Resource icon

Misc Assetto4Seasons 4.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
It depends. In last screenshot you were on LAC (California) which is typically warm. Anyway if April in many region brings clouds, it does not mean that every day is cloudy (especially in warm or hot regions).
Anyway if you race at LAC, try these;
- 19 April 2018, temp 14,5 °C and wind at 13,3 km/h, and you'll get a sort of overcast
- 25 April 2018 or 4th of April , temp 14,5 °C and wind at 13,3 km/h, and you'll get a some clouds

etcetera...

How do you load any weather? All I get is clear skies all the time. Im sure Im doing something wrong.

as he wrote himself. The mod depends on the distance, the month, the temperature and the wind.
I also had bad weather in the meantime. You have to try a little with all variables.

Examples:
- 19 April 2018, temp 14,5 °C and wind at 13,3 km/h, and you'll get a sort of overcast
- 25 April 2018 or 4th of April , temp 14,5 °C and wind at 13,3 km/h, and you'll get a some clouds

as he wrote himself. The mod depends on the distance, the month, the temperature and the wind.
I also had bad weather in the meantime. You have to try a little with all variables.

Examples:
Strange, but ok. Thanks.

fabrizio piedepesante updated Assetto4Seasons with a new update entry:

Minor "bugfixes"

If you just updated A4S to 4.0 you may skip this subrelease since it is just a minor update bringing 2 tiny patches.
If you haven't yet upgraded to 4.0.0, please read the 4.0 RELEASE CHANGELOG, it is important (4.x is significantly different from 3.x).
--------------------
Content of this patch release
- it disables the WEATHER DEPENDENT GRIP feature when a "WET TRACK MOD" is used;
- it fixes the washedout sky appearing in some cloudy scenarios at specific latitudes

Read the rest of this update entry...

Minor bugfixes

If you just updated A4S to 4.0 you may skip this subrelease since it is just a minor update bringing 2 tiny patches.
If you haven't yet upgraded to 4.0.0, please read the 4.0 RELEASE CHANGELOG, it is important (4.x is significantly different from 3.x).
--------------------
Content of this patch release
- it disables the WEATHER DEPENDENT GRIP feature when a "WET TRACK MOD" is used;
- it fixes the washedout sky appearing in some cloudy scenarios at specific latitudes

What post process filter do you recommend to use with this set? It seems a little subdued and dark overall. Of course this will vary from one machine to another. Im having CM run different filters currently.

Just wondering, is it okay/safe to still use the SPRING, SUMMER WINTER and AUTUMN weathers that came with 3.x? The new update (4.0.1) only updates the CHAMP_DAY or CHAMP_NIGHT for those weathers but not the none-CHAMP based ones. Just wanted to clarify!

New Features + Improvements

Release Highlights
- ENHANCED "WET" TRACK MOD SUPPORT
- SUPPORT FOR DYNAMIC LIGHTING TEST BUILD
- IMPROVEMENT OF GRIP ALGORITHM
- VISUAL FIXES
- OTHER MINOR CHANGES/TWEAKS/FIXES

ENHANCED "WET" TRACK MOD SUPPORT
Now when a WET track is selected, Assetto4Seasons will automatically craft a weather scenario coherent with a wet asphalt (overriding the A4S weather simulator engine); you will either get a stormy scenario or a foggy one depending on the wind speed setting you chose....

Ambient darkness is stuck at 1.0 during the whole day with this latest release (tried both 1.22 and 1.23 A4S versions with shader patch 92 rc5). This makes daytime too dark and it also makes track lights turn on during the day.

Last edited:
fabrizio piedepesante submitted a new resource:

Assetto4Seasons - Assetto Four Seasons, a weather engine

Read more about this resource...
Hi Fabrizio,

this last release works really well and I appreciated very much the wet tracks mode. Thank you to A4S the life of AC take longer and longer.
As you demonstrated to be a very smart modder I should like to make a question to you over A4S: for your knowledge it should be possible to make a Career Configurator for AC where make possible to include a series of customs championships with constraints (e.g. 1st in championship A to move to the championship B or similar) to move from a level to another level of championship?
A kind of mods like this if feasible could be very appreciated for me. Thank you in advance.

Hey guys!!
AWESOME product!!
Honestly I prefered gbW Suite at first because for my eyes it had a better touch to it and I liked the fact that it calls the actual weather, time and such from the web what I really liked. BUT I like the actual timecycle of A4S much more. So... What I like to know is what PP FIlter you guys recommend??
Keep up the good work!!

EDIT: CM at latest official release and with light patch 1.25

Last edited:
Hi Fabrizio,

this last release works really well and I appreciated very much the wet tracks mode. Thank you to A4S the life of AC take longer and longer.
As you demonstrated to be a very smart modder I should like to make a question to you over A4S: for your knowledge it should be possible to make a Career Configurator for AC where make possible to include a series of customs championships with constraints (e.g. 1st in championship A to move to the championship B or similar) to move from a level to another level of championship?
A kind of mods like this if feasible could be very appreciated for me. Thank you in advance.

Hi.
I cannot answer your question, since I never investigated the Carreer modding. Maybe it is possible as long as Content Manager provides the needed support.
Frankly the Custom Championship support in CM is a bit limited (no 24 timeframe) and in my opinion a bit buggy (some settings are lost). In my opinion Custom Championship should be rebuilt from scratch, detaching it from the very barebone implementation of Assetto Corsa launcher.

In your video it seems the from driving in dark to sunset, light is changing and goes to sunset. But If I set in cm to 4 season, starting at 5.30 the sun is not up (timechange = 60) but it keeps the same light, nothing is changing. I thougt there is a daycyle?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.