News Assetto Corsa | Latest News

....and kunos could give it for free..it would be in their best interest to release it in the wild.
Since they would want as many as possible to try it. no?
Depends, if it's not polished enough for public consumption they risk generating more poor press than good.
My point is people are willing to justify anything wrong a company does just because they like their product.
I think others point is that it's worth saving the 'outrage' for things that are, in fact, outrageous. Anger over who gets access to a testing beta is a tempest in a teapot.

It is definitely their decision yes,indeed for choosing a certain path noone can blame them for that.
Their success will be determined by that,

I can blame them for not being true to what they promised though.
When you want people to mod your product,which means free content with no effort from your side. You have to at least inform your community better and faster on these matters...
Because your decisions also have an impact on them.

I'm hardly interested in any other new game
but just look at RF2, no matter what you think about their platform,They have the tools available
modders can see what works and what not,

Anyways I will stop repeating myself.I just wanted to post my thoughts about it.

Kunos have not taken any money from people they can do what they like and take as long as they like evan s**t-can the game if they wanted to.

I can blame them for not being true to what they promised though."

Given that the game is not out and they have not taken any cash what does it matter , also in what way have they broken any promises the TD seems to have rock solid physics the videos showing other content in the game seem to show a very solid product , the interface is fantastic everything looks good so far.

When you want people to mod your product,which means free content with no effort from your side. You have to at least inform your community better and faster on these matters...

They have said they will release mod tools when the game is done as it would be pointless to have them out early and force people to redo things / have to mange all the issues that would come up whilst still trying to develop the game and finalise aspects of the product. Also there is nothing stopping people that want to make mods from getting a head start in 3DS max.

just look at RF2, no matter what you think about their platform,They have the tools available

Yes look at RF2 its a mess, and a total chore to interact with for the end user , updates brake aspects of mods and then the system as a whole is such a mess it puts users off from wanting to even try mods in the first place.

ISI seem to think that the game is out of beta yet the game feels as if its still an alpha the product feels as if its from the early 2000s and many aspects of the physics are questionable , Lucky for ISI they have some dedicated fans that seem convinced its top notch, mostly due to the "real feel" type FFB and the solid simulation when driving under the limit.

I'm not sure what you are taking issue with , If you had paid for AC and the game did not line up to what was advertised then fine , but given that AC is not out and you have not parted with any cash or entered into any contract with kunos I don't see what you have a problem with.

It sounds like you are just annoyed by them delaying the game. All I can say to that is welcome to the reality of R&D combined with software development.

Just about every good game or even project in general that has extensive R&D involved or pushes the boundaries in some way is delayed by some margin.

Given that producing a driving simulator with world leading physics is arguably in the top three or so hardest things you can put yourself through on the code side of game development , Kunos finishing AC within a year or so of projected time frame is actually quite impressive.

I get the impression that you and others are just excited to mod and play with AC and that the itch to want it is turning into frustration and that frustration is turning into anger and anger then turns to hate and that's how you end up on the dark side. :)

Shadow Explorer can't recall that ISI handed out modding tools before the game was sold for the first time.

Well to be perfectly correct they have, they have even called it "modders beta".

Nobody payed for the Beta, people got access to the beta if they preordered the sim which payment starts in June or July (not sure which month). This was clearly stated by ISI but loads of people just see what they want to see.

Yes look at RF2 its a mess, and a total chore to interact with for the end user , updates brake aspects of mods and then the system as a whole is such a mess it puts users off from wanting to even try mods in the first place.

ISI seem to think that the game is out of beta yet the game feels as if its still an alpha the product feels as if its from the early 2000s and many aspects of the physics are questionable , Lucky for ISI they have some dedicated fans that seem convinced its top notch, mostly due to the "real feel" type FFB and the solid simulation when driving under the limit.

Just using every opportunity to bash ISI and rF2, eh? :thumbsdown:

Just using every opportunity to bash ISI and rF2, eh? :thumbsdown:

Its not really bashing when its the truth and you are directly responding to someone as a counter point , what do you disagree with ?

- The game feels like an alpha still
- The cars don't drive as they should on and over the limit
- The simulation is good under the limit
- The FFB mainly consists of "Real Feel" Bumps and jolts from the front rack
- The UI is outdated and closer to what you would exspect from a 2000s game
- The Mod and content system is a convoluted mess

Its like how people accuse you of bashing if you criticize Pcars current physics even after saying you realise its still an alpha , or if you complane about i-racings price or aspects of its content distribution.

People don't accuse me of anti bashing when I talk positive about NKP,RBR,GameStockCar or other games.

Who knows maybe AC will end up a total mess , Its not exactly easy to develop a driving simulator with the limited resources these developers have and then have it all come together in a rounded solid product. :)

Kunos have not taken any money from people they can do what they like and take as long as they like evan s**t-can the game if they wanted to.

I agree,If they feel they need 10 years, so be it.
but do not post false dates and try to overhype it constantly.
Sit in a dark corner,finish it. and then before release, overhype your heart out.
I get the impression that you and others are just excited to mod and play with AC and that the itch to want it is turning into frustration and that frustration is turning into anger and anger then turns to hate and that's how you end up on the dark side.

I will not say hate,As I do not hate anyone. AC does live me a bitter taste.
But it's not only the delays alone,it's some of the team decisions that contribute to it as well.
If the team was out in time to state what the problems are,what they need to fix etc
any kind of development news. I think even being dissapointed

The only thing I could do is just wait,and understand the reason behind it.

Keep in mind if i wasn't interested in AC at all,I wouldn't sit and write all those posts,as I have far more creative things to do,it would just be ignored,like other sims.

GamerMuscle
Anyways in your turn you are criticizing rf2,so why I shouldn't do the same with AC?
It is just an opinion as valid as any other.

"wrong a company does..." , I would like to see you developing something from ground up, struggling for survival and recognition! Let`s face it, you are just the consumer.

@ Sebastian Wolff
I guess, you are in no position to to know what each member here is up to,
btw consumer sounds more like an insult,costumer is a better word.

Who knows maybe AC will end up a total mess , Its not exactly easy to develop a driving simulator with the limited resources these developers have and then have it all come together in a rounded solid product.

All those licenses,scanned tracks, and team location do not show a very limited developer. At least not as limited as someone doing stuff from his basement.

Limited in contrast to EA for example. surely!
And this shows that they really like what they are dealing with and they already have worked hard.
(this is exactly what made us appreciate it in the first place)

So I still believe that if they stay true to their original plan,AC will be great.
keep in mind that money always corrupts things.

Anyways in your turn you are criticizing rf2,so why I shouldn't do the same with AC?
It is just an opinion as valid as any other.

The point is I have given money to ISI and the game is out everything I said about RF2 is also demonstrably true.

Your comment is like complaining at some solar panel company for not bringing out their new amazing solar panels that are likely to be better than any other companies and you are angry at them because you only have one week left of free time to install panels on your house. You think the solar panel company should operate to your personal schedule rather than make sure there product is properly developed so that when it goes to market they best capitalise on it.

You are also angry at the company for promoting how awesome there solar panels are even though they are not on the market yet.

It is just an opinion as valid as any other

Anyone is welcome to there opinion but some opinions are worth more than others , depending on their logic and what evidence supports them.

I will not say hate,As I do not hate anyone. AC does live me a bitter taste.
But it's not only the delays alone,it's some of the team decisions that contribute to it as well.
If the team was out in time to state what the problems are,what they need to fix etc
any kind of development news. I think even being dissapointed

I don't think you understand that they don't owe you anything you have not given them any money or entered into any contract with them , surely you realise that if they made public statements about everything to clarify something for one user it would just open up a can of worms for another user.

surely you also know that they want the game to be as good as possible and that game development is an unpredictable beast ?

well I never said AC sucks,because the game is not even out.that would be bashing.
Actually quite the opposite,from the tech demo it seems that they will have a solid game.

I do not believe my points are invalid.
Also you do have the evidence needed for most of those already. and some are speculations but with solid base.

If you choose not to acknowledge them, its your issue entirely.
maybe you should put down the fanboy glasses for a bit.

well I never said AC sucks,because the game is not even out.that would be bashing.
Actually quite the opposite,from the tech demo it seems that they will have a solid game.

Also you do have the evidence needed for most of those already. and some are speculations but with solid base.

I did not say you said AC sucks , Its clear you are a fan and that's where your frustration is coming from. :)

That's fine but if you don't back up your points with a logical or factual argument then why should anyone else believe you.

I have acknowledged each argument you made and explained why they are not sound.

maybe you should put down the fanboy glasses for a bit

Disputing your points with logical counter point and an example as to why they are flawed is not being a "fan-boy" , You then using an Ad hominem attack does not progress the discussion in any meaningful way.

I'm sure you are a nice guy and just frustrated by your excitement for AC and I agree that maybe developers should not give dates or even speculate about release dates until a project is final.

But then at the same time there are many reasons to give lose dates for things internal and external , Its not like Kunos have taken pre-orders and then not delivered on a set date and its not like they have lied about anything. the only dates I have heard from them are lose things like end of 2012 or Q1 Etc , when a developer does not give a actual day then I'd always take it with a bucket of salt.

I bet if we had this conversation over voice or face to face we would probably agree on most things I'm not sure if English is your native language , so I appreciate it can be hard to discuss things , you certainly write better English than I do any other language and though I speak more than one language i could not start to have a discussion about software or sim-racing in anything other than my native tong.

I'm not expecting anyone to adopt my opiniont I really know that posting these will not make me a likable person to those who like AC so much.

As for your example,I cannot force a company do anything for my sake,I just express my dissatisfaction.Nothing else i can do.

I still believe my points are valid though,even if they can be justified.
It is also my fault, getting invested in their product so much.
Sorry if i sounded harsh.

i think you make perfectly valid points and your opinion is as valuable as anyone else opinion on the forum. because this is an ac forum and people are excited, they don't always take too kindly to the criticism of the game or launch. it;s a little bit like "political correctness" (gone mad).
personally, i am surprised that large numbers of people are not getting frustrated at the delays and communication. keeping people guessing is effective and adds interest but there comes a point for many of us where it would be nice to have confirmation of a release - an approximation to say the nearest 2 months!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.