Assetto Corsa updated to version 1.1.1

AC McLaren F1 GTR Dream Pack DLC Assetto Corsa.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni has released an update for Assetto Corsa just this morning.

The 100mb update was pushed to Steam and includes a series of hotfixes. There is no mod compatibility hotfix in the patch, as far as I know, but rumors say it's on the way.
Version 1.1.1 addresses in particular some issues with the game's launcher.
You can find the full changelog below.

In the meanwhile, how are you getting along with the 1.1 update and Dream Pack DLC? Do you think Assetto Corsa is heading in the right direction? And while you're at it, check out some awesome videos and screenshot in our AC gallery!

• Changelog version 1.1.1
  • Launcher: new option in Options > General to ignore Windows' display scaling
  • Launcher: launcher will now reset to default theme on version change
  • Launcher: potential fix for rare crash on exit
  • Launcher default theme: further additions to the handling of missing/problematic mod content
  • Added Visual Studio DLLs
  • Now correctly set replay speed for replay files recorded with older versions of AC
  • Improved exterior m235i backfire envelopment
  • Corrected C9 numbers on skin
  • Corrected Alfa GTA tyres naming
  • Custom post processes are now correctly located by the launcher in Documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg/ppfilters

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah sure i'll explain plain and simple, your pc setup was screwed hence it didn't work. whether it was in registry or something else that was messing your installation up, have you cleaned cache and registry before re-installing AC? not everyone experienced your problem meaning that something that was in your OS/HDD caused the issue, simply by saying after uninstalling a game twice and then re-installing when the newer update come on don't mean diddly squat. if you haven't re-installed AC and updated then it could have been proven that yes there was something up with the update the fact that not everyone had the issue shows otherwise, and just cause you obsessively maintain a pc does not mean that there wouldn't be junk left in your pc as every time you add or remove stuff from your obsessively maintained pc some rubbish is almost always left behind. some stuff don't interfere with software but some do and since you didn't mention anything about not having mods my guess is that it's most likely the cause as probably there was a mod that was conflicting with AC update file and since mods aren't kunos responsibility they aren't the ones to be blamed. :) i hope that explains my view on this matter and if your still not satisfied with it and believe it's kunos to blame then explain to me why not everyone had issue's with AC update then??
Thanks for taking the time to type that but riddle me this, how do you explain one of my main issues was fixed by the update Kunos released.
It certainly was not anything I changed that rectified that particular issue.

"If it's on a console, it's not the full game"
Consoles don't use all the physics that PC's use, so your sims aren't sims on a console, their more arcade than sim. Go compare GT6 on PS3 to AC on PC, there's no way there comparable. Plus the price of a console game is usually twice that of a PC title, and it's only half the game in my opinion.

In truth, I'm sure every developer would love to get to a point where they could make their games on a console as well as PC assuming it doesn't sacrifice their goals for the game. There's heaps of money to be made for console releases compared to being PC exclusive, however some developers may not have the resources to develop for consoles or may feel that the quality of the game would be compromised due to the fixed hardware limitations of consoles.

Thanks for taking the time to type that but riddle me this, how do you explain one of my main issues was fixed by the update Kunos released.
It certainly was not anything I changed that rectified that particular issue.
but you just mentioned that you uninstalled twice AC. hence either one of the mods could have been the issue and secondly you still didn't reply to my question, if there was something from kunos side that how come not everyone experienced it? i've been in the dealing with PC's for a very long time and past experiences 85% of a time always point to users system problem rather then software update fault yes there are some instances
where an update was to blame but almost always it effected the same exact issue to almost all users all im saying is that people tend to put blame on devs since it's easier to point a finger on someone else rather then yourself. when one installs mods it's a risk everyone agree's on i have mods but with every update i first remove all my mods and make sure all my drivers are up to date i never have issue where after an update my game will not launch or crash just because someone thinks he/she maintains perfectly clean pc doesn't mean something else hidden away is not going on

but you just mentioned that you uninstalled twice AC. hence either one of the mods could have been the issue and secondly you still didn't reply to my question, if there was something from kunos side that how come not everyone experienced it? i've been in the dealing with PC's for a very long time and past experiences 85% of a time always point to users system problem rather then software update fault yes there are some instances
where an update was to blame but almost always it effected the same exact issue to almost all users all im saying is that people tend to put blame on devs since it's easier to point a finger on someone else rather then yourself. when one installs mods it's a risk everyone agree's on i have mods but with every update i first remove all my mods and make sure all my drivers are up to date i never have issue where after an update my game will not launch or crash just because someone thinks he/she maintains perfectly clean pc doesn't mean something else hidden away is not going on
Thanks for responding and I do understand about PC's being different with different issues, setup's etc. But if you had read my post you would see that the main issue was fixed by Kunos in V1.1.1 not myself. I don't really understand why you can't grasp that.

Lazarou's timeline of events:-

V1.1 Game crash on exit.

V1.1.1 Game not crash on exit.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back