Aussie V8 Legend Craig Lowndes announces retirement.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/lowndes-retire-supercars-000716097--spt.html

Craig Lowndes announced this morning from Townsville that he has decided to retire from full
time racing at the end of the 2018 season. The 3 times champion and 6 times Bathurst winner will still be available for the endurance cup events, and will also become part of the Supercars commentary team for the future in 2019, so his beaming smile will still be around the Supercars scene here in Australia.

I was fortunate enough to travel half way round the globe for the 2014 Bathurst and on the Saturday Morning he cooked me Breakfast! (A Campsite winner won a comp whereby the Red Bull team including Jamie Whincup & Steven Richards cooked breakfast and I wangled my way in!).

I was then lucky enough to go back the following year and witness his 100th Supercar Race Win at Hidden Valley, a moment I shall never forget thanks to the pics I took which have since been made into a Collage Picture which hangs on the wall right behind my Monitor, it includes my Avatar Picture that I took of him at Barbagallo that same year doing his trademark Two Wheels over the Curbs.

A very friendly chap who forever had a smile on his face even in extremely tough circumstances, he's gonna be sorely missed, "End Of An Era" no doubt about it, Thank You Craig.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.