Assetto Corsa Hotfix 1.11.4 Deployed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Hotfix.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni yesterday released a small hotfix patch to the PC version of Assetto Corsa, amending a few minor details and adding a new livery for the 911 GT3 Porsche.

Firstly apologies for missing this yesterday and bringing this news a little later than usual.

The 1.11.4 hotfix addresses a few minor items within the simulation without making dramatic changes to the game. It is expected a new build release will be deployed for the sim in a few weeks time and the 1.11.4 patch is just a small deployment aimed at cleaning up a couple of areas that most needed immediate attention. Patch 1.11.4 also adds a nice new livery for the 911 GT3 R and some interesting FFB updates to the Praga R1.

Patch 1.11.4 release notes can be read below:
  • Corrected Praga R1 FFB values
  • Corrected Toyota Supra limiter sounds
  • Balanced Bmw M4 overall volume
  • Balanced Bmw M3 e92 exterior volume
  • Added #910 livery to Porsche 911 GT3 R

Assetto Corsa 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa 3.jpg
Assetto Corsa Hotfix 1.jpg

Assetto Corsa is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC right now. All three platforms for the title have substantial DLC packages for purchase.

You can catch all the news and discussions around the console version of Assetto Corsa right here at the RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa sub forum! If you own the PC version of the title you may wish to check out our sizable downloads section, or take in a race or two in our Assetto Corsa Club and League Racing forum.

Have you tried the new hotfix yet? Are you happy with AC at present? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:

Jempy

Premium
Not happy.

I have to learn how to upload the servers in our US servers with 25 minutes remaining.

#THANKSALOTKUNOSFORTHISBOMBSHELL

I really understand your reaction, Lorenzo .... often a big surprise at the bad moment with an update when changes are made without any word of it in the changelog.
I'm used to it now ... as 1st thing I look at after an update is the content/cars folder with dates order to find if there are cars with a data.acd file modified.

And surely more difficult for a server admin if he's not accustomed to prepare servers.

But updates are of course always welcome ... to get the game better and better. ;)

The reason for this escapes me. Kunos adds extra decals polygons that are unnecessary (any skinner can put the safety or GT3 decals on the main texture) but won't put them where they are needed (windows).

Anyway windows decals have always been a mystery in AC, even on recent cars. The '74 911 RSR banner shines like glass and we can only paint the middle part; the GT3 R banner is opaque on one side and transparent on the other; and so on. Not consistent or even predictible.

That's just the way it is.:D

The reason for this escapes me. Kunos adds extra decals polygons that are unnecessary (any skinner can put the safety or GT3 decals on the main texture) but won't put them where they are needed (windows).

Anyway windows decals have always been a mystery in AC, even on recent cars. The '74 911 RSR banner shines like glass and we can only paint the middle part; the GT3 R banner is opaque on one side and transparent on the other; and so on. Not consistent or even predictible.

I have an idea that the cars are made by seperate people or groups. Not all following the same route to construct a car.

Gergo Panker

pankykapus

The extra decal polygons are not unnecessary because this way we can gain a quality improvement on smaller details and logos that would otherwise be destroyed by compression with our standard livery resolutions and dxt compression.

We have never put decals on windows and we never will due to a design choice.

If you look at these banners they usually appear opaque from the outside but transparent or at least translucent from the inside. We make them somewhat transparent in every case to improve visibility when half of the already small windscreen is taken up by a black banner but in most cases it actually corresponds to real life.

Where is this inconsistent?

We have never put decals on windows and we never will due to a design choice.

I think this line is all that needs to be said. It is Kunos project and it's up to them to decide what can and cannot be done with it, and that's fine. We got a bit of complaining from the community when CART Factor was released and we did not include paint templates for it. This was also a design choice. And that's fine. Work within the confines of what we have. :)

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 87 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.1%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 45 10.1%
  • €3001-5000