Australia & New Zealand

Congratulations to ATR, a dominant performance.

Well done Jari, good result considering you were disconnected after turn 1 in Race 1.
Unfortunately both Motorheadz and RD suffered badly from disconnections to the top drivers from each team.

And i dont think they are coming anymore Gunthar. Warren & Cam tried for months but the last time there was hardly any interest anymore.
It seems that the Aussies found another place to race

• Stuart Neal

I cant log into the racing and i have the time now to race! AGGGHHHH

Certainly how it felt Bram... I think you put it best when you said it was like 'flogging a dead horse'. A shame really...

I am sorry to read, but was assuming that this happened after I did not see them anymore. Especially when I read Warren post on Bram's thread about the potential end of RD. When the target group drops out, than it becomes really difficult.

Just to clarify my position on this.
I retired as a Racing Club Staff Member some time ago, so my role as a Race Organiser has been ended for a few months. I had separately tried to support Cam with some unofficial help with the Oceania Group. I understand that Cam has recently retired also from his Race Director Role for Oceania.
I believe two main issues have lead to the current situation (from my point of view).
1. The level of support from Oceania members has been variable at best, and mainly very low in recent times. Most of the Oceania GTRE events were being filled thanks to European members who were prepared to race on a Sunday morning, but the Oceania support has been very small. It becomes very frustrating to organise events for Oceania members, when the level of support was virtually non existent except for a very few loyal regulars.
2. The quality of the racing and driving standards had drifted a long way from the spirit of Racing Club Events. Most events featured regular pile ups in the opening laps, very aggressive driving from many racers causing accidents on a very frequent basis, and people driving as if these races were serious League events (although I had seen better racing standards in League events). For me, and some others, the fun was disappearing from these events, seeing drivers being regularly punted off track loses appeal after a while.

In addition to this, the level of activity in the Oceania Forum is also very small, relying on a very few of us to initiate or maintain any level of discussion. So, when Cam and I step aside from the active leadership roles, it is hard to see anyone else stepping up to the plate.
I think it is time to admit that our past efforts to develop a strong Oceania Group, with clean friendly racing, are not going to succeed.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.