Assetto Corsa Weather Plans and RainFX config files for various tracks

Misc Assetto Corsa Weather Plans and RainFX config files for various tracks 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Cozy61 submitted a new resource:

Assetto Corsa Weather Plans and RainFX config files for various tracks - Weather Plans and RainFX config files for various tracks

Requires:

WEATHER PLANS
Here are some random and fixed...

Read more about this resource...

Morning

Not sure what's going on here but when the rain stops and the sun comes out again my mirrors appear overly bright and stay that way until it starts raining again, they then go back to normal. Any Ideas how to fix this. I'm running SOL2.01 and Lights patch 1.70 Preview 1

Regards

Mark
Screenshot_f1_1965_honda_ra272_goodwood_circuit_5-0-121-11-4-44.jpg

Morning

Not sure what's going on here but when the rain stops and the sun comes out again my mirrors appear overly bright and stay that way until it starts raining again, they then go back to normal. Any Ideas how to fix this. I'm running SOL2.01 and Lights patch 1.70 Preview 1

Regards

MarkView attachment 433484
Hi Mark. Not had that issue (yet )I stayed with 1,69 preview as a number of users identified some issues regarding FPS and such. I’ve also found switching the pp filter remedies some csp brightness issues but not sure on 1,70. Hope that helps

Update. Just had a thought that it could be to do with mirror distances/settings in csp. Noticed that my mirrors are lighter when driving in rain but not overly bright

Last edited:
Where do I find the mirror distance settings and what do I set them to ?
Mirror settings are under Settings/Assetto Corsa/Video
I would fiddle with reflection and mirror settings but make notes of what you do

I also read a post on GTPlanet about adjusting a config ini but I'm old and I've forgotten where :-D

I use one of 2 either Sol PPF or https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/blackcelicas-rtfx-filters-for-sol-weather.25012/updates

I tend to switch the PPF back 1 then forward 1 to alleviate some exposure issues I've had - seems to work like a reset

Last edited:
Cozy61 updated Assetto Corsa Weather Plans and RainFX config files for various tracks with a new update entry:

Barcelona City and Thomson Road

2 new RainFX Text for ext_configs added
View attachment 434095

ACU Barcelona City Track "Search Engine - GTPlanet"
New Textures for the track by ClimaxF1 - Really brings it alive https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acu-barcelona-city-texture-update.38548/

Thomson Road by Fat-Alfie
Fantastic fun to be had - Watch out for the trees!
[URL...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Cozy61

Small problem with the Silverstone 67 historic track.

I go into extension, config, tracks, loaded and KS-SILVERSTONE1967 isn't there is there anywhere else it might be located ? all the others you have rain FX for are there. The track is in my game I can drive on it.

Regards

Mark

Cozy61

Small problem with the Silverstone 67 historic track.

I go into extension, config, tracks, loaded and KS-SILVERSTONE1967 isn't there is there anywhere else it might be located ? all the others you have rain FX for are there. The track is in my game I can drive on it.

Regards

Mark
Hi Mark - I just copied the Silverstone one but I've made one that works here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15K0EW1TvpRCoWlzD_mAe2PUudf_gukHB/view?usp=sharing

Just put it in the: yourpc:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded

Hope that helps

Last edited:
Cozy61 updated Assetto Corsa Weather Plans and RainFX config files for various tracks with a new update entry:

How to create an extension folder and ext_config.ini file for each track

3 more tracks added thanks to realending
  • Snetterton
  • Sepang
  • Autopolis International (JAF)
How to create an extension folder and ext_config.ini file for each track
In case you ever move your tracks or just want to keep the files in one place

See screenshots for visual help

If you want to move/copy the track config from the loaded tracks folder you can;

1. Create and extension folder (all...

Croft Rain FX (Cozy61) and GrassFX (Rusty) Config.ini

This is my first attempt at creating a RainFX config so be gentle, please

It is for the Croft circuit by Terra 21

Installation Help
1. Create a new ext_config.ini file using Notepad or similar text editor
2. Copy the text below and paste
3. Save as ext_config.ini in track/extension folder
4. Hopefully it works for you and you can enjoy

View attachment 434746

[ABOUT]
AUTHOR...

RainFX config for (Reboot Team) Knockhill 2017 circuit

(Reboot Team) Knockhill 2017 circuit
View attachment 434849
Installation Help
1. Create a new ext_config.ini file using Notepad or similar text editor
2. Copy the text below and paste
3. Save as ext_config.ini in track/extension folder (create one if there isn't one)
4. Hopefully it works for you and you can enjoy
View attachment 434850

[ABOUT]
AUTHOR = Cozy61
VERSION = 0.9 beta
DATE_RELEASE = 9th January 2021
NOTES = v0.9beta by Cozy61, no...

Oesterreichring1979 circuit RainFX

I couldn't find a rainfx config so made a basic one for myself - Thought I'd share just in case I've missed a better one somewhere.

Follow instructions in original download

; for oesterreichring1979 circuit by (Reboot Project)
View attachment 437084
[ABOUT]
AUTHOR = Cozy61
VERSION = 0.9 beta
DATE_RELEASE = 17th January 2021
NOTES = v0.9beta by Cozy61, Couldn't find a rain fx version - Basic config of RainFX ;)

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = OASP_WET,ROAD_RDILB_WET...

Spielberg 1974 & 77 circuit RainFX by Zwiss

I couldn't find a rainfx config so made a basic one for myself - Thought I'd share just in case I've missed a better one somewhere.

Follow instructions in the original download

View attachment 437127

; for Spielberg 1974 & 77 circuit by Zwiss
[ABOUT]
AUTHOR = Cozy61
VERSION = 0.9 beta
DATE_RELEASE = 17th January 2021
NOTES = v0.9beta by Cozy61, Couldn't find a rain fx version - Basic config of RainFX ;)

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ?ROAD...

Thanks for all the rainFX and the weatherplans!! I'm new to the CSP preview version and the rainFX club. I still have to do a lot of experimenting, testing (and erroring ;) ). Your plans are very helpful as a base to 'create/modify' my own ones. Also finally took the time to read the instructions....RTFM.

Again thanks for this!
Brian

Thanks for all the rainFX and the weatherplans!! I'm new to the CSP preview version and the rainFX club. I still have to do a lot of experimenting, testing (and erroring ;) ). Your plans are very helpful as a base to 'create/modify' my own ones. Also finally took the time to read the instructions....RTFM.

Again thanks for this!
Brian
Like most of us do. Why read the manual when you can dive straight in! :roflmao: Glad they're of use

Last edited:

Good Afternoon Cozy61

These are great love them, thank you so much

Being a complete computer noob i've no idea how to make the EXT INI stuff so i'm stuffed for the three tracks listed below :-

Oesterreichring1979 circuit RainFX
Spielberg 1974 & 77 circuit RainFX by Zwiss

Can you help please

Regards

Mark

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 129 86.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 25 16.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 16.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 45 30.0%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 51 34.0%