Assetto Corsa Ferrari Celebration DLC Releases September 19th!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ferrari 250 GTO.jpg

Seemingly coming out of nowhere, Kunos Simulazioni have confirmed the highly anticipated Ferrari 70th Anniversary Assetto Corsa DLC is on its way, releasing this September 19th!

Created to mark the 70th anniversary of the Ferrari brand, the new Assetto Corsa DLC offering will contain some of the most iconic road and racing machines produced by the legendary marque, including plenty of historic content and the 2017 specification Formula One car that currently sits second in the Formula One World Drivers Championship.

As a reminder you can check out the Ferrari Celebration Pack DLC contents below:
  • 1962 250 GTO
  • 1967 330 P4
  • 1967 312/67
  • 1984 288 GTO
  • 2004 F2004
  • 2017 812 Superfast
  • Ferrari SF70H 2017 F1 Car

With Kunos having confirmed the new DLC is just seven days away from a public release on PC (Xbox One and PS4 to follow at a later date), the Italian development team have released a nice new trailer for one of the most spectacular cars included in the pack, the stunning 1962 issue Ferrari 250 GTO, which can be viewed below:

Introducing the Ferrari 250 GTO... The 250 GTO model was the pinnacle of the development of the 250 GT series in competition form, whilst still remaining a road car. It made its public debut at the annual pre-season Ferrari press conference in January 1962, and was the only front-engined model on display, with its monoposto and sports racing counterparts all having a mid-engine configuration. The 250 GTO was the ultimate expression of the Ferrari 250 GT car. It was equally at home on the road or track – perhaps the last dual purpose road/race car produced – and has achieved legendary status amongst aficionados of the marque. With only a relatively small production run of thirty-six cars, and with many of the examples produced having a great racing pedigree, it has become one of the icons of Ferrari's production history, with a revered position in collectors' circles.

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation from Kunos Simulazioni available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Assetto Corsa Ferrari 250 GTO 2.png
Assetto Corsa Ferrari 250 GTO 3.png

Assetto Corsa and online racing = Love! Check out our brilliant Assetto Corsa League and Club racing forum for great racing events suitable for all skills and experiences. We host regular events using popular content and guarantee a great time for all. Additionally we have a very active sub forum for the game where players can catch up on the latest news and engage with fellow community members here at RD. You can download mods from our modding archive, discuss W.I.P projects in our Modding Discussion Forum and try out a selection of car setups for a wide range of vehicles. Come on, get yourself involved in the action today!

Looking forward to the Ferrari celebration pack? Instabuy? Which car are you most anticipating taking out on the circuit? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Ungrateful? Thanks Kunos for giving me the option to pay for some cars nobody will drive after 3 weeks on multiplayer?
I can post whatever I want. Im not gonna lick Kunos ass for throwing at me some cars. Do we, as a racing community, gain anything out of that? Are we going to implement that cars in club events? Probably not, so I couldn't care less. I'm here to have fun driving with/against real people and not do praise Kunos car DLC pack N° 28109
Fine. Don't pay, move on.

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=21

Lots of DLC released for various games, that doesn't concern me. Still, I'm not patrolling every forum on internet, telling people that

Not raced in MP... By that logic, Kunos should release only GT3 cars anyway

Last edited:
Fine. Don't pay, move on.

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=21

Lots of DLC released for various games, that doesn't concern me. Still, I'm not patrolling every forum on internet, telling people that

Not raced in MP... By that logic, Kunos should release only GT3 cars anyway
Yeah I'm posting this on every forum I found related to AC. I can't even tell my opinion on a forum now.
Its just my opinion, since I'm playing AC I have only seen Car DLC's, although (IMO) there already was a lack of tracks and multiplayer variety. But I must be the only one complaining about this.

• Deleted member 241736

Not my thing. I willl buy it cause of Kunos great work years ago. It will be fun to delete the both F1 stuff, touch the rest of the pack once and than back to garage the next century

A good pack, but I don't see myself driving the non-F1 cars any longer than a couple of laps. Kunos needs to stop with all the pointless road cars and boring old race and especially endurance cars that nobody will touch past the first couple of days, but judging from the replies here, they obviously won't because catering to nostalgia and lack of skill is what sells the most DLC copies. As it stands, I see little reason to play AC right now, so I'll most likely stick to the AMS equivalents until the pack goes on sale.

The one good thing is that this will make the mediocre Formula Hybrid mod defunct. The SF70-H is a big addition to the game.

Last edited:
@Dirk Steffen I totally get your point and there is nothing to contradict. The problem is, we can have 500 awesome mod tracks. There are barely servers running them.
Here on RD the policy towards using mod content in official RD races has just changed recently and we are seeing the first races coming up with mod tracks creeping in.
I also race online with SRS - a LOT of the races are done on mod tracks and also with mod cars. Just this morning I finished second in a 1h race at Sebring (a WIP track you will find here on RD).

For a long time organizers have shied away from using mod tracks as to build race attendance (mods can shy away people who are new to sim racing as of the installation and troubleshooting sometimes involved).

I am glad this changes slowly.

you will do it once or twice by running "hot laps" - and then?

and then he'll have some race against the AI and have fun. and then he'll go online to have some fun.. and then he'll do it all over again on a different track.. and then he'll do all the above again with the other new cars in the pack... you know? racing games things, the entire point of liking these kind of games?

All this at less then the cost of a pizza... while you'll be sitting in your room staring at a screen wondering how come people are having fun and you don't.

Last edited:
and then he'll have some race against the AI and have fun. and then he'll go online to have some fun.. and then he'll do it all over again on a different track.. and then he'll do all the above again with the other new cars in the pack... you know? racing games things, the entire point of liking these kind of games?

All this at less then a cost of a pizza... while you'll be sitting in your room staring at a screen wondering how come people are having fun and you don't.

Hey Stefano, would you say it was a one of a lifetime (Assetto Corsa) chance to see a Ferrari 512M '71 in Assetto Corsa to compete with the Porsche 917K and it is gone now that the deal on the DLC is sealed?

Or is there a chance we will see this car in the future in Assetto Corsa and there is hope for us vintage sports car racers?

@Dirk Steffen I totally get your point and there is nothing to contradict. The problem is, we can have 500 awesome mod tracks. There are barely servers running them.

You do realize that dlc content can also be used in single player too, right? ;)

The percent of people who play MP is far, far less than those that do SP.

Both cars were announced in 2016 for a mid-17 release when there was no mention of any Ferrari. In my world I like when people stick with their words, businesswise in particular.

Did you have stock in Kunos releasing those cars this year?

Just because something was announced at some point, doesnt mean business interests cant change, or different priorities cant take place.

Guess you are gonna complain on every single games forum too then, since there isnt a single game, let alone a sim that doesnt have unreleased content that was announced ages ago.

Did you have stock in Kunos releasing those cars this year?

Just because something was announced at some point, doesnt mean business interests cant change, or different priorities cant take place.

Guess you are gonna complain on every single games forum too then, since there isnt a single game, let alone a sim that doesnt have unreleased content that was announced ages ago.

I guess Valium will do.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back