Auto Cam

Apps Auto Cam V1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
I certainly can't think of what other app would be switching drivers. Yours is the only one of its kind. I had a hunch that it wasn't properly reading from the .ini and I believe the log confirms that, but there is a value error I don't understand.

Code:
AutoCam: ServerName =
AutoCam: ServerIP =
AutoCam: ReadSettings from apps\python\AutoCam\AutoCam.ini
AutoCam: Loading skipDrivers for Tuesday
AutoCam: Skipping Esotic Streaming
AutoCam: Skipping Place Holder
['Traceback (most recent call last):\n', '  File "apps/python/AutoCam\\AutoCam.py", line 243, in ReadSettings\n    cam, usage, delay = strCamera.split("^")\n', 'ValueError: need more than 1 value to unpack\n']
AutoCam: AutoCam Unable to read apps\python\AutoCam\.ini
AutoCam: ReadCarCameras from apps\python\AutoCam\carCameras.ini
AutoCam: carName = ks_nissan_gtr_gt3, carCamCount = 6
AutoCam: Found ks_nissan_gtr_gt3 in apps\python\AutoCam\carCameras.ini
AutoCam: Reading Car Camera options for ks_nissan_gtr_gt3
AutoCam: carName = ks_lamborghini_huracan_gt3, carCamCount = 6
AutoCam: Found ks_lamborghini_huracan_gt3 in apps\python\AutoCam\carCameras.ini
AutoCam: Reading Car Camera options for ks_lamborghini_huracan_gt3
AutoCam: carName = ks_mclaren_650_gt3, carCamCount = 6
AutoCam: Found ks_mclaren_650_gt3 in apps\python\AutoCam\carCameras.ini
AutoCam: Reading Car Camera options for ks_mclaren_650_gt3
AutoCam: carName = ks_mercedes_amg_gt3, carCamCount = 6
AutoCam: Found ks_mercedes_amg_gt3 in apps\python\AutoCam\carCameras.ini
AutoCam: Reading Car Camera options for ks_mercedes_amg_gt3
AutoCam: carName = mclaren_mp412c_gt3, carCamCount = 6
AutoCam: Found mclaren_mp412c_gt3 in apps\python\AutoCam\carCameras.ini
AutoCam: Reading Car Camera options for mclaren_mp412c_gt3
AutoCam: carName = mercedes_sls_gt3, carCamCount = 6
AutoCam: Found mercedes_sls_gt3 in apps\python\AutoCam\carCameras.ini
AutoCam: Reading Car Camera options for mercedes_sls_gt3
AutoCam: carName = ks_mclaren_650_gt3, carCamCount = 6
AutoCam: Found ks_mclaren_650_gt3 in apps\python\AutoCam\carCameras.ini
AutoCam: Car ks_mclaren_650_gt3 already found in dicCars
AutoCam: carName = ks_lamborghini_huracan_gt3, carCamCount = 6
AutoCam: Found ks_lamborghini_huracan_gt3 in apps\python\AutoCam\carCameras.ini
AutoCam: Car ks_lamborghini_huracan_gt3 already found in dicCars
AutoCam: carName = ks_mercedes_amg_gt3, carCamCount = 6
AutoCam: Found ks_mercedes_amg_gt3 in apps\python\AutoCam\carCameras.ini
AutoCam: Car ks_mercedes_amg_gt3 already found in dicCars
AutoCam: Car ks_nissan_gtr_gt3 already found in dicCars
AutoCam: Car ks_nissan_gtr_gt3 already found in dicCars
AutoCam: carName = bmw_z4_gt3, carCamCount = 6
AutoCam: Found bmw_z4_gt3 in apps\python\AutoCam\carCameras.ini
AutoCam: Reading Car Camera options for bmw_z4_gt3
AutoCam: carName = bmw_z4_gt3, carCamCount = 6
AutoCam: Found bmw_z4_gt3 in apps\python\AutoCam\carCameras.ini
AutoCam: Car bmw_z4_gt3 already found in dicCars
AutoCam: carName = mclaren_mp412c_gt3, carCamCount = 6
AutoCam: Found mclaren_mp412c_gt3 in apps\python\AutoCam\carCameras.ini
AutoCam: Car mclaren_mp412c_gt3 already found in dicCars
AutoCam: carName = mercedes_sls_gt3, carCamCount = 6
AutoCam: Found mercedes_sls_gt3 in apps\python\AutoCam\carCameras.ini
AutoCam: Car mercedes_sls_gt3 already found in dicCars
AutoCam: App ID = 1
AutoCam: InitCars() done
AutoCam: acMain finished
AutoCam: using cm extensions
AutoCam: Returning from acMain

I've added some things to my version of the code, so going to line 243 isn't the same as the version you're running, but my best guess is that it's something to do with the cameraSwitching INI option.

Please verify that each of the elements has two hats ^ and three numbers, and that each element is separated by a pipe |

You're best bet is to use the default AutoCam.INI file and then slowly make modifications.

Code:
;the three numbers are Camera^randomizationWeight^cameraSwitchDelay
cameraSwitching = 0^10^10|1^10^10|2^10^10|3^80^15|4^2^5|5^0^10|6^0^10|7^0^5|8^0^10|9^0^10
;JUST CAR CAMS
;cameraSwitching = 1^1^5
;JUST TRACK AND CAR CAMS
;cameraSwitching = 1^30^10|3^70^15

I have found that AC is sometimes reporting the number of car cameras for a vehicle as -1, when in fact it should almost always be more than 0. This results in empty entries in the carCameras.ini file, which generates error info in the py_log.txt

;some example entries from the carCameras.ini
ks_maserati_250f_6cyl = 0^1|1^1|2^1|3^1|4^1|5^1
tc_legends_alfa_gta =
tc_legends_mazda_rx3 = 0^1|1^1|2^1|3^1|4^1|5^1

I am working on a solution for this issue.

I've added some things to my version of the code, so going to line 243 isn't the same as the version you're running, but my best guess is that it's something to do with the cameraSwitching INI option.

Please verify that each of the elements has two hats ^ and three numbers, and that each element is separated by a pipe |

You're best bet is to use the default AutoCam.INI file and then slowly make modifications.

Code:
;the three numbers are Camera^randomizationWeight^cameraSwitchDelay
cameraSwitching = 0^10^10|1^10^10|2^10^10|3^80^15|4^2^5|5^0^10|6^0^10|7^0^5|8^0^10|9^0^10
;JUST CAR CAMS
;cameraSwitching = 1^1^5
;JUST TRACK AND CAR CAMS
;cameraSwitching = 1^30^10|3^70^15

The only line I made any changes to was the camera switching behaviour. Everything else is default bar a few boolean parameters(?)

Ah, I may have found the error:
Code:
cameraSwitching = 0^80^10|3^20^15|
Silly me

Unfortunately, now the app doesn't show up in the in-game selection menu...

Last edited:
okay I am lost, this is what I have tried online server with driver a and b, driver a will stream and is added to skipdrivers, when start lights go on driver a jump starts and gets booted to pits , I was hoping that it would follow me around the track but it just focuses on driver a ? I must be so dumb why is it so hard to spectate online races in AC

okay I am lost, this is what I have tried online server with driver a and b, driver a will stream and is added to skipdrivers, when start lights go on driver a jump starts and gets booted to pits , I was hoping that it would follow me around the track but it just focuses on driver a ? I must be so dumb why is it so hard to spectate online races in AC
AutoCam should be focusing on everyone except driver A. There isn't an AutoCam mode to follow a specific driver, yet, but that's a good idea. Check to make sure driver switching is enabled in the INI.

Esotic updated Auto Cam with a new update entry:

better support for timed races, off-pace tracking

This version should resolve a few gaps in the logic for supporting timed races (both with and without the extra lap). There are also advancements to tracking cars that are off pace and entering/exiting pit lane.

During the qualifying session AutoCam will attempt to track average speeds, and during the race it will use this data to determine if cars are off pace, and then switch to them. There are options in the INI that control how often a car can be considered off pace, so they won't be...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Esotic updated Auto Cam with a new update entry:

new logic for pre-race countdowns, tracking battles, and some bug fixes

Info related to the most relevant new INI entries:

battleGap = 0.5
The battleGap defines the gap, in seconds, that 2 cars need to be within to be considered in a battle on track. Cars that are in a battle will get priority over other cars.

leadersOverClosest = 1
When leadersOverClosest is set to 1 the two cars within battleGap and closest to the top of the grid will take priority. When leadersOverClosest is set to 0 the two cars within battleGap that are the closest together (in...

Read the rest of this update entry...

First off, thank you for the work you've put into this. I really like how much more polished and customizable it is than BCast. I was fully ready to ditch BCast, but I noticed that in the context of a longer race (i.e., half way through 41 laps at Silverstone in GT3 cars), I started seeing a big frame rate drop from the streaming PC -- it went from low 60s fps to the low to mid 40 fps.

The same conditions with BCast produced no such drop.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
First off, thank you for the work you've put into this. I really like how much more polished and customizable it is than BCast. I was fully ready to ditch BCast, but I noticed that in the context of a longer race (i.e., half way through 41 laps at Silverstone in GT3 cars), I started seeing a big frame rate drop from the streaming PC -- it went from low 60s fps to the low to mid 40 fps.

The same conditions with BCast produced no such drop.

Any ideas?

Which layout of Silverstone where you running? Was this offline? Did you stream this online where I can watch?

Which layout of Silverstone where you running? Was this offline? Did you stream this online where I can watch?

Silverstone GP using Sol to simulate a 24 hour progression over 90 minutes of actual race time.

I noticed it when testing my streaming set-up using AI cars (20 competitors and one camera car).

I had OBS running and pumping out data, but YouTube was not set-up to receive it so no record.

I did not deploy it to the actual event.

If useful, I can try to recreate the conditions, but record the vid to hard-drive.

Silverstone GP using Sol to simulate a 24 hour progression over 90 minutes of actual race time.

I noticed it when testing my streaming set-up using AI cars (20 competitors and one camera car).

I had OBS running and pumping out data, but YouTube was not set-up to receive it so no record.

I did not deploy it to the actual event.

If useful, I can try to recreate the conditions, but record the vid to hard-drive.
Thanks for the info. I'll run that scenario and see what I find.

This app is now part of "Streaming? Sweet!!". Any future updates will be contained in the new app pack.

Nice app! I've made a few driving clips which look quite good. Thanks.

One question though: I'm doing something wrong. If the app is enabled, I can't select my normal Cockpit driving view. I can only get the camera views which are obviously meant for replays. The only option I have found is to exit the session and go to settings menu and disable AutoCam. There must be a better way?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Check this setting in the INI

;noDrivableCamWithVirtualMirror = 1 - do not allow cams 0 or 2, use the first Car cam instead (hopefully when virutal mirrors are detected, but for now always)
;noDrivableCamWithVirtualMirror = 2 - always use first car cam instead of cockpit or driveable

Your CSP version will affect the apps ability to detect whether a virtual mirror is being used.

And please note that all future AutoCam updates will be part of the Streaming? Sweet!!

Last edited:
Is it possible that there could be problems with certain camera sets?
I watched a couple of my older replays from Donington GP, both were 1 hours races. I have Da Baeda's camera set for that track, and everytime the camera is switched to DaBäda TV6, it stops switching there and just stays on TV6 cam.
So far I've not seen any problems with Da Baeda's cameras on other tracks.

Despite this, I love this app!

EDIT: I also have a lot of errors from AutoCam in py_log, file attached. Are those "Error(1200): Not available in replay only mode" errors normal?

EDIT2: Sorry for being a bit too quick to post. I did more testing, and at the moment this seems to be limited to just one particular replay file, other replays that I've tested with the same track, car and race length have now worked fine. I also tried turning Autocam off and back again - no effect. Then I tried changing to a different camera manually, and then the replay stayed with that camera.

I'll let you know if I find more replays with the same problem.

Attachments

• py_log.txt
    141.2 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 408 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 258 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 277 46.9%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 121 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 163 27.6%
Back