Assetto Corsa Hotfix 1.11.4 Deployed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Hotfix.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni yesterday released a small hotfix patch to the PC version of Assetto Corsa, amending a few minor details and adding a new livery for the 911 GT3 Porsche.

Firstly apologies for missing this yesterday and bringing this news a little later than usual.

The 1.11.4 hotfix addresses a few minor items within the simulation without making dramatic changes to the game. It is expected a new build release will be deployed for the sim in a few weeks time and the 1.11.4 patch is just a small deployment aimed at cleaning up a couple of areas that most needed immediate attention. Patch 1.11.4 also adds a nice new livery for the 911 GT3 R and some interesting FFB updates to the Praga R1.

Patch 1.11.4 release notes can be read below:
  • Corrected Praga R1 FFB values
  • Corrected Toyota Supra limiter sounds
  • Balanced Bmw M4 overall volume
  • Balanced Bmw M3 e92 exterior volume
  • Added #910 livery to Porsche 911 GT3 R

Assetto Corsa 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa 3.jpg
Assetto Corsa Hotfix 1.jpg

Assetto Corsa is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC right now. All three platforms for the title have substantial DLC packages for purchase.

You can catch all the news and discussions around the console version of Assetto Corsa right here at the RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa sub forum! If you own the PC version of the title you may wish to check out our sizable downloads section, or take in a race or two in our Assetto Corsa Club and League Racing forum.

Have you tried the new hotfix yet? Are you happy with AC at present? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Thank you. I understand the logic behind the extra small decal polygons. On some cars they are much larger though, like the 919 or the rear wing of the AMG GT3.

By "decals on windows" I meant windshield banners. For example on the GT3 Cup, I do not see the difference in design between the banner and name+number. I thought they would be both extra polys on top of the windshield glass object.

Regarding inconsistencies, I will post a few screenies.

Edit: Akra, I agree with you. It's Kunos game they design it the way they see appropriate. But giving feedback is also appropriate, don't you think?

The extra decal polygons are not unnecessary because this way we can gain a quality improvement on smaller details and logos that would otherwise be destroyed by compression with our standard livery resolutions and dxt compression.

We have never put decals on windows and we never will due to a design choice.

If you look at these banners they usually appear opaque from the outside but transparent or at least translucent from the inside. We make them somewhat transparent in every case to improve visibility when half of the already small windscreen is taken up by a black banner but in most cases it actually corresponds to real life.

Where is this inconsistent?
A few screenies with the Porsche pack models to explain what I meant by inconsistencies:

Porsche 911 RSR
- outside view: the banner texture is perfectly transparent

- inside view: perfect transparency as well

- only defect: we cannot paint the banner entirely because the uv map is not normalized
[EDIT: wrong screenie corrected]

Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017
- outside view: opaque banner (the file is a DXT5 with a proper alpha channel just like on the '74 RSR)

- inside view: opaque as well

Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016

- outside view: opaque banner (again same DXT5 texture)

- inside view: perfect transparency

So none of those three models have a banner that works in the same way. I am not saying this for the sake of nitpicking or whatever, it is just the kind of things you stumble upon when you want to reproduce real liveries on those fine models.

Personnally I wish that we could have the option to put number and driver names on the right side of windshield of the Cup car because that's the way real Carrera Cup cars are made and it's like a trademark of the cars. In series like PCCA they don't even have numbers on the body.
I would also wish that the outside banner of the GT3 R could be tweaked with transparency like the '74 RSR because it is thinner on many real cars, like in the IMSA series.
But again just suggestions ^^

Last edited:
Yeah, I get what you're saying but each has its own justification:

On the RSR, the reference car had a banner which was a tinted gradient towards the top of the windshield and a single Porsche sticker in the middle, so the way it was done was based on that, so both sides had to be transparent.

I guess I'm guilty with the Cup, because the banner is relatively small, it doesn't obstruct any of the view plus on the ref car it was opaque so we didn't make the inside of it transparent.

On the GT3 R it's only perfectly transparent because you're showing a mod skin, on the official ones it's only partially transparent. Also this is the technique we strive to use most of the time, where the banner is a physical object or sticker on top of the windshield.

For me AC really has become a console port instead of the console version becoming a PC port which i regret. A shame to see such magic devs to transform into money wolves. Sometimes i start AC and im stunned with nice graphics but the drving model feels way too much like Gran Turismo.
But its all down to personal preference. I just hate consoles and games related to it. They are way to restricted

For me AC really has become a console port instead of the console version becoming a PC port which i regret. A shame to see such magic devs to transform into money wolves. Sometimes i start AC and im stunned with nice graphics but the drving model feels way too much like Gran Turismo.
But its all down to personal preference. I just hate consoles and games related to it. They are way to restricted
I respect your PoV but i find strange how a game born on PC and then ported on console and famous for it's rigorous simulation approach could become a simcade just cause they have a console version too...
I feel that the driving feel of AC became even more simulative with the tyre model V10 (released after the console version was born) instead of becoming more arcade...

Gran turismo never had the depth in its driving model like ac has, nor it ever will. Ac's not perfect, has its limitations like no rain or no 24hcycle but is definitely no simcade in driving physics.

Cockpit view. I'm running a GTX1080 and I will say that i can run near max with the PP turned off and reflections on low quality/slow. I also run the pixel per density at 1.5 which greatly helps clarity. The clarity of the image lacks a bit compared to the triple screens I had but the immersion is so good. I find myself driving cars I never used to like now because I can see the whole cockpit. The Huracan is a good example. In the proper FOV, I could only see the top 1/2 of the dash. Now that I'm inside the car....sooo much better.

Cockpit view. I'm running a GTX1080 and I will say that i can run near max with the PP turned off and reflections on low quality/slow. I also run the pixel per density at 1.5 which greatly helps clarity. The clarity of the image lacks a bit compared to the triple screens I had but the immersion is so good. I find myself driving cars I never used to like now because I can see the whole cockpit. The Huracan is a good example. In the proper FOV, I could only see the top 1/2 of the dash. Now that I'm inside the car....sooo much better.

Thanks for the info. bro. I thought the majority would use onboard but you can never be sure,
Do you think VR will make the outside cams obsolete then ?

I respect your PoV but i find strange how a game born on PC and then ported on console and famous for it's rigorous simulation approach could become a simcade just cause they have a console version too...
I feel that the driving feel of AC became even more simulative with the tyre model V10 (released after the console version was born) instead of becoming more arcade...
Well...lets see. Why do console port games suck on PC? Because the game is created within the limitation of the console. For reference: you can put a small box (console) into a large box (pc). But visa versa does not work. So either the con
Well...a mosquito can fly....but a fly cant mosquito....u can put a console into a pc but not visa versa. They created a console version from scratch

Well...lets see. Why do console port games suck on PC? Because the game is created within the limitation of the console.
That's not what he asked though, is it? Sure, console games ported to PC often do suck. That said, it's often more to do with lazy ports that aren't properly adapted for PC, not because they are somehow handicapped by originally being developed for consoles. But all that is irrelevant anyway since Assetto Corsa is not a console port... it's a PC game.

As Riblo said, AC was born on PC, and that is where is continues to be developed. Given the feedback you can find from actual track racers complimenting AC as a pretty accurate simulation, I'd say they seem to be doing a pretty good job so far. Of course, instead of just claiming AC is simcade garbage, you could try backing it up with a proper explanation as to why that is your opinion, or maybe you could fill us in on what the "limitations" are with the latest consoles?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back