AC [AUS Server] Formula Abarth @ Imola - Sat 14 June 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Chris

Premium
Screenshot_tatuusfa1_imola_5-6-2014-16-20-57.jpg

Saturday night is Open Wheeler night!

And this week it takes place at the legendary Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari, otherwise known as Imola.

Haven't got the game yet? Buy Assetto Corsa directly from the RD Store for only 34,99 Euro

Special Notes:
  • Book your slots in time from 19:00 AEST (09:00 GMT) onwards which leaves you with a 60 minute time frame to complete your booking on the server. If you can't book in time make sure to sign out before 19:00 AEST (09:00 GMT) so your spot can go to somebody else.
  • Passwords are sent via private message on the forums before the booking starts
Cars: Formula Abarth (Tatuus FA01)
Track: Imola

Booking: 19:00 AEST (09:00 GMT)
Practice: 20:00 AEST (10:00 GMT)
Qualifying: 20:30 AEST (10:30 GMT)
Race: 20:45 AEST (10:45 GMT) 14 laps

Racing Club Rules: click here
Teamspeak Password:
click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. This is not a league race, it's not about who wins, it's for some fun, so please join us on TeamSpeak and build a little community spirit! The more fun we make it, the more inclined people will be to join in and make the grids bigger.

Priority access
In case of a large amount of sign-ups premium members are given priority access to enter this event.

Entry List
  1. Chris Stacey
  2. David Armstrong
  3. Tony Binelli
  4. Sun Levi
  5. Fred Locklear
  6. Ashley Cowan
  7. Justin Talent
  8. Michael Stead
  9. Available
  10. Available
  11. Available
  12. Available
  13. Available
  14. Available
  15. Available
  16. Available
  17. Available
  18. Available
  19. Available
  20. Available
  21. Available
  22. Available
  23. Available
  24. Available

Last edited:
Hey Chris. Unfortunately I can't make my debut tonight but would love to see the race. Will it be saved somewhere? By the way I had my first practice today in the Abarth at Imola. What is a competitive time around there?? Jamie

We'll do both. :) this week it's the Abarth.
We're you interested in signing Harry?

cheers for invite chris , got a few things on my plate at the moment ,so hopefully next saturday or during the week

No worries mate. Till next time :thumbsup:

Hey Chris. Unfortunately I can't make my debut tonight but would love to see the race. Will it be saved somewhere? By the way I had my first practice today in the Abarth at Imola. What is a competitive time around there?? Jamie

Not a problem at all Jamie :)
People will most likely upload videos of the race because these things make for such close racing.
Ummm, a competitive time around Imola would probably be anywhere from 1m 46, to 1m 49. Just off the top of my head.

Chris, sign me up....but I may bow out depending on my ping to the server will be. I'm not sure how bad it will be to me over here in the US. If it is too bad I probably will skip the booking.

Chris, sign me up....but I may bow out depending on my ping to the server will be. I'm not sure how bad it will be to me over here in the US. If it is too bad I probably will skip the booking.
You'll probably get around 240-260 ping.
Not great, but still raceable.

Great racing tonight guys. Had a bit of a technical issue concerning my mic just before we started, would have been speaking tonight otherwise. Should be good for next time which hopefully is next weekend!

This is my best car on my best track, but even so, I was still surprised at my pace here. Managing low 1:45s is only a few tenths off my hotlap PB (1:44.7), and considering I've been up since 4 AM this morning due to the World Cup, I was surprised I was that quick :p

First race was sort of a rout, with a clear track I could just nail consistent 1:46s and it wasn't a contest. Second race was much better, had a chaotic few laps in the middle due to contact and spins on cold tyres, but catching the pack was great fun!

Tips for everyone: in your setup, aim to only use 5 gears instead of 6 so each gear you use is higher. Also don't be afraid to use crazy gears on tighter corners. The absolute lowest gear I use for any corner is 3rd gear. These cars are faster with less gear changes!

Thanks all :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing