Automobilista: Build 1.3.5 Released

Chris

Premium
125cc Kart.jpg
Reiza Studios have released version 1.3.5 of Automobilista to the public today; a build that brings a wide variety of bug fixes and optimisations to the game.

Included in the update are changes such as the ability to automatically disable the mid-race full course caution period for tracks that do not feature a Safety Car (such as the historic versions), relaxed some of the track limits violations, adjusted fuel consumption and calculations for various cars, along with the new and improved SweetFX profiles to make it look extra tasty!

You can read the full changelog below:
  • Added feature to automatically export setups from player´s fastest lap in Time Trial Mode - other users can then fetch this setup by clicking the time on the timing stands and clicking the button to download it
  • Refactored SweetFX profiles & split them into categories, including new default
  • Fixed Config tool bug that would allow native anti-aliasing setting to remain on even when SweetFX is enabled (user should set AA via graphics card control panel when a SFX preset enabled)
  • Added function to automatically disable mid-race full course yellow in tracks that don´t have a Safety Car (such as historical tracks)
  • Fixed bug that would limit opponents to a single car in championship mode irrespective of the actual setting if "randomize" function was on
  • Added UI tooltip to all screens (WIP, not all options have tips and it´s not localized)
  • Added UI option to switch off big screen movies (may help some users´ stuttering issues)
  • Vehicle configuration & install buttons are now hidden when car does not feature configuration options
  • Slightly relaxed track violation detection (except for Time Trial mode)
  • Added volume multiplier to swingman cameras in all cars
  • Adjusted fuel consumption / estimates in various cars
  • Fixed dark mirrors in shadows in some Caterham models, Metalmoro, F309, Ultima GTR Race
  • Adjusted AI corner reduction base for all cars
  • Changed TimedRaceNonLeaderLaps value from 1 to 2 for all series (should address some inconsistencies as to when checkered flag is displayed at the end of timed races)
  • Reduced AI minimum passes per tick (fixing issue that could cause AI to bounce when running over sawtooth curbs)
  • Adjusted Min / Mid / Max AI performance range for several tracks
  • Adjusted default engine rev limit in F-V10, F-Reiza, added F-V12 adjustable rev limit range for a safer default setup on these cars to help prevent engine failures
  • Corrected error from previous build adjusting downshift protection for modern formula cars (increasing rather than decreasing to avoid overreving)
  • Sta Cruz: Improved AI line through chicane
  • F-Truck: Improved diesel smoke logic
  • ARC Camaro: Rim LODs distance correction; Fixed tires UV mapping; Tire now is skinnable; Adjusted engine heating equations
  • SuperV8: Further adjusted AI performance
  • Marcas: Slightly adjusted tire load stiffness & center of gravity height; Adjusted AI weight distribution for better stability & callibrated AI performance; Reduced default rear anti-roll bar stiffness
  • Montana: Minor tire model adjustments; Adjusted chassis yaw inertia (should improve handling over curbs)
  • Mini: Minor tire model adjustments; Adjusted AI weight distribution for better stability
  • Lancer: Minor tire model adjustments; Adjusted AI weight distribution for better stability
  • Ultima: Adjusted weight distribution in all models; Adjusted race tire grip on race tires and load sensitivity on road models; Adjusted engine heating equations
  • Supertruck: Slightly increased tire grip
  • Metalmoro MR18: Reduced default tire pressures; calibrated AI
  • F-Vintage: Adjusted default diff setup; Slightly reduced tires LOD A for better performance; calibrated AI; Corrected right rear wheel LOD error in HIGH detal setting
  • Boxer: Fixed bug with brake lights causing performance loss when clsoe to another car

Tried the new build yet? What are you impressions? Don't forget you can check out our Automobilista Club Races for some of the most fun and friendly racing you'll ever experience!

Just did 30 laps at Suzuka with the Metalboro R18. I have a certain setup that is very fast in the first ten laps and while the car gets lighter, tyres become more worn, the car start to behave unpredictable during the exit of some corners. The manner in which the car behaviour feels different due to fuel burn and tire wear is so bloody good...i love it. The first ten laps are easy but i find it incredible difficult to adapt to the situation when the cars starts to behave different. During the race it seems i have to learn the car from scratch. The brake points differ, the car is reacting differently over bumps (and the Reiza tracks are full with bumps..I LOVE IT) and THAT ladies and gentlemen is (**fanboy allert**) WHY I LOOOOOVE AMS.

I see that a lot of players are having engine failures, but to be honest I dont even recall the last time that happen to me... During donwshifts the rpm can go much higher than the rev limiter, and alot of players do some crazy donwshifts in a "arcade" way. In real life with some cars with only one mistake, can make the engine blow. For example with the brasilian stock car's, they use the donwshifts to help braking faster, but is always in sensible way and with correct timing. I absolutly agree how a simulator should punish bad driving, because driving a car in the limit it should hard, not in the sense that a car should have no grip, because racing cars have lots of grip, is the sense that everthing needs to done in a "perfect" way, even to extract the best of a very slow car, it needs very good driving!

I didn't see/read anything about the performance with the Dynohud (or what ever its called) .. never can use this as it causes severe lag and pauses for me ..;-( my system in all regards has no issues with this game its only if I try to use that hud when it becomes un playable ;-( I like the info it gives but don't really need 90% of it .. it's the deference bar I want ! so you can see if your faster or slower ect....is there a way to only have that up ? this would solve my pauses ..

I see that a lot of players are having engine failures, but to be honest I dont even recall the last time that happen to me... During donwshifts the rpm can go much higher than the rev limiter, and alot of players do some crazy donwshifts in a "arcade" way. In real life with some cars with only one mistake, can make the engine blow. For example with the brasilian stock car's, they use the donwshifts to help braking faster, but is always in sensible way and with correct timing. I absolutly agree how a simulator should punish bad driving, because driving a car in the limit it should hard, not in the sense that a car should have no grip, because racing cars have lots of grip, is the sense that everthing needs to done in a "perfect" way, even to extract the best of a very slow car, it needs very good driving!

Agree. I keep thinking that there isn't any engine damage option turned on.

Brakes are for slowing the car, not down shifting. Agree that when you look at online videos of people driving, it's often enough to make you cringe. If you have a low powered car that you must keep revving high, as Paulo noted above, the drivers are experts at timing the down shifts to keep the engine in the right range without over-revving.

That being said, I will try the ARC this eve because there must be something out of whack with it! Unless Reiza hotfixes it before I get a chance ;)

Added feature to automatically export setups from player´s fastest lap in Time Trial Mode? What button? nothing new there.

Only driver times set after the update will give the option. You should be able to click a players name and if theres a setup available a box with 'fetch' will appear, click and it'll appear as a setup in your garge menu.

Was working in the beta, anyhow.

• Deleted member 205301

Forgive me, but, I drove Mitjet in real life, in 2011and 2013 (in france, mitjet is the "adaptation" of ARC, same engine GSXR1300, same traction, same weight, etc...), so I know how to do it ;) (that don't mean I know everything, just these cars, I know them perfectly..)
@++
EDIT : don't get me wrong, I don't try to have the last word, that's not the point, I'm surprised about the engine burning (just smoking, in fact) if I shortened the gears ratio..it don't occurs if I keep it "basic" (didn't try a long run, so maybe it occurs on longer run...)
So maybe that's a problem to fix, maybe Reiza should not allow us to shortened this ratio....
@++

Last edited by a moderator:
Have now, didn't realise Rob had posted the deletion info in the thread till I took a 2nd look, all good problem resolved, thanks anyway Reb.ellion:thumbsup:
I didn't see/read anything about the performance with the Dynohud (or what ever its called) .. never can use this as it causes severe lag and pauses for me ..;-( my system in all regards has no issues with this game its only if I try to use that hud when it becomes un playable ;-( I like the info it gives but don't really need 90% of it .. it's the deference bar I want ! so you can see if your faster or slower ect....is there a way to only have that up ? this would solve my pauses ..
Yes there is a way to alter dynhud:)
If you go into the AMS directory, then enter the "Plugins" folder, from there open the "Dynhud" folder, once there open the "editor" folder and click on "dynhud_editor", this will open a window with a picture of an open wheeler with some of dynhuds data widgets on screen. There are 3 overlays in dynhud we need to be on the original overlay, if you look to the top of the editor window it will show which overlay is open, eg:SteamLibrary\steamapps\commom\Automobilista\plugins\DynHud\config\overlays\Original\overlay.ini*

If this is not the case, click on "File" in the top left cnr, then click "open" this will open a selection box, at the top it will say which overlay is active, to change it click on the little folder image with the up arrow, this should display 3 folders, CleanHUD, Original & Telemetry, click on "Original" then click on the "overlay" file, then close the box.

You can activate the data info boxes on screen by left clicking on them, this will put a red border around the data box you wish to move to a different position or remove from view.
To move a box hold the left mouse button down while hovering over it, then just drag it where you want it, to remove a data box right click on it, this will open a drop down box at the bottom there is a command to "Remove selected Widget(Del)"

If you wish to add a widget left click on "Widgets" in the top left, this will display 2 options "CleanHud" & "Reizastudios" mousing over these will activate a pop out selection screen, mousing over those options will open other "widget pop outs", clicking on a widget pop out activates it and places it on screen.

Hope this isn't too confusing and helps, any issues PM me and I will do my best to assist ;)
Cheers

Damn, I didn't have a backup of a lot of my changes to the reelfeelplugin.ini, patch has overwritten that.
Why can't there be an ingame car specific multiplier for the MaxForceAtSteeringRack like most other sims have it?

Anyone using modded cars MUST keep a manual backup of their Realfeel.ini to avoid your problem. I figured that out after about the fourth time I lost mine in frustration. I thought maybe it was just early builds, but no, it gets erased every time :(

Anyone using modded cars MUST keep a manual backup of their Realfeel.ini to avoid your problem. I figured that out after about the fourth time I lost mine in frustration. I thought maybe it was just early builds, but no, it gets erased every time :(

I've got into the habit of saving a copy of Realfeel.ini elsewhere. When AMS updates, I copy just the mod entries from the back-up file to the new Realfeel.ini. This preserves my mod settings but also allows for any changes that Reiza makes to stock content.

And this is the right way everyone should do:thumbsup:
Nah, I need adjustments to the max FFB force on a lot of cars, not just the mod cars.
The Boxer is about 35% stronger and the Formula Classic is 10% weaker to feel good. Smoothing I also set lower on almost every car for me.

I love AMS and hate to give them crap, but those options should be in game and saved on a per-car basis. Seat position as well.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back