Assetto Corsa: McLaren MP4-12 Imola Video

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa: McLaren MP4-12 Imola Video

[youtube]

After the much discussed GT3 video of this car earlier this week its now time to see the road version of the McLaren MP4-12 in action on Imola.

Driving without any assists Marco Massarutto shows us how the Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari looks in Assetto Corsa around lunchtime in free practice mode. The popular Italian race track, nicknamed by Enzo Ferrari as the Little Nürburgring was...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited:
I don't think most of those comments are aimed at a specific car's sound but, rather the overall game sound dynamics. Track-side replay sounds are especially hard to make believable.

Yep. What I`ve noticed is that the replay`s tv cam is zoomed in especially in some turns. So the sound seems to be coming from the wrong direction sometimes....or at least doesn`t correlate with the car`s current position, if you get what I mean. I can clearly notice this in the Tech Preview too.

Graphics are awesome. But the sounds is plastic... I dont like vert much.
The car is sliding so much in curves, strange. It is really different from
The last video.

This is filmed with an iPad, of course does it sound like plastic :D. But I gotta admit, the picture is really nice for being filmed with an iPad so you could be fooled for it being actually ingame... From what we heard yet I am really happy with the sound, it is nothing mind blowing new but the sounds are more than great. I can't wait to hear a Ferrari onboard (F599XX or the 458 GT3) that for me will be the real test. The McLarens have such a unique sound which is cool but not so exciting.

And about the car itself... you do realize that it is a street car with street tyres right? And you compare it to a full blown racing car on slicks. Supercar or not there still is no grip if you compare those two :roflmao:

For me it looks spot on... Some might call me crazy but you can almost see the weight of the car in the fast corners, it's crazy good. I don't think I have ever seen something in a sim that looks as real/smooth (car dynamics) like that.

While TV style replays are nice a onboard would be really great preferably of a GT car :thumbsup:

Game is looking good, albeit the tracks themselves look very lifeless. Needs more atmosphere before I make a purchase!

Yes they're a bit sterile, but it won't stop me buying the game at the earliest opportunity. I just hope that the architecture is there to allow modders to produce add-on packs for the tracks, like 'atmosphere packs' or whatever you'd want to call them. The game looks so close to being visually perfect. I'd be very disappointed if this last piece of the puzzle was neglected.

I get the feeling that some people are more interested in replays than in actual driving
Not at all but, I do enjoy watching replays of races that I run. It's just that the track-side sounds have been lagging far behind graphics for . . . well, forever. We can show replays that can be mistaken for RL video but, show me replays with realistic sounds that haven't been dubbed. Nothing has come even close to date. Admittedly, I am very aural and rank sounds as a higher priority than most people. It's great to see some recent improvements in this area but, surely there are more gains to be made in terms of sound dynamics. Perhaps there just hasn't been enough market demand for better sound dynamics.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.