News Assetto Corsa | Latest News

Well if it's DX10 I'll only need a new OS...but who knows how my 4870 will handle the game...

Although now that I think about it I'll probaly need a new video card anyways since tessellation in DX11 pwns DX10 and gives better performance at the same time or something? Maybe someone can tell us more of whether if it's useless to use DX10?

Rims look abit weird imo and i am not fan of street cars, want race cars in a game.
But still looks nice.

7zSff.jpg

ADScI.jpg

iiWI9.jpg

MuOPd.jpg

0d9iQ.jpg

OfRse.jpg

AOIit.jpg

8cdPZ.jpg

mhtz9.jpg

xlsWv.jpg

pLPpM.jpg

EIBlc.jpg

yKMxY.jpg

lhjLH.jpg

c1eE2.jpg

nYfaj.jpg

qYMHF.jpg

Exterior i think we all can agree it looks like shiznit right now. Bit jaggy in some places and something strange with the chrome.
Notice the red 1M in some pictures, the lighting on it almost looks like it´s photoshopped in, it just doesn´t look natural if you know what i mean.

Check out the hood of this car, some strange reflections there, just above the right headlight
ADScI.jpg

Disclaimer: This is not a fanboy comment, it´s an observation.

For me, I don't care so much about pcars level of GFX, moreso that some of the very low res textures in some cars in GTR Evo are gone, and it's obvious AC has come over the top and then some.
That said, AC should be FVA hardcore, and most sim racers are still going to focus on physics before any other factor.

I agree, to me the depth of shadow and contrast seems a bit off in some pictures. It gives the impression of an overall flat picture. It kind of gives the same effect as with rF2, but not as bad; I can approve David's remark that proper physics and a realistic handling design in a sense of exploring the bounderies of simulation comes first, although state of the art graphics would make this title even more appealing. ;)

Edit: Just to say, in no way do I assume that the graphics of Assetto are bad! But fine tuning never hurts. Graphics are meaningless when the substance is bad; who needs a graphic-demo and a praising developer whose product is flawed from the bottom up?

Keep going Kunos, you have my attention! ;)

I wonder if AC is going to be compatible with Windows 8?

I'm still using XP but I think I need to upgrade to, at least, windows 7.
AFAIK, windows 8 is going to be released soon?

I hope Kunos gets the graphics right because the eye-candy-part of a game is (for me personal) almost as important as the physics (in general) and handling.

I'm also usually not a fan of road car, but as seen some vid it also looks like something fun to drive. See below.

Anyway of course good and right graphic is good for me as well though, I'm ok unless 2D(including a bit joke) because my favourite games are windwos games. :)

I wonder if AC is going to be compatible with Windows 8?

I'm still using XP but I think I need to upgrade to, at least, windows 7.
AFAIK, windows 8 is going to be released soon?

I hope Kunos gets the graphics right because the eye-candy-part of a game is (for me personal) almost as important as the physics (in general) and handling.

I imagine it will be compatible with Windows 8. But I'm gonna get a Windows 7 Retail soon as Windows 8 seems like total crap. There's no more start menu and it seems more designed for tablets and touchscreen computers.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.