AC [AUS Server] Formula Abarth @ Imola - Sat 14 June 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Cheers guys!

I was pretty much smack bang in the pack in terms of pace in both races.
Had a few good battles, but I couldn't keep it on the road long enough for them to eventuate into anything.

Thanks @Tony Binelli for letting us do an additional race, that was awesome!

@Justin Talent : That only 5 gears is a weird tip but it bloody worked. It gained 0.6 of a second off down to 145.4. I still mentally have to change down to 2nd at the hairpin and the top chicane. Will have to try more tomorrow.
I might also try 5 gears at mighty Mugello and see if it works.
Well done on the low 144. The reaction on TS was hilarious

@Tony Binelli I spent lots of time setting up a car so that second race was the great. Nice to sit behind Sun and have Justin come past... makes all the time invested worth it.

Great night of racing again. Had a top first race with no mistakes, even if I was a bit slow.

Second race was a bit of a disaster, what with my wheel getting locked full right on the start grid :confused: Managed to quit and rejoin, but then I pushed too hard, made too many mistakes and destroyed my tires.

Thanks for the setup Chris!

Great Job all! I was up late watching the hockey game and did some practicing afterwards to see if I would be competitive with the car/track combo. Since there was no EU/US races for Saturday, decided to stay up and give this one a go. Just wondering...did my car warp much? It seemed everyone else was rock stable on my end.

Tips for everyone: in your setup, aim to only use 5 gears instead of 6 so each gear you use is higher. Also don't be afraid to use crazy gears on tighter corners. The absolute lowest gear I use for any corner is 3rd gear. These cars are faster with less gear changes!

During some hotlapping before going on the server, I think I ran across this. I was faster using a higher gear than I thought would be optimal. I didn't use anything lower then 3rd also, but I didn't have time to find out if there were more optimal gear lengths to use.

Thanks for doing a second race, I goofed too many times in the first one and did a little bit better in the second. I again slid off turn 4 because I forgot about the cold tires and fuel load. Slid around twice more. I find it weird that it is better to have a tire fully on the astroturf coming out of variante alta. Putting on the power with the tire half on/half off is like a guaranteed spin.

Still need to get more consistent. One day I will learn to be a solid mid-level racer.

cheers to chris and tony again for setting up, sorry i left i did not realise there was a second race,cheers to justin for representing our fine state of victoria dam fast man,and not sure if you were warping fred we did not come in much contact

Cool, I think my ping was somewhere in the 270 range to the server. I know that Michael Young on the normal RD servers has a 300+ ping and warps pretty badly. I doubt if I will be doing many AU time races since they usually start at 7am local time for me :).

Cool, I think my ping was somewhere in the 270 range to the server. I know that Michael Young on the normal RD servers has a 300+ ping and warps pretty badly. I doubt if I will be doing many AU time races since they usually start at 7am local time for me :).

Yeah I didn't see you warping at all.
It actually looked reasonably stable. Which is good news.

Fair enough, 7am is a bit too early for a race haha.

We'll do both. :) this week it's the Abarth.
We're you interested in signing Harry?

No worries mate. Till next time :thumbsup:

Not a problem at all Jamie :)
People will most likely upload videos of the race because these things make for such close racing.
Ummm, a competitive time around Imola would probably be anywhere from 1m 46, to 1m 49. Just off the top of my head.

Geez, I'm miles off the pace then running the standard setup . 1.54 at best. Does set up make much difference? Can you tell me where to find the replay? I might get some tips on how to go faster??? Are set ups posted anywhere in racedepartment??
Sorry to be bothering you but I don't want to come into races and stuff them up for anybody

Geez, I'm miles off the pace then running the standard setup . 1.54 at best. Does set up make much difference? Can you tell me where to find the replay? I might get some tips on how to go faster??? Are set ups posted anywhere in racedepartment??
Sorry to be bothering you but I don't want to come into races and stuff them up for anybody

Set up will make a difference when you're trying to find those final few tenths of a second, but when you're still new to sim racing and learning the ropes, the majority of laptime will just come from good old practice, practice and more practice.
A good driver can make more of a difference than a good set up. However it does help to make you a better driver if you have a set up that you've designed around yourself to suit the way YOU like the car.
Setups are posted in the Setup Sub-forum section.

Information on watching back your multiplayer races can be found here

Don't worry about how fast or slow you might be mate.
These club races are all about learning to race online, gaining experience and just having fun with some mates :)
No matter how slow you are, there's almost always someone to race against. People of all skill-ranges are here.
Racing wheel to wheel comes more naturally than you might think :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes