Australia & New Zealand

I should be able to make it. I get out of work at 7PM, so I should just be back in time for qual.

Richard, there are two options available for you to drive.
Chris has offered to let a reserve drive his Gumpert since he is away and only returns just before the race.
If not, then I'm happy to step aside and you can drive the Viper.

However, with either option, we need to be sure you will be there in time.

Please let us know your preference.

• Andrew Dawes

Good to hear olly!!

On a less optimistic note, i'm concerned about whether i will be fit for this race with my injured right hip/back. :beat-up: My wife says no, but i think at this stage i'm 40% chance. If we have a spare driver, i'm happy to move aside early.

MotorHeadz will have a practice server up from tonight till Saturday that any RD member will be free to join.
At this stage there wont be a PW as i would like to get the room as full as possible. If needed the PW will be OECC
If you see any issues post them in this thread so i can address the issue before Saturday.

I have a pretty nooby question, but I have never driven this full track in a race.
How does the pitstop work?
It looks to me like you have to enter the pits at the end of the GP track (where it turns left for the Nords track) by following the entrance on the right. Exiting the pits, then you seem to have to go around the GP part of the track again and I assume turn left at the Nords track entrance to continue again.
Is this correct?
It seems a long way around to do a pitstop???

Yeah, that's it Warren - same as how they do it in the 24-hour race. I find it rather complicating, as when coming out of the pits you'd be a whole Nordschleife's distance ahead of everyone else... correct? :question:

I find it rather complicating, as when coming out of the pits you'd be a whole Nordschleife's distance ahead of everyone else... correct? :question:

I don't think this would put you that far in front. It just means you have to do a fair chunk of the Nurburg GP track before you can pit. When you leave the pits, you go around the GP track again and then turn onto the Nords part. In this case it's a very time consuming pitstop, so the fewer pitstops the better here (If I am understanding it correctly??)

Not sure about that, Warren. What I mean is this:

When you enter the pits, you must turn right, which means you miss out on the Nordschleife, which takes up most of a lap.
If other people are on the Nordschleife section of the track in positions in front of you, by entering the pits and cutting off the Nordschleife, you actually gain their positions while in the pits. Doing a lap of the GP circuit after coming out would make no difference, because you would still be in front of them. Pitting, therefore, is essentially the same as an epic cutting of the track.

Not sure how the game handles this. Has anyone done tests?

When you pit you do a lap of the GP track then enter the pits. Once the stop is done you do a lap as normal. It will not count the inlap on the GP track as a lap so it takes a long time to pit.

Tyres should last 1 hour so it should be possible in 1 stop.

Another bump of this post, we need to get a good idea of who is racing and in what cars.
At the moment the uncertainties are:
Andrew: How is the back shaping up?
Richard: Is reserve driver but not finalised which car he will drive and may not be available until the last minute before Qualy??
Chris: Is away but will check if he is needed just prior to the event.
Warren: I deliberately left my drive (and Car) available so that Richard was certain to get a race, but I don't want to step aside if we end up short of drivers.

Any updates to help avoid some last second decisions on the team and cars??

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note, the final round of the OECC @ Nurburgring has been postponed due to the Easter break. The planned date is now Saturday 18th April.

Racedepartment's Team for Nurburgring:

-Aston Martin DBR9 - Cam Wedgwood Confirmed
-Audi R8 GT Concept - Olaf.j Linortner Confirmed
-Corvette C5 R - Rhys Gardiner Confirmed
-Corvette C6 R - Michael Stead Confirmed
-Dodge Viper GTS/R - Warren Dawes ???
-Gumpert Apollo GT - Chris Rodgers Confirmed if needed but car available to a reserve
-Lister Storm - Andrew Dawes Confirmed
-Saleen S7-R - Jari Vinnari Confirmed

I'll update this post as each driver confirms.

Reserve driver: Richard Hamstead Confirmed

I have PM'ed the password for the final round @ Nurburgring to all of our Team. Please note that although 9 people have the password, only 8 can join, so we need to finalise the starting team before the race.

Check your Mail boxes.

Ok, so that we have more certainty about our team, the following is the planned lineup. Richard to drive the Gumpert in place of Chris, who indicated he can drive if needed at the last minute. This lets Richard know which car he can drive:
However, Richard, if you don't believe you can make it on time, please let us (or Chris ) know at least one hour before Qualy time, so Chris has some time to be ready.
I hope that is ok by everyone.

Racedepartment's Team for Nurburgring:

-Aston Martin DBR9 - Cam Wedgwood Confirmed
-Audi R8 GT Concept - Olaf.j Linortner Confirmed
-Corvette C5 R - Rhys Gardiner Confirmed
-Corvette C6 R - Michael Stead Confirmed
-Dodge Viper GTS/R - Warren Dawes Confirmed
-Gumpert Apollo GT - Richard Hamstead (but Chris Rodgers to drive if Richard is not available on time)
-Lister Storm - Andrew Dawes Confirmed
-Saleen S7-R - Jari Vinnari Confirmed

• Andrew Dawes

Well in my fitness test this morning here are the results:

- Pace: 1 racing lap 8:50.0 (1 360d spin) - this is a race pace, not a balls out pace so something i could easily achieve lap in lap out of a long race. A bit of practice before the race and I could comfortable drop this about 10s so 8:42 will be my target pace.

- Right hip: - did not cope well with the 1 practice lap + 1 racing lap. I'm not sure the team doctor would give me the all clear, but there is no club doctor. Will see what i can do in the next few hours to improve this otherwise it might be a short race (No references back to Spa please!!).

I just don't get it. My frame rate was shocking as soon as we got on to the ATR server. I definitely know that it wasn't a problem with my computer or graphics settings, because I've just run a test in single player, and the track runs smoother than a caramel milkshake. Maybe on my system this Nurburgring layout and online play just don't mix... anyhow, I'm crushed. Have a good race guys. :sad:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 17 12.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 11.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 50 36.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 83 59.7%