Assetto Corsa: McLaren MP4-12 Imola Video

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa: McLaren MP4-12 Imola Video

[youtube]

After the much discussed GT3 video of this car earlier this week its now time to see the road version of the McLaren MP4-12 in action on Imola.

Driving without any assists Marco Massarutto shows us how the Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari looks in Assetto Corsa around lunchtime in free practice mode. The popular Italian race track, nicknamed by Enzo Ferrari as the Little Nürburgring was...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited:
Interesting discussion guys. The environmental sound modelling is something I'm very interested in but know virtually nothing about technically. I've always wondered why, if we've accepted resource-dependent scalable graphics as the norm, nobody's really tried to apply this philosophy to the sound design either - if you have bog-standard motherboard only sound, you get basic sound processing. However, if you've got good sound hardware, additional sound features and effects are available to you. It would probably take a few high profile games to kickstart the kind of cycles we see with graphics hardware, but surely sound is tired of being the forgotten, neglected child of game production?

I guess we can work it out once we get the game and play it. 90% of the time I play GT5 for example I'm just driving around looking at the way they built things or do sounds etc. Bit sad but there you go :D

Banjo, I agree. Sound has been left behind a long time really but I guess there is little motivation to improve it more than any limitation on the hardware.

Only when someone does do something very special with audio and sets a standard by which others are then judged will people then have something to gauge against I suppose.

I bet most of the stuff you might want to do is in DirectX or other sound libraries already. All we need is people wanting to really push the boundaries with it.

If it's necessary for car games I'm not sure but playing most games with cars I think the audio could be better.

I guess a big part for many developers is getting good samples to start with though! That might blow their budget before they want to do anything else...

Dave

The new external Z4 sounds in RRRE are really quite good. The fly-bys are some of the best I've heard when combined with the environmental effects. Hopefully, AC can eventually have replay sounds as good.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back