Assetto Corsa v0.5 released

Update: v0.5 is now released. Find the patch notes here: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-v0-5-released.80625/page-7#post-1618812

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 cars left to get (well 16 with the LaFerrari, but this car will only be available with the 1.0 version of the game) so which ones are we getting friday ?! In theory we'll get 3 cars, but since we had a massive break we might get 4 like we did on Xmas. My guess is, we will get factory cars (bunch of Lotus's...) and none of the GT3's/1 GT2 or F1's.

The car I want the most is the T125 !!! release it already :p

Well guys and gals, lets share the car you wish on getting this friday and also what you believe will be release (it might not be the one you really expect yet).

Last edited:
Has the update to 0.5 caused crashes for anyone? Seems like no matter what track/car/mode combo I use, I load a black (or glitchy) screen though audio remains. If anybody has discovered a solution to a similar problem, it would be much appreciated... Buzzing to try the AI out!

Running a GTX 760, i7-3770k, 8GB Ram and Win 8.1 in case that helps.

In steam, do a verify integrity cache on the game, right click on game, Properties, Local files, Verify integrity of game cache, but it mostly sounds like a graphic issue, download the latest drivers for your videocard, if you have them, try the beta.

I just tested the new version for about 45min. Here's what I find so far:
- Ioosing some fps even though my graphics utilization is bellow 80%. Find it hard to believe itś my cpu (i7 3770k).. Need to do more tests
- The new tire model: Oh MY GOD!!! The differences are subtle but drastic at the same time. Especially at low speeds, sharp corners, the difference in feeling is HUGE. This is by FAR the best thing about this update. Everything I was unhappy about the old tire model seems to have been fixed. Pretty close to perfection now! Very happy!!
- AI: They still need some tweaking.. if you ŕe on the inside, sometimes they will turn on you, hit you from behind, etc..

I'm getting slight stutter. It only for maybe .5 of a second then it goes back to normal. Maybe twice i a race. Anyone else experiencing this. Got 1 2 second pause in replay. No big issue. The game was probably just in shock at my performance.

Regards fps I'm getting a cut from 55 to 35 with a full grid at the lights then varies between 45-55 with a few cars in view. Impressive. I'm only on a iMac with 1gb 6970m mobile card. Well done KS. Lookin good for future optimisation.

Sorry, I dont like the race at all. KI ok, however the 5 sec Penalty function is REALLY, REALLY disturbing.
I understand if I would shorten the track but if you have a hard race and another is pushing you slightly of the track, this 5 sec is really disturbing the race flow. Not good all basically I hate it.
Kunos, please make the 5 sec Penalty a function which can be switched off

please remove AI and give us some cars or tracks!!!!!!!

cat-reactions-10.jpg

It seems like the AI seriously outbrakes me in low-speed corners... I do okay on the medium speed turns and high speed is fine. But those low speed ones... if I try to brake at the same point as the AI, I just slam into them.

Performance hit for me from 180 fps to 48-50 at start grid then gradually going up as the cars are spacing...
But nevertheless it runs smooth enough...Small visual lag appears below 70 fps but not a big deal.
AI at Monza with FA set on hard its as others said,sometimes hits you from behind if you brake a litle early and sometime hits from sides when i keep the line...like the AI try to get back on the racing line...Is not a big hit more like a tap...also if you lose it and cant keep the pace....you are going the remain dead last..not to mention AI set on Alien,yeah i had the guts to try it lol:))))
The only race i could finish with a win and by a big margin is the FWD Abarth 500 race wich seems that even at Alien,the AI is verry slow in corners,brakes to early.
Was a good fun,great performance benchmark test and interesting to see how they swap lines trying to overtake each others hahaha...Stefano was right,it has much more work on his hands with the AI,but because we could not wait any longer,like a pregnant woman,we want it ASAP,he felt forced to deliver for us,babies lol....:D

I too am experiencing the drop in fps each time I load the track. I loaded for the 1st time and dropped to 30fps at start of the race but then kept 60fps I'd say pretty much 90% of each lap. Exited to make ffb adjustments, came back in and the drop to 30fps was happening more so exited again and reloaded and was pretty much running most the race at 30fps. I've exited the game completely now and will try again later to confirm this anomaly.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%