Assetto Corsa: Porsche Pack Volume 1 Roundup Images

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa - Porsche Cayman GT4 5.jpg

Following the release of the hugely popular Porsche Volume 1 DLC package for Assetto Corsa, Kunos have continued to release introduction images and videos showcasing some of the new cars included in the latest release.

In order to keep you all up to speed on the latest images released by Kunos, I've put together a quick little round up of the videos and images released since Porsche Volume One went live back on the 25th October. With videos for the mighty 911 Carrera S and 935/78 Moby Dick, plus some nice screen shots of the instant club racing classic Cayman GT4 and the 1960's era Silverstone, alongside the free Panamera G2 Turbo (yes it was good to drive in the end, told you so ;) ), the round-up below brings us right up to date with the Volume One official footage released so far.

Don't forget, the best way to enjoy these new cars is to race them online with your fellow sim racing fans, and we at RaceDepartment have you covered! Keep an eye out in the Assetto Corsa League and Club Racing section for some pretty cool events coming up in the next days and weeks...

Assetto Corsa Porsche Pack Volume 1 - 911 Carrera S Introduction

Assetto Corsa Porsche Pack Volume 1 - 935/78 'Moby Dick' Introduction

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit - 1960's Version
Assetto Corsa - Silverstone 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa - Silverstone.jpg

Cayman GT4
Assetto Corsa - Porsche Cayman GT4 3.jpg
Assetto Corsa - Porsche Cayman GT4.jpg

Panamera G2 Turbo
Assetto Corsa - Porsche Panamera G2 Turbo 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa - Porsche Panamera G2 Turbo 1.jpg

Assetto Corsa is available to purchase for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC right now. Porsche Volume One is available for PC with console to follow, Volume Two arrives ****

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for all the latest news and discussions regarding the simulation. Head over to the sub forum and join in the chat with your fellow fans, have a look at our great downloads section, discuss modding for the sim in our Modding Discussions forum or join in one of our entertaining Club and League Racing events! RaceDepartment has all your Assetto Corsa needs covered!

Assetto Corsa - Porsche Cayman GT4 2.jpg Assetto Corsa - Porsche Cayman GT4 4.jpg

Have you already purchased the Porsche Volume One DLC? What do you think of the pack? Does it feel good to have Porsche back on PC in a racing simulation? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Extremely happy Porsche is in a sim. Mad props to Kunos for hooking that up and mad props to Porsche for making the decision of letting their cars come into the sim world.

About the first batch of cars: yeah some instant fav's. LOVE the oldies, and the GT4 was a very nice addition that is fun to drive and race with. 918 Spyder is fun too + introduction of even more tech is always nice (like rear wheel steering etc). Good stuff all around. :thumbsup:

As I said in the AC forum. There was a lot of wasted time in wait for Porsche in the sim world. First step is very nice but it whets my apetite. Obviously RSR 3.0 was the first choice. I like this little beast very much.

I'm glad to have the Porsche brand in modern simracing.
I've yet to try either of the Caymans or the 918.
The 917 is a lot of fun to drive...as is the Panamera.
The 930 doesn't handle anywhere near it's full-sized counterpart at default settings.
Though it can be made to feel better with setup changes, the car understeers way too much out of the box. The brakes are nowhere near as effective as the real car.
That was my only disappointment to date.
All-in-all...a good first try.
Let's hope the second part of the release holds a bit more true to factory handling.
Porsche cars are a lot of fun to drive once you respect the power.

Last edited:
You either need to learn how to set up a car or you are simply frustrated because a car doesn't drive exactly as you expect. Meanwhile i'll do some more sliding in the '73 RSR.

Typical AC fanboy, someone doesn't like the content so he doesn't know how to setup a car. it's got more understeer than my moms peugeot 106. A bit weird for such a widely praised drivers car don't you think? Also adjusting the line with trail braking or throttle control simply doesn't work on most of them. The physics either have been dumbed down to make it "easier" to drive or they just ****ed up. Let's hope they wil patch it.

Typical AC fanboy, someone doesn't like the content so he doesn't know how to setup a car. it's got more understeer than my moms peugeot 106. A bit weird for such a widely praised drivers car don't you think? Also adjusting the line with trail braking or throttle control simply doesn't work on most of them. The physics either have been dumbed down to make it "easier" to drive or they just ****ed up. Let's hope they wil patch it.
I'd like to be the last one to tell you AC is better than anything else, but you should elaborate on which car understeers more than your moms 106 and why. Corner entry, corner exit? What are your steering inputs? How did you set up the car? How hard are you pushing? What tyres? Record a video and show it. Calling me a typical fanboy and claiming every car understeers like a pig is weak. I simply disagree with you and can't imagine how you can claim this.

I'd like to be the last one to tell you AC is better than anything else, but you should elaborate on which car understeers more than your moms 106 and why. Corner entry, corner exit? What are your steering inputs? How did you set up the car? How hard are you pushing? What tyres? Record a video and show it. Calling me a typical fanboy and claiming every car understeers like a pig is weak. I simply disagree with you and can't imagine how you can claim this.

The modern 911 for instance, it doesn't matter if you're smooth or agressive, if you're coasting or have the throttle pinned, it always understeers on corner entry. That's not how journalists describe the 911 at all. Are they all wrong?
Also i haven't checked the setup of this particular car but it is a road car so what should there be to tune? A bit of caster or camber won't do miracles unless the stock setup is really **** which I doubt.

The modern 911 for instance, it doesn't matter if you're smooth or agressive, if you're coasting or have the throttle pinned, it always understeers on corner entry. That's not how journalists describe the 911 at all. Are they all wrong?
Also i haven't checked the setup of this particular car but it is a road car so what should there be to tune? A bit of caster or camber won't do miracles unless the stock setup is really **** which I doubt.
It does understeer a bit on entry, I have to agree with you. But that's just one car..
Also here's an interesting quote: "While the Porsche 911 Carrera S does allow very slight understeer in the comparison test, the GTS corners with much greater agility."
Source: AMuS http://www.ams-mag.com/comparison-t...-gts-and-gt3-lively-911-shootout-9326867.html

The modern 911 for instance, it doesn't matter if you're smooth or agressive, if you're coasting or have the throttle pinned, it always understeers on corner entry. That's not how journalists describe the 911 at all.
Hm.
So is it any good? Has Porsche delivered on the hype surrounding the 911R, or does it just remind us that the GT3 RS with its paddles and wings plots the more sensible and enjoyable path forward for fast road and track cars? Of course it has. The 911R is a masterpiece. It’s a simple car that delivers simple thrills, but does so with the finest ingredients: in a sea of turbocharging and self-shifting transmissions, it is a joy to be testing a new 911 in the year 2016 that offers three pedals and nothing more than atmospheric intake pressure.

The engine is a masterpiece, but we already knew that from the RS. Removing grip and adding some compliance has made the car more playful on a circuit, but that outcome was also no great surprise. No, what comes as a real shock is how much more accelerative the car feels in the gears than an RS – proving that the power loss in the dual-clutch gearbox must be significant. I just didn’t tire of lapping this wonderful car. Like all 911s, it wants to understeer in the first phase of a turn, but you have so many options to neutralise that behaviour, deliberately rotating the rear or adding a decent scoop of power, that you find yourself constantly playing with it.

The driving position is spot-on, the retro touches are perfectly blended with the modern 911 notes and, on account of the rear steering, the turning circle would shame a Fiesta. But they’re all sold, and I fear those who are fuelling a crazy overs market for these cars might get a little burned when the facelifted GT3 arrives next year. And, yes, I am still mighty sour that they wouldn’t sell me one!
http://www.topgear.com/car-news/chris-harris-drives/tg-speed-week-2016-super-coupe-mega-test#9

If the 911R does that the Carrera S is going to be the same or worse. Not that slight understeer is necessarily negative - 'slow in fast out' is the key with these cars and if you keep yourself at that I personally don't find the car to rotate that unwillingly.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 93 18.8%
  • €151-500

Votes: 130 26.3%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 86 17.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 50 10.1%
  • €3001-5000