Assetto Corsa: Porsche Vol. 3 Releases 20/12 - Details Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Porsche Pack Vol 3.png

Well we all like information don't we? After the long wait to see what Kunos and Porsche have in store for fans of the game, we now finally have all the pieces of the puzzle in one place. Once again thanks to the official Assetto Corsa Steam Store page, we see that Volume 3 of the Porsche DLC packages releases on December 20th, and again contains a goodly selection of the manufacturers finest examples of road and race machinery.

Unlike the previous two DLC's, Volume Three leans heavily towards purpose build race cars, interestingly even including the new for 2017 911 GT3 RSR and 911 GT3 Cup, cars sure to take the national and international headlines when they hit the world stage next year. Of course as can be seen in the included images in this article, fans of classic content have something to look forward to as well, with the inclusion of the 908LH (bottom of page) and 917K (below) - a car made famous as the machine that took Porsches first overall wins at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1970 and 1971.

In a bit of a disappointing move however, Volume Three contains the 2016 919 Hybrid, the car that Mark Webber will make his final WEC appearance in next month at Bahrain, that many people will feel rather similar to the 2015 variant offered in the Volume Two package. Ok ok I know its nothing to get too upset about, seeing as the car has undergone substantial 'under the hood' chances since the previous season, but personally I feel a little disappointed as I would have liked to see another model from the brand in its place. Saying that, if the three DLC packages sell well, nothing to say Kunos won't consider releasing further cars from the brand in the future...?

Assetto Corsa Porsche 917k.jpg

Porsche Volume 3 DLC Contains:
  • Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017
  • Porsche 911 GT3 RSR 2017
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R 2015
  • Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016
  • Porsche 908 LH
  • Porsche 917 K
  • Porsche 911 R
Assetto Corsa Porsche 908LH.jpg

Assetto Corsa is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC right now. The
  • Porsche Pack Volume One, containing seven Porsche vehicles is scheduled for release on October 25th for PC, then in early November on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
  • Porsche Pack Volume 2, containing seven Porsche vehicles across nine configurations is due for release November 22nd on PC, with release on console to be announced.
  • Porsche Pack Volume 3, containing seven Porsche vehicles is due for release on December 20th for PC, with release on console to be announced.

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for Assetto Corsa news and community discussion. We have a whole bunch of mods to download, a specific area for modders to discuss their WIP projects and of course our epic Racing Club and League events. Head over and join in today.

Just like busses, wait ages for one then all three come at once! So now we know, question is, which is your favourite from Vol.3 and which is the most anticipated across all three packs? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Most come the 25 th will be buying the pass its the only way for this one.
What we need to know next is what other free cars or other odd Porsche cars could be coming our way.
I really hope they make more packs.
So many classic cars & racing machines are still waiting in their Historic collection.

Just like busses, wait ages for one then all three come at once! So now we know, question is, which is your favourite from Vol.3 and which is the most anticipated across all three packs? Let us know in the comments section below!

Being strictly late '60s and early '70s enthusiast only, 3rd one will be my favourite, with 1st close behind, each of them having 2 cars I'll drive. Not much, but still for that price it's an excellent deal. Nothing interesting for me in 2nd pack (well, maybe 962s, just a little bit), but by buying season pass, I'll get it sort of for free anyway, so why the hell not. Very good pricing policy on their part.

Got the feeling RD is sponsored by Kunos considering the ****-ton of featured AC articles lately :rolleyes:

Nah, that's because AC is the only platform, where something big and interesting has been going on recently. Wait for studio 397 to release their first rF2 content, though and people will be all over that topic, anticipation for it is even stronger.

Bert Austen

Pedal tho the metal Men
Premium
What a lovely pack of famous classic cars..... the 962s and the 817s the famous moby dick ....and the new 919s .........the old 911s:roflmao: Great fun in the future ......Agree with others ........Assetto Corsa is the only platfom with constant great new cars and tracks.....Project Cars & Dirt Rally are long since died a quiet death , pity,, looking forward to the first pack :laugh:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 88 18.9%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 9.0%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 9.9%
  • €3001-5000