Assetto Corsa updated to version 1.1.1

AC McLaren F1 GTR Dream Pack DLC Assetto Corsa.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni has released an update for Assetto Corsa just this morning.

The 100mb update was pushed to Steam and includes a series of hotfixes. There is no mod compatibility hotfix in the patch, as far as I know, but rumors say it's on the way.
Version 1.1.1 addresses in particular some issues with the game's launcher.
You can find the full changelog below.

In the meanwhile, how are you getting along with the 1.1 update and Dream Pack DLC? Do you think Assetto Corsa is heading in the right direction? And while you're at it, check out some awesome videos and screenshot in our AC gallery!

• Changelog version 1.1.1
  • Launcher: new option in Options > General to ignore Windows' display scaling
  • Launcher: launcher will now reset to default theme on version change
  • Launcher: potential fix for rare crash on exit
  • Launcher default theme: further additions to the handling of missing/problematic mod content
  • Added Visual Studio DLLs
  • Now correctly set replay speed for replay files recorded with older versions of AC
  • Improved exterior m235i backfire envelopment
  • Corrected C9 numbers on skin
  • Corrected Alfa GTA tyres naming
  • Custom post processes are now correctly located by the launcher in Documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg/ppfilters

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I don't get it, people on here complaining and blaming kunos but if it was kunos fault everyone would have had a problem, but matter of a fact is that not everyone experiences this issue's. meaning it's either your PC setup at fault or your mods that are messing up assetto corsa

I still wonder how many PCs are nowadays regularly cleaned, regularly updated, maintained and have backups ?

Let everything without it for months and months .... it'll become a real mess with problems all around.

Any recommendations on a good cleaner? There are thousands of gimmicks out there.

I like to take my PC outside every few months and rinse it with the water hose. It gets all of the dust out and makes it all clean as new again. I have noticed that I get rust in my case for some reason though and I haven't figured out where that's coming from yet.

Personally I don't get it, people on here complaining and blaming kunos but if it was kunos fault everyone would have had a problem, but matter of a fact is that not everyone experiences this issue's. meaning it's either your PC setup at fault or your mods that are messing up assetto corsa

Well sorry to disagree there Mr Bill Gates but that sweeping statement is rubbish. My PC is obsessively maintained I rarely have any issues. Before updating AC I understood that mods were a issue so I deleted them, I also removed the my documents folders and backed up my controller files etc. So effectively I had a clean install needless to say the update did not work. I had to delete the whole install and re download (tried twice). It was a only after V1.1.1 was released that I could then run the game properly.

That suggests to me that it was something on Kunos side that was at fault. If not care to explain?

ok so after playimg game update it all seems good EXCEPT if you use any mod car sets, eg F1 2015,yardly McLaren, two examples, they just don't load and the screen freezes?

any ideas peeps?
Have you edited the aero.ini or data.acd file. I have edited the aero files for most of my mods. Most of them work. The acd file is a hassle to edit. I'm waiting for the modders to update those. Don't listen to the Einsteins saying it's your computer. If the game worked before the update, it should work after the update. People are quite strange at times. Some, 24/7

Hope you get it sorted.

Compressed air, you should be able to purchase cans of compressed air at most good PC shops, or if you have access to an air compressor use that, I have found compressed air the best way to clean a dusty PC, bar none :D

The only issue with compressed air cans is that you have to be careful to keep the can upright or you will spray liquid refrigerant on to your PC hardware. Many people don't know this until they've actually done it by accident. An air compressor is the better way to go for sure assuming you have one.

I use WinCleaner myself for PC clutter and unplug everything, take it outside and use compressed air to blow out all the dust inside. Electronics attract alot of dust. Sure are alot of smart guys in here.

To be honest Randy, I've never had a need to "clean" my PC software in at least 7-8 years. I've found that running a good AV like Kaspersky Internet Security and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware keeps the software side free from issues. As for hardware, about every other month I actually use a vacuum cleaner with a bristle brush attachment to suck up any dust on the case externally so it doesn't go inside the case. Then I take the PC outside and blow it out with a battery powered leaf blower. It does the trick just fine and I've been doing it for years this way without any issues.

Last edited:
I like to take my PC outside every few months and rinse it with the water hose. It gets all of the dust out and makes it all clean as new again. I have noticed that I get rust in my case for some reason though and I haven't figured out where that's coming from yet.
I do this too, but mines already watercooled so no rust problems. :thumbsup:;)

I do this too, but mines already watercooled so no rust problems. :thumbsup:;)

I use to do watercooling but video card blocks got to be too expensive when I upgrade video cards every year or so and I tend to run two video cards in SLI so I was losing a fortune in waterblocks after every video card upgrade. CPU waterblocks tend to last much longer since I don't upgrade CPU's but every few years, but it just got to where the benefit of watercooling wasn't really worth it to me for the money I was losing on blocks.

Have you edited the aero.ini or data.acd file. I have edited the aero files for most of my mods. Most of them work. The acd file is a hassle to edit. I'm waiting for the modders to update those. Don't listen to the Einsteins saying it's your computer. If the game worked before the update, it should work after the update. People are quite strange at times. Some, 24/7

Hope you get it sorted.
I agree totally, I updated the data file on the FF1 2015 mod, works, but this mod feels odd when using, doesn't feel stable or comfortable, ff is shaky too, maybe it's just F1 cars,

I also updated the Mazda sport car, that worked also,

Yardley Mclaren didn't work, deleted.

Some skins are missing in preview, but there in game, weird. But ok, I'm talking Abarth, and lotus F1 car, is it eos25 or similar.

But most stuff works, I am surprised that AC doesn't have a full list of F1 cars?is that licensing?

In opinions, which is the best F1 mod, FF1 2015 or FF1 2014 ?

Nick.

Well sorry to disagree there Mr Bill Gates but that sweeping statement is rubbish. My PC is obsessively maintained I rarely have any issues. Before updating AC I understood that mods were a issue so I deleted them, I also removed the my documents folders and backed up my controller files etc. So effectively I had a clean install needless to say the update did not work. I had to delete the whole install and re download (tried twice). It was a only after V1.1.1 was released that I could then run the game properly.

That suggests to me that it was something on Kunos side that was at fault. If not care to explain?
yeah sure i'll explain plain and simple, your pc setup was screwed hence it didn't work. whether it was in registry or something else that was messing your installation up, have you cleaned cache and registry before re-installing AC? not everyone experienced your problem meaning that something that was in your OS/HDD caused the issue, simply by saying after uninstalling a game twice and then re-installing when the newer update come on don't mean diddly squat. if you haven't re-installed AC and updated then it could have been proven that yes there was something up with the update the fact that not everyone had the issue shows otherwise, and just cause you obsessively maintain a pc does not mean that there wouldn't be junk left in your pc as every time you add or remove stuff from your obsessively maintained pc some rubbish is almost always left behind. some stuff don't interfere with software but some do and since you didn't mention anything about not having mods my guess is that it's most likely the cause as probably there was a mod that was conflicting with AC update file and since mods aren't kunos responsibility they aren't the ones to be blamed. :) i hope that explains my view on this matter and if your still not satisfied with it and believe it's kunos to blame then explain to me why not everyone had issue's with AC update then??

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back