Assetto Corsa V1.9 & Porsche Vol.1 DLC Deployed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche Vol. 1 DLC e.jpg

Assetto Corsa has received a substantial updated today, bringing the simulation to version 1.9 and adding the new Porsche Panamera G2 Turbo as a free car, alongside the Porsche Volume One DLC package, the first of three such DLC's due to be added to the game before the end of the year.

Today's update is more than just simply adding the first Porsche DLC however, as can be seen by the sizable changelog listed below. Version 1.9 contains considerable updates to the audio environment in Assetto Corsa, with several lines of the changelog dedicated to improvements and optimizations regarding the usage of FMOD sounds within the sim. Luca Sodano, Kunos Sound Designer and one of the men responsible for the audio improvements in the new update, released this teaser video a few days ago to give players an idea of what is in store for them in the new update, and the improvements are considerable. Due to the sound update potentially breaking some third party mods, Kunos released the FMOD development kit last week, so keep an eye out in our downloads section for updates to current mods when they become available.

Assetto Corsa Porsche Vol. 1 DLC a.jpg

Other items contained within the change log that may prove interesting to online drivers is the Anti-Wrecker protection line, confirmed by Kunos to mean "it's a simple (optional, settable by the server) system that punishes users with a high ratio of collision/km during a race with a sequence of penalties up to server ban. It's designed to fight against obvious wreckers in public servers." It is very pleasing to see Kunos have acknowledged the issue around deliberate wreckers in public server environments, and it will be interesting to see how this first pass at automated policing of the issue fairs in a real server environment.

Assetto Corsa Porsche DLC 4.jpg

Other notable items from today's update include the update to GT3 cars, as now all vehicles in that classification benefit from the latest version 10 tyre technology and the PC debut of the official "Sparco" license in game, shown by the use of Sparco gloves when wheel and hands are enabled in game.

Version 1.9 Change Log:
  • New Porsche 991 Carrera S (Porsche Pack #1 DLC)
  • New Porsche 918 Spyder (Porsche Pack #1 DLC)
  • New Porsche 718 Cayman S (Porsche Pack #1 DLC)
  • New Porsche 917/30 CanAm 1973 (Porsche Pack #1 DLC)
  • New Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 1974 (Porsche Pack #1 DLC)
  • New Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport (Porsche Pack #1 DLC)
  • New Porsche 935/78 Moby Dick 1978 (Porsche Pack #1 DLC)
  • New Porsche Panamera G2 Turbo
  • Added session time/laps on the top of the screen (laps are the leader ones)
  • Now race is over when the car complete its lap and the leader has finished his last one
  • Added dynamic ARB
  • Fixed possible collision still active on race restart
  • Added ERS recharge digital display
  • Improved precision on all digital leds
  • GT3 cars use tire model v10.
  • Fixed TC sound distortion when triggered for the first time
  • New camber grip variation formula (Thank You Nao!)
  • Simplified DirectX 11 initialization
  • Added official "Sparco" license to Assetto Corsa
  • Added Ballast system through Ballast App (single player only)
  • Added new F9 vertical layouts
  • Added new driver + crew texture system
  • Added new personal driver texture
  • Fixed virtual mirrors rendered when not necessary
  • Fixed Kers and ERS able to rev in neutral and reverse gear and overrev the engine
  • Improved FFB App UI, so label is readable by VR users
  • Added multiplayer splits
  • Added Time Table leaderboard mode: this includes realtime splits and delta
  • Added Fmod optimizations
  • Added Anti-Wrecker protection
  • Fixed AI "flapping" DRS in traffic
  • Improved autoshifter
  • Improved laptimes board by adding splits and tyre compound
  • Fixed backfire animation freezing after session change
  • Fixed leaderboard history in multiplayer
  • Added voting spam protection
  • horizon locked view removed from Bumper camera
  • Delta App reviewed
  • Fixed possible flickering in case of engine stall
  • Added backfire animation to Zonda R
  • python new functions and members
  • getCarTyreCompound(carid)
  • Tyre blister and grain are now tied to the "Wear" settings and not "Damage". Wear=0 will turn off graining and blistering simulation
  • Fmod updated to 1.08.12
  • Updated SDK for modders
  • Removed reverb snapshot in the Fmod project
  • General audio engine code cleaning and bug fixing
  • Vastly improved Fmod resource usage
  • Voice stealing is now properly managed by code, so the sound mods will follow the same behaviour of the original sound banks
  • Fixed listener priority for cars in pits. They don't steal the priority anymore
  • Amount of events instances are now properly limited in order to keep proper volume range and overall performace improvement
  • Overall volume balance
  • 7.1 surround should now work as expected (on all platforms
  • Fixed audio initialization pop when the session starts
  • Stereo imaging now works as expected
  • Fixed ambience sound affected by reverb zone
  • Reworked reverb logic: when triggered onboard, the reverb is given by the exterior engine
  • Reworked distance attenuations for enhanced experience (e.g. engine_int raised to 350 meters)
  • Reworked wind curves: now the wind volume is related to the air pressure (i.e. player car will hear turbulence when in draft and AP value goes below 1.00)
  • Reworked surfaces audio curves
  • Reworked skids logic
  • Fixed skids positional soun
  • New exterior skids sound
  • Set tyre skid entry point to 100 in audio.ini (set what you prefer in the audio options)
  • Reworked code management for traction control and limiter events
  • Tweaked wind and limiter sound emitter position in dashboard camera
  • Audio compressor on engine_ext event now works as expected when many cars are involved
  • Surfaces, crashes and skids are now properly audible in chase and track cameras
  • Opponents volume now honours F1 cameras. For track/free cameras it is set to max (optimum for replays, broadcasting etc.)
  • Fixed load/coast smooth for AIs and multiplayer
  • Fixed transmission smooth and pitch for multiplayer opponents
  • Engine volume setting is now related to the player/focused car
  • When driving, some opponents events are now audible (e.g. skids, surfaces and gear shifts if available)
  • Surfaces events are now properly cached. This fixes stuttering when a surface event is triggered for the first time and should limit "digital clicks"
  • Fixed multiplayer opponent surfaces sound when it leaves instantly (e.g acs proces kill/crash) while driving on sand/kerb/etc...
  • New dirt sound effects
  • New brake squeal for some "old" cars
  • Added audio fade when track camera changes
  • Added [VERSION] section in audio.ini
  • Removed [LATENCY] section in audio.ini (managed by FMod itself now) and from the GU
  • Slightly modified gear grind sound
  • Fixed wrong listener position for track and car cameras in some situations
  • added DRL on LaFerrari, Mclaren P1, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan GTR and Ford Mustang
  • added templates for Porche Vol. 1 cars
  • fixed excessive brake light brightness on Ford Mustang
  • minor graphics fixes on Triple Pack cars
  • [Modding] added harvest series function in digital_instruments [KERS_RECHARGE_SERIE]
  • [Modding] added 918 Spyder-style full power usage series function in digital_instruments [POWER_918]

Assetto Corsa Porsche DLC.jpg

The Porsche Volume One DLC package contains seven new Porsche vehicles and retails for £5.99 via the Steam Store. All three Porsche DLC packages can be bundled together as part of the Porsche DLC Season Pass, offering a 28% saving over purchasing the three packs as seperate transactions.

Porsche Volume One DLC Contents
  • 911 Carrera S,
  • 935 Moby Dick
  • 918 Spyder
  • Cayman GT4 Clubsport
  • 718 Cayman S
  • 917/30
  • 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 1974
Assetto Corsa Porsche DLC 2.jpg

Assetto Corsa is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC now. Porsche Volume One DLC is available for PC with console to follow.

For more details on the upcoming Porsche DLC packs, check out our articles covering Volume Two and Volume Three.

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for the latest news and discussion regarding the simulation. We hold regular club and league racing events on our servers, open to premium members and suitable for all experience levels. Our downloads section hosts a number of mods for the game, and of course we have our Modding Discussion forum, a place where modders can discuss their W.I.P. projects and share modding advice. Head over to the Assetto Corsa sub forum and take a look!

Assetto Corsa Porsche Vol. 1 DLC b.jpg Assetto Corsa Porsche Vol. 1 DLC c.jpg Assetto Corsa Porsche Vol. 1 DLC d.jpg Assetto Corsa Porsche Vol. 1 DLC f.jpg

Have you tried out the new Assetto Corsa update? What do you think of the changes? Have you got the new Porsche pack? What are your first impressions? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Purchased season pass, but so far no download has taken place... it just says "added today" and "not installed". Guess I need to wait a little longer... so about the Porsches, all I did was to drive the free Panamera, and right out of the box I can say two things: it is glued to the tarmac, but unfortunately, with the new FMOD version, my sound got totally crap - pops and hiss everywhere. Some cars doesn't have this "effect" very noticeable (although all of them have it now), but the new Porsche is simply unplayable to me due to this sound bug.
Until 1.8 I was using latency=low and was very happy with a crispy and clean sound on all cars. Now I'll have to wait until they patch this to be able to play AC again, since FMOD doesn't have the latency adjustment anymore.
:(

D

Deleted member 130869

• Deleted member 130869

Videos of the 917/30 and 919 at Monza, Imola, Nürby GP/Ring, Brands, and SPA please. kthx :p.

Purchased season pass, but so far no download has taken place... it just says "added today" and "not installed". Guess I need to wait a little longer... so about the Porsches, all I did was to drive the free Panamera, and right out of the box I can say two things: it is glued to the tarmac, but unfortunately, with the new FMOD version, my sound got totally crap - pops and hiss everywhere. Some cars doesn't have this "effect" very noticeable (although all of them have it now), but the new Porsche is simply unplayable to me due to this sound bug.
Until 1.8 I was using latency=low and was very happy with a crispy and clean sound on all cars. Now I'll have to wait until they patch this to be able to play AC again, since FMOD doesn't have the latency adjustment anymore.
:(
Had the same.

Exit steam and restart and thou shalt have thy Porsches.

Had the same.

Exit steam and restart and thou shalt have thy Porsches.

Did it a few times, already. I guess Steam is (for some reason) still processing my order, although my credit card has accepted it and Steam shows "acquired". Although rare, it has happened before, and it is just a matter of waiting one or two hours more. Thanks for the tip, anyway! Hope to join you guys on track soon (as soon as I can find a way to solve the sound problem, anyways - driving hearing static on radio takes away my concentration, haha.)

Regarding the troll, she actively forgets that most AMS-users owned the dlc already. I bet she is an incompetent simracer as well.

Regardless their season pass was on sale on steam before their dlc, they both couldn't manage to stay on page 10 nevermind page 9, have a nice Evening because I will playing Assetto corsa online because I am a competent sim racer.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.2%
  • €151-500

Votes: 116 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 68 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 40 9.6%
  • €3001-5000