Assetto Corsa v0.4 released

Just made my first laps in the F40...standard version with old school tires......Holy Hell Balls what a ride!!!!! After 5 laps at Mugello I believe this is the most badazz sim car ever. I've got to go make more laps like right now but will be interested to see what others first thoughts and impressions of this amazing car are. Great job Kunos, freakin' bravo guys!!
downloading now and my download speed is rubbish. i don't know much about it as i'm terrible with road cars but isn;t it much older than the newer ferrari (the one that has been in the game)? Does it feel better than that? I'm sure it's the f40 which i've wanted to drive for years. now we just need a lamborghini. always wanted one :)

There is the orginal F40 and a step 3 F40 with something crazy like 650+ HP (it has modern tires and is supposed to be very similar to the F40 LM...I haven't driven it yet)

The version I drove is the original and there are 3 tires to choose from...old school 90's, modern street, and semi-slicks. I have only driven it with the old school tires and it is crazy. The sounds are borderline erotic and the entire experience is pretty much NSFW to describe. I wish I could explain more but I have a NEED to go make more laps.

I'm quite disappointed with f40. I expect something epic to drive but it's only fine(too me).
Maybe just prefer modern cars. But z4 and 599 superb cars

And that sound in 599 when you downshift. WOW. Like in youtube videos

The F40 is good for getting in trouble fast - wins the prize for most trips into the gravel in a single lap at Monza. It requires a fine balance in terms of application of throttle/turbo boost and the right gear for proper corner speed - tricky at first. Then add the Stage 3 and it's spin-city . . . :). I think it's the most challenging car to drive near the limit in AC right now.

I love the new cars in the update! F40 is a joy, so are the 599 and the GT3, but indeed, Monza is a big dissapointment. Very bad FPS, much much worse than Imola for instance, and on top of that, it does not look too good...

Time for some optimizations I'd reckon...

I'm quite disappointed with f40. I expect something epic to drive but it's only fine(too me).
Maybe just prefer modern cars. But z4 and 599 superb cars

And that sound in 599 when you downshift. WOW. Like in youtube videos

It's an 80's supercar, about 25 year's old, and it drives exactly like I expect it too given this consideration. Much less refined than the newer supercars. I love how AC has captured that feeling of refinement with the 458 compared to the F40. Good job AC!

Now.. should I try the S2 F40? :p

wanted !!! REARVIEW

want to assign rearview ,,its a must before ai and mp are introduced.

like bonnetcam with my rig,,
makes it a bit feel like real ,,monitorscreen is window ,and my rig dashboard/cockpit

but no mirrors and rearview , yet?

incar cam feels like 2 cockpits ,so i hope the bonnetview will get that rearview option
but its not in the list of buttons to assign yet. or i must be blind and have overlooked it.

love the new update 4.0
great cars and tracks,,have to love that f40 ffb,,and that new bmw moves good too

now going to check the updates done to the F 458 ,and see how its improved.

I'm having a hard time with anything other then the 90's tires; with them I feel alot like Chris Harris and get away with slides (drifts?) that make me bust out giggling like a child. You are spot on about having the car pointed straight when the turbos kick in, this thing makes me modulate the throttle like no other sim car I have ever driven. Don't stab the break pedal either, the lack of ABS will lock up the fronts in a heartbeat. I'm not getting alot of understeer but I'm really not pushing that hard for fast lap times right now; I'm just enjoying lapping the car and trying very hard to keep it pointed in the right direction.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 113 88.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 22 17.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 21 16.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 47 36.7%