Assetto Corsa Torrents - How Do We Stop This?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok a bit more serious than my usual threads. I was googling Assetto Corsa Headlights and up pops a vid for a torrent of my favourite sim. I checked the usual sources for these things (names & locations will not be mentioned) and yep its there and it wasn't the tech preview.

I'm seriously f-ing pissed off now. This is what I was worrying about. The one thing iRacing has over AC is its almost impossible to crack. Their system is closed and tracked. This is the kind of thing that could destroy Kunos and mean manufacturers stop licensing as revenue dries up. :mad:

So basically, what can be done to stop these scumbags as I'm in no mood to race alongside these thieves. There has to be some form of iRacing style system that can check and block them. Suggestions please.

Any game from steam or should i say bought from steam is able to be cracked.... How ironic
Rf2 hasn't been cracked, But rf1 was.. isi have put steps in place to prevent it from being cracked.
Assetto has been cracked after every update so far, If you have bought it you have done your bit- relax.
If you have cracked it, enjoy it while you can, you will never have a full experience.

Any game from steam or should i say bought from steam is able to be cracked.... How ironic
Rf2 hasn't been cracked, But rf1 was.. isi have put steps in place to prevent it from being cracked.
Assetto has been cracked after every update so far, If you have bought it you have done your bit- relax.
If you have cracked it, enjoy it while you can, you will never have a full experience.
Hi sorry I'm not very familiar with rf2 ( I saw it on a mates machine & wasn't impressed so never went further). What did they do do you know to stop it being cracked?

This steam account associate AC support forum for counter piracy is quite useless imo because i believe almost every gamer has steam account, also if they really cant get help there still many other place to go, example RD :rolleyes:

This steam account associate AC support forum for counter piracy is quite useless imo because i believe almost every gamer has steam account

Of course, we only want to check if they have an original license in their Steam games library.

Yeah that will really stop pirating lol.

Yes, we know it's a lost battle, but at least we try. ...lol...

Of course, we only want to check if they have an original license in their Steam games library
Ic. But my steam account actually dont have AC, i playing my brother copy which he bought with his steam account, am i consider playing pirated copy then ?? I working holiday part time with my father right now and plan to buy my own copy once i get my salary next month, is that ok ??
Or i must buy it now ?? :confused:

Ic. But my steam account actually dont have AC, i playing my brother copy which he bought with his steam account, am i consider playing pirated copy then ?? I working holiday part time with my father right now and plan to buy my own copy once i get my salary next month, is that ok ??
Or i must buy it now ?? :confused:

1st apologies to the mods for my inappropriate linking to the AC forums. I thought this thread was to be closed.

LazyBug very good question. No you are definitely not a pirate :), not by Irish law anyway. You have a paid for copy and fair play to you for supporting KS. Your brother has allowed you access. Just don't wreck his stats if we get MP before you get paid :)

Considering my mates have come over, as have my family, and played AC on my systems under my account I hope not anyway as then so am I. (throws mate off my rig, tries to hand cuff him and drag him kicking and screaming to police station shouting "I've caught a pirate")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back