Assetto Corsa Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC Announced - Vote Open.. Then Closed!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Ferrari Assetto Corsa DLC.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have confirmed the much anticipated Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC for Assetto Corsa, plus opened up voting to choose the seventh model to be included in game.

Already revealed as part of the end of year community post from the developers of Assetto Corsa, Kunos have now revealed the first six models due to form the base of the eagerly anticipated Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC pack coming to the game this year.

Confirmed as in development and due for a release "fall 2017", the premium Ferrari celebration DLC will add to the game seven brand new models from the Prancing Horse, with cars representing a range of historic and iconic machinery from the great Italian manufacturers.

EDIT 21.6.17: It appears that Kunos have made a mistake launching the poll this early and have since closed the option of voting, prior to an official announcement and some further teaks to the vote mechanism. Hold tight for more info as and when available...

The full car list revealed as forming the upcoming DLC are:

1962 250 GTO
Assetto Corsa - 1962 250 GTO.jpg

1967 330 P/4
Assetto Corsa 1967 330 P4.jpg

1967 312/67
Assetto Corsa 1967 312 67.jpg

1984 288 GTO
Assetto Corsa 1984 288 GTO.jpg

2004 F2004
Assetto Corsa - 2004 F2004.jpg

2017 812 Superfast
Assetto Corsa 2017 812 Superfast.jpg

What is more Kunos have confirmed that a seventh unannounced car will be added to the pack, and the community have been given the opportunity to cast their vote against several models Kunos have receive permission to reproduced for the racing simulation. Be warned, you can only select one car and once you have cast your vote you will no longer be able to change your choice.

You can visit the voting page by following the link HERE. Voting closes June 30th.

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation from Kunos Simulazioni available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Assetto Corsa and online racing = Love! Check out our brilliant Assetto Corsa League and Club racing forum for great racing events suitable for all skills and experiences. We host regular events using popular content and guarantee a great time for all. Additionally we have a very active sub forum for the game where players can catch up on the latest news and engage with fellow community members here at RD. You can download mods from our modding archive, discuss W.I.P projects in our Modding Discussion Forum and try out a selection of car setups for a wide range of vehicles. Come on, get yourself involved in the action today!

Happy with the selection of cars chosen by Kunos? Which additional machine have you voted for? Any cars missing from the list you would like to see? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
When it comes to more contemporary GT racing, I'd say '96 was the golden age. I love those BPR GT cars. We've got the McLaren, would love for it to get some playmates like the F40 or the Venturi...
Damn how did i forget... Late 90's was cool as heck. I mean i wasn't around but i've read and watched footage and these cars are cool. Especially the F40's
96BPRPaulRicard_004.jpg

It's too bad that BPR only had one really good year, it was such a great series in '96.

That being said, I also loved the cars of the "GT1" era of the late 90s. I wouldn't mind seeing a resurrection of those kinds of homologation monsters again.

A quirky old car i really like is the Lister Storm, Fell in love with it on GT4 as a child. Some say if you look up the definition of "Wedge" in the dictionary you will find a picture of a Lister Storm...

I voted for: Fix the Xbox One version of your game and stop pumping out yet more paid DLC for the PC version with the money you got from console players.

That was an option, wasn't it?

Oh no, what is that? This story is an attempt to bury yesterday's news of yet more delays with the console updates? Never.

This poll mirrors the console game release remarkably well. Marketing a product that isn't ready and they have no means to support.

I voted for: Fix the Xbox One version of your game and stop pumping out yet more paid DLC for the PC version with the money you got from console players.

Uh... I get that the console versions have had some issues, but do you not see why the above comment makes no sense?

If it was paid for by console users, it wouldn't be a paid DLC. The fact that it is a paid DLC indicates that it isn't paid for. The DLC would have been here even if there were no console port at all.

Uh... I get that the console versions have had some issues, but do you not see why the above comment makes no sense?

If it was paid for by console users, it wouldn't be a paid DLC. The fact that it is a paid DLC indicates that it isn't paid for. The DLC would have been here even if there were no console port at all.

If you really want to understand read the KS accounts and regular financial reports released by Digital Bros, the parent company of 505 games. The console version outsold the PC version 2:1 and generated far more revenue than the PC game.

The feeling after almost a year among console players is that this was a cash grab by Kunos, using the half-hearted and still broken console version to pay for the Porsche licence and ongoing development of the PC version. They freely admit the console team is separate, tiny and the main 'talent' at Kunos has little to do with the console game at all. They have gone as far as to admit that the coding talent for the console is the problem, not the hardware as is often made out to be the case.

As for you paying for the DLC, oh yes you will do that too. A continuous supply of paid DLC is the Digital Bros model (see Pay Day 2 for the egregious example and you no longer need to wonder why the developer bought their game back).

There is no other full release game on the market today where the name of one game, Assetto Corsa, is actually 3 games at different stages of development, PC superb, PS4 average, Xbox One awful - yet where did most of the income come from? The console version.

Time for Kunos to do right by the console gamers.

Enjoy the new DLC.

Btw. could anyone put here the list of the cars that were available for voting???

The choosen cars are great I think. 288 GTO might be a little bit controversial as we have F40, but as far as my knowledge goes, it was much more progressive, linear, easy and playfull to drive than the mighty knife-edged F40, so it would be great addition.

The thing that makes me happy very much is (except for all brilliant classics) the newest 812 Superfast. All the reviews I read by now states that it just outclasses any GT car made to date by any carmaker including F12 and F12tdf in terms of performance (quite obvious) but also excitement, driveability, fun, playfulness, adjustability, sound, engine delivery and gearbox... so it could probably be the black horse of this DLC. Ferrari made a stunner and it will be great to drive it.

If you really want to understand read the KS accounts and regular financial reports released by Digital Bros, the parent company of 505 games. The console version outsold the PC version 2:1 and generated far more revenue than the PC game.

----
Can we NOT turn everything AC related into whine about Xbox patch?

This pack (and other cars announced ages ago, that will come after the Ferraris) would have been released anyway, without console port. I'm guessing according to you, consoles funded the years of DLC (and still continuing) for iRacing and RaceRoom too. DX11 update for rFactor 2 etc

Thank God console users are keeping our sims updated, kappa

Last edited:
We as players are ALL to blame for the ever increasing rise in DLC

If we did not purchase it in such numbers the developers would not put it out there. If the numbers paying dropped significantly it would cease being viable.

We all pay a decent amount for games, as much as we paid before, and then pay as much again over a period of time for DLC that was probably designed and built months before it is released.

They are responding to your eagerness to hand it over, nothing more. And the trend will continue to get worse as time goes on.

Games released far too early, full of bugs and only half full of content, for a full price, then months of DLC for what is a reasonable amount until you add it up and realise you have paid 80 quid for everything you play.

And with AC the road cars are so awful, and there is literally nowhere worth driving them, that half the packs are full of them, so unless you want them dearly you are going to be disappointed. I certainly was with the ones I have bought. Full of dross, marketing crap. to pander to Porsche or a few Japanese companies. And of course Ferrari.

Do you actually drive the Panamera? All the different 911's, the smaller Japanese cars much? I certainly don't. This is a racing game, a simulator. If I go to a proper simulator to play I don't want to be driving a Cayman road car. I want ot be driving LM cars, GT3, drifting or something, not driving a car that is only in the game t pander to a manufacturer you have already paid squillions to!

If we did not purchase it in such numbers the developers would not put it out there. If the numbers paying dropped significantly it would cease being viable.
The alternative is NBA2014, NBA2015, NBA2016, NBA2017, NBA2018... I'd rather buy $45 of dlc a year than buy a new $60 game every year.

The feeling after almost a year among console players is that this was a cash grab by Kunos, using the half-hearted and still broken console version to pay for the Porsche licence and ongoing development of the PC version. They freely admit the console team is separate, tiny and the main 'talent' at Kunos has little to do with the console game at all. They have gone as far as to admit that the coding talent for the console is the problem, not the hardware as is often made out to be the case.

As for you paying for the DLC, oh yes you will do that too. A continuous supply of paid DLC is the Digital Bros model (see Pay Day 2 for the egregious example and you no longer need to wonder why the developer bought their game back).

There is no other full release game on the market today where the name of one game, Assetto Corsa, is actually 3 games at different stages of development, PC superb, PS4 average, Xbox One awful - yet where did most of the income come from? The console version.

Time for Kunos to do right by the console gamers.

Enjoy the new DLC.

Console gamers having a feeling that Kunos duped them doesn't make it true. Kunos has never developed for a console before, there's going to be roadblocks. When you buy a product from a company with no experience in that market, you have to expect that. It sucks, but that's reality. The PC version has a lot of features missing that most would expect in a modern racing sim, too. This is not a triple A title. It was never meant to be, and it never will be. Almost all of us on the PC side understand this, and we bought into AC warts and all.

The continous supply of DLC exists because we want it. It has nothing to do with the console release, and it's not like we are the only ones getting the DLC - consoles get it, too. You guys just get it later because dropping content and patches for consoles is time consuming and expensive, and there's no reason to force the PC crowd to wait for you. Kunos isn't out to screw you over. They're trying. They're in new territory.

I get that you've paid for a product that isn't working as intended. That sucks. But why should those of us on other platforms do without new content that we want because your experience isn't at the same level? You bought a product from a company that has never done this before, on a platform that has massive limitations when it comes to updating and fixing.

Furthermore, how would holding out DLC content improve the console experience at all? You do realize that coders and 3D artists are different people, right? If the experience on console is already subpar, you definitely don't want the 3D guys to be coding anything for you. I see this kind of flawed logic constantly among the gaming communities - people whining about another content update when certain features individuals want are missing. The argument makes no sense at all, different people work on different aspects of the game. Withholding DLC just means you're paying the 3D guys to sit and do nothing while the programmers work.

And, thanks! I will definitely enjoy the new DLC when it drops. The first 4 cars listed are some of my all time favorites. I hope you'll enjoy them when the time comes, as well. They're wonderful vehicles.

No one here is complaining that there is a new DLC pack. In general, everyone seems to be very excited for it - minus a few that aren't super happy with the specific cars chosen.

And with AC the road cars are so awful, and there is literally nowhere worth driving them

I keep seeing people claiming the opposite; that the road cars are the biggest strength in AC and the race cars are the ones that aren't quite up to snuff. Can't please everyone.

I typically prefer race cars over road cars, too, but that's irrelevant. The game isn't being made for me.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.7%