Overall effects strength: 100%
Spring effects strength: 0%
Damper effects Strength: 0%
Centering: 0%
Degrees: 900

Allow game to adjust settings CHECKED
Combined Pedals MUST BE DISABLED

In AC -> Controls -> Advanced

Force Feedback Gain: 85% (the overall strength of all effects).
Filter: 0% (helps to smooth out FFB effects).
Damping: 0% (helps by deadening the feel of the wheel and FFB effects).
Minimum Force: 5% (can assist with G27 deadzone issue & enhance FFB).

Kerb effects: adjust to personal taste ('rumble' effect caused by driving across a kerb).
Road effects: adjust to personal taste (additional wheel vibration to simulate the road/track surface).
Slip effects: adjust to personal taste (additional FFB effects to simulate a loss of traction).

Last edited:
@Terri Buenaflor, you might have found the solution to your issue already, but FWIW, you can also adjust sensitivity of your throttle and brakes in Logitech Profiler by clicking on Accelerator or Brake, and selecting Axis Properties. There you will also see a slider for Sensitivity (default is 50%).

@sherpa25 Thanks for that info! never knew that cause I never play with the profiler :D

It's just odd because in rFactor and LFS I never and this problem when I half-pressed my Throttle I can hold a certain RPM of the car.

Hmm, didn't notice any. But maybe because I've been playing around w/ my settings too... though FWIW, I'm currently at 75 gain (switching from 75-80), and just right for me. (rant mode: -boy I hate when the G27 rattles.

It is a known issue coming from the design of G27.
G25 doesnt rattle. EVER.

I have modded a brand new G27 using a google doc around the internet and it works.
Search for it around.

Edit: Actually here is a video with the issue :

and the fix : https://plus.google.com/photos/113839068734380231178/albums/5691461502139407841

aaaand a nice guide to how to open the G27 : http://www.jlvrh.de/G27_UK.htm
I didnt exactly do it as the document says, i just put 1 nut under each of the 2 small springs , to make them stronger and it got fixed.

Last edited:
I always used 900 as well but, I think it is really a matter of taste. Most games adjust for the different ratios of the various cars so 900 degrees works fine when calibrated properly. There may be a few games that don't adjust ratios automatically so you may have to set them in the car setup or lower wheel rotation.

These are what I use with my G25. You need to have the profiler running when playing racing games.

Logitech Profiler Global Settings:
Overall Strength = 107%
Spring = 100%
Dampening = 100%
Wheel Rotation = 900
Center Spring checked = 0%
Combined pedals - unchecked
Allow game to adjust settings = unchecked
Any changes made to the Global Profile affect all games. You want the Global Settings to remain constant.

Logitech Profiler Custom Game Profiles:
Overall Strength = 107%
Spring = 0%
Dampening = 0%
Wheel Rotation = 900
Center Spring checked = 0%
Allow game to adjust settings = Checked
These serve as a good starting point to experiment with specific game settings and should be used in conjunction with the game *.exe file. The reason for having 0 spring and Dampening is so you get the most direct and accurate FFB from racing Sims possible. Minor tweaks can be made to dial out unwanted characteristics such as rattling or harsh jolts, etc. Dampening tends to slow down the wheel response in some games if set too high. Other times, it can smooth out the FFB or moderate the effects.

I hope you find this helpful. Have fun.

Last edited:
My settings:

Logitech Profiler:
Overall Strength = 100%
Spring = 0%
Dampening = 0%
Wheel Rotation = 900
Center Spring unchecked = 0%

Assetto Corsa: (for Huayra)
Gain 66%
Dampening, filter 0%

Kerb 60%
Road 70%
Slip 15%

For open wheelers I put Slip to 0%. The gain in AC also depends on the car, some cars have much lighter wheel than others.

Let me know what you think!

My settings:

Logitech Profiler:
Overall Strength = 100%
Spring = 0%
Dampening = 0%
Wheel Rotation = 900
Center Spring unchecked = 0%

Assetto Corsa: (for Huayra)
Gain 66%
Dampening, filter 0%

Kerb 60%
Road 70%
Slip 15%

For open wheelers I put Slip to 0%. The gain in AC also depends on the car, some cars have much lighter wheel than others.

Let me know what you think!

This is very strange, I copied your settings exactly and then in-game all cars I drive feel so so light and there is barely an FFB. When I compare that to some of your hotlap videos it looks completely different. Any suggestions?

I so second this opinion. I should be spending more time driving a sim that is developed to make driving realistic. Not spending time trying to make it feel realistic. That should be the default and from there, users can tweak what they want to their taste. Kunis please can you get us there? I have so much hope in AC but my interest is waning.

Good explanation Stereo,

I never understood this obsession with zero'ing all the effects strengths, because they are exactly what you need to have to get the effects you want that make FF feel half ok.

And I don't get why you'd ever set them to anything other than 100%, unless a game had no support for a given effect so you had to adjust it in the profiler.

The game should do everything and these *should* be set by the developers imo... they have all the wheels. They can set them all up side by side and match all of them to feel consistently the same.

All a user really needs to be adjusting is overall effect strength to suit their strength or desired noise level or whatever. All the effects should scale to provide a consistent FF experience.

So yeah, AC as the developer and knowing what is going on inside their app and interface to DirectPlay in DirectX, should control all this stuff.

Simply tell us what windows settings to use (ideally all defaults/100%), then they can do all the settings per piece of hardware to get the result they want in their software.

I guess the perfect example of this and how daft it all is, is volume controls. I have headphones with a volume control, plugged into a speaker with a volume control, plugged into a PC with a global volume control, with an app volume control (these days in Win7), and in the app there is a volume control :D

In practice I only really need one volume control, but I have many.

The important thing is for the developer to take control of the volume to assure their bit is working right, or advise if that can't be the case.

In this case KS need to tell us what exact settings we need to use in game controller config. For a Logitech wheel I'd expect it'll be 100% and everything on, or let the game control the settings.

Hmmmmm

Dave

I think it's mostly a matter of reducing or eliminating the "Canned Effects" within a given title. Most Sim Racers want as much feel direct from the tires/track surface as possible. In the case of AC, they have provided a way to do that in-game so I suspect using 100% Spring and Dampening may work well. I don't have my G25 here to test that but, using the CSW - I find that I get good results in other titles (rF2 and Pcars) using 100% Spring and Dampening. Using a high Dampening setting can cause the wheel to feel sluggish in some games - it just depends on how the forces are applied within a given title.

I will do some testing on that in AC soon.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.