Assetto Corsa: Ferrari 599XX Making it 4 out of 5?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Last edited:
I think the Zonda R will run circles around it frankly.

Code:
              Zonda R        599XX      Delta

Weight kg      1070          1345        +275kg

Horsepower    750            740        -10hp

Newtonmeter    710            686        -24Nm

The FXX should be a much more formidable competitor with it´s 800 horses and 1155kg dry weight.

I agree the FXX would probably be a better match. But the 599xx will likely still be the closest match to the Zonda R of the cars we know about in AC. The Zonda R lapped the Ring 11 seconds faster than the 599xx (different days, different drivers though). That is a big difference.

But if they use the 599xx evo as the model in AC it will be a little closer. The evo had 20 more HP, 77 lbs less weight and more downforce. The evo lapped Fiorano 1 sec faster than the standard 599xx... and that track is short without too many high speed corners. Perhaps on the Ring it would close the gap toward the Zonda R by 8-9 seconds vs, the standard 599xx?

Hampus this video is from a Ferrari client track day. Hard to compare that with a professional racing series. At least if you timed the lap in the video though.
Yea i know, it´s clear the guy isn´t a proffessional driver but 14 seconds?
That´s an eternity even for a beginner. He must be really....really.....really slow :)

I agree the FXX would probably be a better match. But the 599xx will likely still be the closest match to the Zonda R of the cars we know about in AC. The Zonda R lapped the Ring 11 seconds faster than the 599xx (different days, different drivers though). That is a big difference.

But if they use the 599xx evo as the model in AC it will be a little closer. The evo had 20 more HP, 77 lbs less weight and more downforce. The evo lapped Fiorano 1 sec faster than the standard 599xx... and that track is short without too many high speed corners. Perhaps on the Ring it would close the gap toward the Zonda R by 8-9 seconds vs, the standard 599xx?
Can see today i used the 599XX Evo power but not weight and Nm.
Evo weighs 35kg less then standard XX although 245kg´s heavier then Zonda R.
And -10 Nm instead of -24Nm so about the same engine but 245kg´s heavier approx.

Highest downforce figures i can find are 1,500kg for Zonda R and 450kg for 599XX.
And supposedly the 599XX Evoluzione is 1 second faster then the FXX around Fiorano.

With all that in mind, i think the Zonda is just on another level really.

Supposedly the Zonda R beat Schumacher´s FXX time at Top Gear by 2 full seconds.
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2011/02/pagani-zonda-r-sets-new-top-gear-test-track-record.html

Hampus this video is from a Ferrari client track day. Hard to compare that with a professional racing series. At least if you timed the lap in the video though.
Yea i know, it´s clear the guy isn´t a proffessional driver but 14 seconds?
That´s an eternity even for a beginner. He must be really....really.....really slow :)

Can see today i used the 599XX Evo power but not weight and Nm.
Evo weighs 35kg less then standard XX although 245kg´s heavier then Zonda R.
And -10 Nm instead of -24Nm so about the same engine but 245kg´s heavier approx.

Highest downforce figures i can find are 1,500kg for Zonda R and 450kg for 599XX.
And supposedly the 599XX Evoluzione is 1 second faster then the FXX around Fiorano.

With all that in mind, i think the Zonda is just on another level really.

Supposedly the Zonda R beat Schumacher´s FXX time at Top Gear by 2 full seconds.
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2011/02/pagani-zonda-r-sets-new-top-gear-test-track-record.html
timing in real life, for a real Ferrari owner\client, really doesn't matter.

The downforce numbers must always be connected to the reference speed, otherwise are useless. The 1500kg on the Zonda is close to the top speed of the car with all wings and spoilers set to max angle...
Also remember that the Zonda doesn't have active aero, active differentials etc etc... it's a bit more hardcore to drive too... choices, choices...

I know i know, but finding the same speed for both is not easy,
This is what i found regarding 599XX Evo.

Capable of adding 970 Lbs of downforce at 124 MPH
440kg at 217km/h
And for Zonda,
Aerodynamic setups rage from a high downforce
setting of 1.500kg to a 350kmh top speed setting.
Notice the "to a" meaning it´s probably not 1500kg at 350 because of the high-df setup.

It´s got a 12-way Bosch Motorsport traction control system, gearbox that can pull off shifts in 20ms and it weighs over 200kg less and probably produce at least the same amount of downforce.

I can´t see the 599XX Evo come out on top in any area frankly.
But it will be interesting to compare them in-game.

The downforce numbers must always be connected to the reference speed, otherwise are useless. The 1500kg on the Zonda is close to the top speed of the car with all wings and spoilers set to max angle...
Also remember that the Zonda doesn't have active aero, active differentials etc etc... it's a bit more hardcore to drive too... choices, choices...

So it sounds like the match-up in AC would be the Zonda R is quicker but more challenging to push to the edge lap after lap than the 599xx... so an interesting tradeoff in multiplayer if the lap times of the 599xx/evo are at least somewhat close to the Zonda R.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.