News Assetto Corsa | Latest News

This ... teasing. They are masters of it!

I just hope the game can find a wider audience outside of those that happen to appreciate the specific nature of Kunos physics.

As it is right now your average person is not aware of AC , but they know about Project cars and obviously forza and GT6.

I just hope that AC can get traction on steam and maybe some of the car licences will draw people towards it.

The thing is 90% of people playing driving games cannot tell the difference between RF2 , i racing , NKP, F1 2012 , grid 2 to them they are all "driving simulators" / "driving games" only when you get to something like Wipeout or split second do they see them as "arcade" or see a real difference.

Kunos have a chance to get people to see that AC is one if not the most realistic simulator on the market.

I really hope kunos celebrate aspects of there technology and the fidelity of there simulation , they should do some physics brake down videos that really hype up why AC has the most realistic physics.

If they can have a trailer that shows 1) game has top licences 2) the game visually looks amazing 3) real world drivers think its awesome 4) shows deep aspects of the physics with visualizations of tires warming up wearing , suspension moving I think that would be perfect.

They could do things like show a car in the game that's just the under body of a car and then have loads of views showing of how the tires deform and move. Maybe even model Go pro cameras and show the view from them as if it was some sort of real world test.

Last edited:
@GamerMuscle Here's the only problem I see with them releasing videos. Alot of the current sim-racers (maybe even most of them) are on iracing. When Kunos release a vid and the cars actually stick to the track and don't lock up the tires under hard braking everybody calls them arcade. When Aris has some fun and does a little drift or purposely makes the car understeer and doesn't go wildly spinning everybody makes a big stink and calls AC arcade. It seems that as sim-racers we are our own worst enemy when it comes to promoting anything other than our own favorite sim.

You are unknowingly (i hope) generalizing a lot Michael. Numbers don't show that "most" simracers are on iRacing. Not "everybody" calls grip arcade, only a minority of professional full time complainers in the simracing community. Not "everybody" makes a big stink about drifting, only the same complainers.

For the last couple of days I have been tracking down where all this simracing negativity comes from and luckily you can limit it to 15 to 25 persons that are ranting all day on a blog and sometimes here on this forum as well.

Its the shouting minority thankfully. The majority is silent and patiently awaiting the release of this game and others instead of being into some disgusting simracing politics 24/7.

I do agree fully that we are sometimes our own enemy and it beats me why in the last couple of years a trend developed where you are only allowed to like one game and have to hate the rest. And the more you hate the more respect some seem to be getting in some areas of the web while in fact these people deserve nothing more than a firm press on the ignore button.

@GamerMuscle Here's the only problem I see with them releasing videos. Alot of the current sim-racers (maybe even most of them) are on iracing. When Kunos release a vid and the cars actually stick to the track and don't lock up the tires under hard braking everybody calls them arcade. When Aris has some fun and does a little drift or purposely makes the car understeer and doesn't go wildly spinning everybody makes a big stink and calls AC arcade. It seems that as sim-racers we are our own worst enemy when it comes to promoting anything other than our own favorite sim.

Well those people are clearly wrong so you just ignore them , I was also talking more about for the finished product and appealing to a wider audience people that likely don't know about RF2 , i racing ,NKP ,AC :)

Steam will be huge, and when the game comes out, it is certainly going to make it into the top 10 for racing games. That will catch the attention of many people. Just get some ads up and this can be a huge game for them.

Steam will be huge, and when the game comes out, it is certainly going to make it into the top 10 for racing games. That will catch the attention of many people. Just get some ads up and this can be a huge game for them.

You would hope so but the name "Assetto Corsa" is very confusing and off putting for people that don't know what it is and have little interest in driving games.

Where as something as simple as truck simulator , train simulator , farm simulator is easy for people to think "oh why the hell not ill just get that to see what its like to do x simulated"

Mind you I think ARMA3 has sold well on steam and that has a stupid name , but then they also have priced ARMA3 very aggressively at £10 in the beta and now £24 . though there is a default interest in war games and FPS even if arma is a simulator.

I'm really excited for career mode. I've never had a good career experience in any previous racing games I've played.
I had a good time with the Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed career. Fast enough advancement that you weren't stuck in one car.

Still looking forward to AC here, to me the TP proved it has just as solid a physical basis as nKP so I'm eager to try out the set of real Ferraris they've licensed this time, and whenever they get it done, the old Spa layout..

You would hope so but the name "Assetto Corsa" is very confusing and off putting for people that don't know what it is and have little interest in driving games.

Where as something as simple as truck simulator , train simulator , farm simulator is easy for people to think "oh why the hell not ill just get that to see what its like to do x simulated"

Mind you I think ARMA3 has sold well on steam and that has a stupid name , but then they also have priced ARMA3 very aggressively at £10 in the beta and now £24 . though there is a default interest in war games and FPS even if arma is a simulator.

I don't see Assetto Corsa as confusing or stupid at all. It sounds exciting and exotic, like an Italian supercar company. If it was just called "Driving Simulator" it would make it sound boring and dry. Anything that has simulator in the title name does not come across very appealing to me. It would sound low budget...

I don't think anyone should have a problem figuring out what Assetto Corsa is... partly because the tagline is "Your Racing Simulator" and usually when things are promoted on steam they have accompanying image(s), which in AC's case will be a car (probably a ferrari I'd say) obviously.

I just hope the game can find a wider audience outside of those that happen to appreciate the specific nature of Kunos physics.

As it is right now your average person is not aware of AC , but they know about Project cars and obviously forza and GT6.

I just hope that AC can get traction on steam and maybe some of the car licences will draw people towards it.

The thing is 90% of people playing driving games cannot tell the difference between RF2 , i racing , NKP, F1 2012 , grid 2 to them they are all "driving simulators" / "driving games" only when you get to something like Wipeout or split second do they see them as "arcade" or see a real difference.

Kunos have a chance to get people to see that AC is one if not the most realistic simulator on the market.

I really hope kunos celebrate aspects of there technology and the fidelity of there simulation , they should do some physics brake down videos that really hype up why AC has the most realistic physics.

If they can have a trailer that shows 1) game has top licences 2) the game visually looks amazing 3) real world drivers think its awesome 4) shows deep aspects of the physics with visualizations of tires warming up wearing , suspension moving I think that would be perfect.

They could do things like show a car in the game that's just the under body of a car and then have loads of views showing of how the tires deform and move. Maybe even model Go pro cameras and show the view from them as if it was some sort of real world test.
Well it's going to be on steam so that will be a huge boom for the sim. Steam has a massive audience. That is the reason Iracing is trying to get on steam as well. I do think the name Asseto Corsa is a pretty bad choice in my opinion though. Nothing about it communicates what it actually is.

For those who speak italian the name is just perfect because Assetto Corsa means race prepared. :)

I dont speak italian but Assetto Corsa sounds fine even when I didnt know its meaning. Game which gets good reviews from media outlets and users can sell well regardless of its name even when Kunos's limited advertisement budget isnt helping them to make the game more known for the casual gamers.

Well let's say you never heard for Forza, do you know that that is a racing game (I know it is called Forza Motorsport, but nobody says that :p)? No problem whatsoever and Assetto Corsa sounds really cool!!!

@KunosStefano said:
sooo.. today it's all about physics with mr @Aristotelis , i know he's got a list.. HE HAS GOT A LIST!!!!

@Aristotelis said:
@KunosStefano I've got a book… :p

:laugh:

Last edited:
In Asia in fact, to make exotic mood we just use THE English. Yeah:D
Furthermore pronouncing Italian is much easier than English and even sounds good for me.

Well let's say you never heard for Forza, do you know that that is a racing game (I know it is called Forza Motorsport, but nobody says that :p)? No problem whatsoever and Assetto Corsa sounds really cool!!!

:laugh:

The key difference is forza have a massive marketing budget and the game had a console manufacturer pushing it. ( giving many people the impression its the most realistic game)

to be clear personally I like the AC name , but I'm talking about people who know nothing of the product / the wider market and impulse buyers who on a platform like steam make up a huge amount of sales.

Obviously if the game is really good it can-be called anything "bibildybobildy racing" and you will hope it will get traction.

But the thing is people have to know its good, given that only a small % of people can tell the difference between Pcars , RF2 , i racing even grid 2 you have a very small amount of people to tell and explain to other people how good AC is and why it is worth getting over another driving simulator/game. As it is right now despite its awful physics Pcars is far more appealing to the lay person and the name instantly conveys what it is to a lay person.

Its just a small part of things and I don't think its the be all and end all but when talking to other people I know that buy random as hell games on steam they are really confused by the AC name.

I hope it doesn't matter and well I guess that's the name they have gone with now , just have to hope people can identify the quality and its some what exotic name allows it to stand out.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 43 9.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.4%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.5%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.1%