me to shut up because of the legal proceedings and so on. I'm sure that Andy Jackson can come up with some new conspiracy theory if he tries to be a bit more creative, but there are none. What you see is what you get. Ian has never told me to do, or not do, anything. Nobody is telling me to stop posting because of pending litigation. It just seems to be getting into the realm of cyber-stalking the way that I've become the raison d'être for all the angst in this forum. I'm sure that if I'm not the rallying cry of the disenfranchised, then something or someone else will take my place.

I am not your issue. If I am, you should probably expand your outlook a bit. And with that, I'm out. Feel free to speculate. I know it's fun.

I think it's time we give up here chaps. In short, the user asked to leave, said goodbye and we removed and refunded him.

So I take it from you then: If I ask to leave you will remove and REFUND me? Is that correct?

I've been a member since day 1 but after reading all this nonsense here I really don't feel like supporting your little project anymore.

I wired SMS a large amount of money before I had even seen a build of pCARS.
We know already. :rolleyes:

It is apparent that I've become a lightning rod of sorts because I do find it rather entertaining to get involved in scraps, but I am never the instigator.
Of course not. You are so innocent.:rolleyes:

I've had to work incredibly hard to have the money to invest with SMS.
Yeah yeah, we heard that already.:rolleyes:

I wouldn't get as uptight about it, but I have put a tremendous amount of my labor into pCARS via the money I've invested.
Yeah, we heard it again.:rolleyes:

Your opinion on that just does not matter to me.
Likewise nor does yours to us. ;)

I see this as a black and white situation. If you're at WMD and you're helping build the game, even if you're pointing out it's deficiencies, then you're on my team.
I'll help you then. Am I on your team? But why can't we point them out here? :)

I'm sure that Andy Jackson can come up with some new conspiracy theory if he tries to be a bit more creative, but there are none.
Conspiracy theories. :roflmao: You yanks and your 911's. :rolleyes:

I am not your issue. If I am, you should probably expand your outlook a bit. And with that, I'm out. Feel free to speculate. I know it's fun.

Thank god for that. Finished? :sleep::sleep:

After your threats of legal action to this site and individuals, you have got a nerve. I am supprised you are still here. All the best though Micas. No hard feelings and I'll see you at WMD where you can point me in the right direction, my lovely team mate. I am going to evaluate it myself for a while courtesy of Ian and hopefully help to steer the game how I want it and that includes some form of modding. Bye.:cry:

I never stated that anyone was taking actions against the community. Thats something you made up all by yourself. I think it is you who are trying to play games with people.
See your post there: #1508 You know exactly what you said. I didn't make it up. It is as you see it. Now which individuals do you see in this community that might be under legal threat?
Banned for no reason!

No, he got removed, not banned, because he wanted out. He clearly stated he had no interrest in the product or to contribute anymore. His own choice in my book. Really don't see the problem.
Just that he didn't choose to get removed. Would that post be enough reason for you to remove someone from accessing the forum and/or build?

Really don't see the problem.
For some all of these events obviously are a problem. It's not just about one stupid game or company. If it were, as you said, it may not be a problem.

I have, on occasion, tried several different approaches, from humor (yes, the pimp hand thing is humorous and only David seems to get that), to polite and calm (the modding post yesterday for which somebody told me to F*** off), to very angry and annoyed. But I have something none of the detractors here have, and that is a risk. I have a risk that all the work I did to be able to back SMS fails completely (and I'm sure a number of you would love that), and none of you are risking a damn thing.
You made yourself clear that it's just about money for you numerous times, so you're point of view is quite clear. There's no financial risk for most people. Doesn't mean at all they just take the situation lightly as you're trying to imply.

All you can do is tear down.
You can't be serious. You don't know anyone from the community.

Again .. I think you make up words not written after you are done reading stuff. That seams like it could get a bit confusing for you!

Seriously? I stated that they shouldn't threaten the community with threats and you stated you think it's certain individuals. Which individuals? Simple question.

Just that he didn't choose to get removed. Would that post be enough reason for you to remove someone from accessing the forum and/or build?

Let's say it like this.. If anyone at work was constantly and openly negative, even after some warnings about it, came into the office and said something like that. I would not think a second about if it were wrong or right to let him go as it's clear he don't want to be there.

For some all of these events obviously are a problem. It's not about one stupid game or company. If it were, as you said, it may not be a problem.

I seriously wonder what the underlying problem is. I doubt it has anything at all to do with Sim racing.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.