Austin Mini Cooper S FIA App.K Historic Racing

Cars Austin Mini Cooper S FIA App.K Historic Racing 2.12

Login or Register an account to download this content
Still a great car, but I'm afraid I'll have to ask again about the driver position (see my earlier post with pics). There is surely something wrong and this version is still the same:

pessio_mini.png

The driver is bending forward and even then the seatbelt is still in front. I also think he has broken wrists.
I wouldn't pay much attention to it if it was not my own cockpit view that looks weird. Even if I move my seat/view forward so far that the steering wheel looks like coming out of a bus, I still have that floating seatbelt in front of me (on my right hand screen).
If I move my view like I have it in all my cars, that seatbelt is even further in front.
Could you please check ?

Next time before you say something is wrong, please outline why, and how to fix it if you know how. ;)

If you knew anything about pure trailing arms you would know this arrangement is to keep the camber/toe travel minimal (Practically zero change over a large range) and to keep the roll center migration low and at ground level. The interaction of the link direction and instant centers is very different between STA and DWB so this is what I have come up with.

I was afraid there would be too much cross communication between the car's sides with this kind of layout as compared to a more traditional one, but I did controlled testing and there is essentially no real significant error, even in one-wheel bump or alternating bump and rebound.

I think because the left side of the suspension is already tied to the right side of the chassis and vice versa in a normal DWB configuration even if the arms do not cross over the centerline, there isn't really much more error as the chassis is *already* a solid piece with all corners connected.

Of course I can be wrong, but I tested it on a multiple cars and at least at 0km/h I didn't find anything. Perhaps it changes once high-speed physics come into play? I wouldn't believe it, but...maybe.

Either way; not a bug.

Prophetic post in little chars, let me tell you :ninja:. Hopefully the S800 RSC will be close enough to join the sub 1000cc party too.

A small niggle, given that you've named the appk as Cooper S 1275, you might name this one as Cooper S 970 as well (assuming it's based on that rare homologation special) instead of "1000", being that it's not the first 1071cc Cooper S.
Nitpicking apart, thank you! This physics variant is much welcome to vary race grids.

Last edited:
Oh, and just for the record, but I didn't do any work for this update. If something is busted or you want to change something in the new car; it's as unknown to me as to you. :roflmao:

In the meanwhile I will talk to Pessio to figure out the specifics to prepare for any future updates. As I learn more about particularly historic tires, there's some stuff which is probably worth changing.

Still a great car, but I'm afraid I'll have to ask again about the driver position (see my earlier post with pics). There is surely something wrong and this version is still the same:

View attachment 385088

The driver is bending forward and even then the seatbelt is still in front. I also think he has broken wrists.
I wouldn't pay much attention to it if it was not my own cockpit view that looks weird. Even if I move my seat/view forward so far that the steering wheel looks like coming out of a bus, I still have that floating seatbelt in front of me (on my right hand screen).
If I move my view like I have it in all my cars, that seatbelt is even further in front.
Could you please check ?

I know about that yes. Sadly the weel position in minis was so awkward that I can't do a proper driver without bending it forward a lot. If posed on back, he can't reach the wheel on top.
The problem can be solved in the correct way racers did on their racing minis. Low down the steering column to give the wheel a better angle, and also put the wheel a little back.
This is a nasty job indeed, so I can do it when I'll find some proper spare time!

Kyuubeey: Strange to not see the new physics dev credited as a release note, as one would expect it to still be you. Hoppefully it's in capable hands, as your base should be solid.

Pessio: Btw, forgot to mention something about the csp odometer. Atm it's configured as trip instead of main, so it won't show the accumulated distance previously ran. It should be no news to you, but to use it as total, it'll then need to be set as [ODOMETER_MAIN], and with OUTPUT_MULT=10 (or =6.214 if you wish to keep the kmh>mph conversion), so it retains the current 5+1 layout. By default _MAIN displays no decimals, unlike _TRIP, that's why it'll require 10x.
No need to touch movement interval, because it's already forced to 1 on your config so the decimals will keep rotating (on a default _MAIN it's =5 instead, so it'd jump full units on last digit, p.e., for a 6+0 layout).

Disregard if being reset on every session by using it as _trip is intended for a race car, but this change to _main would make sense at least for the road version of the 1275. :thumbsup:

edit: less confusing, hopefully

Last edited:
Kyuubeey: Strange to not see the new physics dev credited as a release note, as one would expect it to still be you. Hoppefully it's in capable hands, as your base should be solid.

Pessio: Btw, forgot to mention something about the csp odometer. Atm it's configured as trip instead of main, so it won't show the accumulated distance previously ran. It should be no news to you, but to use it as total, it'll then need to be set as [ODOMETER_MAIN], and with OUTPUT_MULT=10 (or =6.214 if you wish to keep the kmh>mph conversion), so it retains the current 5+1 layout. By default _MAIN displays no decimals, unlike _TRIP, that's why it'll require 10x.
No need to touch movement interval, because it's already forced to 1 on your config so the decimals will keep rotating (on a default _MAIN it's =5 instead, so it'd jump full units on last digit, p.e., for a 6+0 layout).

Disregard if being reset on every session by using it as _trip is intended for a race car, but this change to _main would make sense at least for the road version of the 1275. :thumbsup:

edit: less confusing, hopefully

Thanks.
I'll do if I'll make another update! I did the Trip one, cause back in the days was the only functional, and keep it in version 2, but now can be transformed in the main one, yes!
I didn't credit anyone, is still the physic by Kyuubeey! Only boPped, and new tyres, by Abbo90

Had an issue several times with the group 2 mini under acceleration where the torque seems to drop away dramatically as the revs rise, then the revs suddenly drop (staying in the same gear) and the engine torque increases again. I've changed the value of [CLUTCH] MAX_TORQUE in drivetrain.ini from 90 to 190 (now the same as the App.K variant) and this seems to have resolved the problem.

Had an issue several times with the group 2 mini under acceleration where the torque seems to drop away dramatically as the revs rise, then the revs suddenly drop (staying in the same gear) and the engine torque increases again. I've changed the value of [CLUTCH] MAX_TORQUE in drivetrain.ini from 90 to 190 (now the same as the App.K variant) and this seems to have resolved the problem.
Yep, that sure sounds like the clutch not being able to handle the torque. It's weaker than the stock one.

I didn't touch that car one bit, so don't blame it on me. Sounds like a backspace was put in there somehow.

Really nice mod. minor niggles (in vr): chrome used on interior looks bad, as you move your head around it appears that it is reflecting something random. the windscreen scratches/dirt are distracting compared to other cars. driver eyes default position is odd in one of the cars

Hey, only the S 1275 (the road car that is on a seperate download) has a very different default interior view. Both the 1000 and the 1275 appk on this resource should have the exact same eyes pos.

You can start a session on the one you like most, push the onboard view app, hit save. Then go into documents\assetto corsa\cfg\cars and rename/copy the car folder as \austin_mini_cooper_s to share the same \view pos config, as models are compatible.

@Pessio this car is great.
really impressed at how close the details and handling are.
When compared to the AMS2 offering.
Your work stands right level with that of a pro team.
I only wish you had an interest in converting your works to Rf2.
So I could run them back to back like I can with AC and AMS2.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.