Assetto Corsa Competizione Roadmap - Price Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Release Schedule.jpg

Launch day is getting closer, and now we know what we can expect to pay and the content we will receive during the Early Access development of ACC...

At 24.99eu upon launch this September 12th, Assetto Corsa Competizione is certainly one very competitively priced piece of software - even if the initial build of the simulation will be a little light on content and features in the opening weeks of its development.

In something of a very welcome move by Kunos Simulazioni, those who make the decision to adopt early into the programme will be rewarded with a heavily discounted price, a nice reward for the first players in the door, and a very sound move by Kunos to reward the loyal fanbase of the title. With monthly updates, features and new content planned right the way through to early 2019 prior to a full launch, the game will steadily rise in price up to the final retail cost in Q1 2019.

ACC 1.jpg
ACC 2.jpg
ACC 3.jpg
ACC 4.jpg
ACC 5.jpg
ACC 6.jpg
ACC 7.jpg

I think this is a rather impressive strategy from Kunos, and very clearly shows what gamers can expect to receive with the title from the very earliest stages of the development path - bravo to Kunos for this refreshing and clear, open and honest approach.

Assetto Corsa Competizione will be available to purchase on Steam Early Access from September 12th 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Looking forward to ACC? At which stage of development are you planning on purchasing the game (if at all)? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Will buy it on day one even though I will not play until the second release because of VR, that is how much I appreciate what Kunos in general and Aris in particular are providing to our community. To be totally honest I am having so much fun driving in AC with the latest developments in light shader and real mirror, that after almost 4000 hours, AC is now my unique source of SIM driving and I am not even in any rush to drive ACC (but I will ;))

If you online you be silly not getting it first day because that is where you will find best value comments even more so as everyone has same vehicle

With only one car and track you have opportunity for biggest rooms earlier
rather then later and working on one car a month will help progress for a lot of drivers

What I hope is not every man and his dog makes a server
That will only dilute sessions and quality of feedback, so if possible they should limit them somehow

Last edited:
There are cool people, and then there's you.
Awesome buddy, thanks. See, a cool guy being helpful. Is that so hard?

Although his outburst was unnecessary (but hilarious IMO)...it happened because this was explained at least 5 times in this thread...do we have to answer the same question over and over because you couldn't be bothered to read the thread? Or better yet, read the story carefully? I feel like this is "Internet Forum Etiquette 101": do a search and/or read the relevant thread to avoid repeat questions.

That said, here's the relevant Q&A segment of this thread...the abridged version:

Original Story:
In something of a very welcome move by Kunos Simulazioni, those who make the decision to adopt early into the programme will be rewarded with a heavily discounted price, a nice reward for the first players in the door, and a very sound move by Kunos to reward the loyal fanbase of the title. With monthly updates, features and new content planned right the way through to early 2019 prior to a full launch, the game will steadily rise in price up to the final retail cost in Q1 2019.

These pics were in the original story.
Look at the * next to each price...it explains what that * means in the final picture:
acc-1-jpg.268289

acc-3-jpg.268291

acc-5-jpg.268293

acc-7-jpg.268295

The question was then answered twice below:
hol up hol up, so if I buy it on Sep 12th I'll get the full game for 24.99€?
Yes.

hol up hol up, so if I buy it on Sep 12th I'll get the full game for 24.99€?
nope, that's 24.99 + 34.99 + 44.99 for a total of 104.97 for the full game...
Just kidding mate... 24.99 it is! :D

After people kept asking, info explaining Early Access was also linked here...

The burning question was answered again here:
This might be a derp post, but I don't quite follow -- if you buy the early doors game at £25, do you have to buy it again at the higher price when you want the fully finished one?
No, think of it as buying the full game at a discount during its development stage.

Same question, asked yet again in another way here:
Looks great but could someone clarify the incremental pricing? According to the pricing footnote, at release 1, I pay 24.99 euros. If I decide to hold until release 3, it's 34.99 euros (which will include updates from release 1, 2 and 3.

Here's we're I'm unsure. If I buy at release 1 for 24,99 euros, am I paying an additional 34.99 euros for the release 3 update or just the cost difference between release 1 and 3? or is it all pre and post Early Access updates through and an additional cost for official release?
You just buy it once... Just choose the date and the price.. 24.99 if you want it day one, but that's all you need to pay... all else are free up to the day the title is complete and so on...

Another confirmation to the eternal question, plus a very clear statement from Kunos was linked again here:
But the final game price is not mentioned. It only talks about Early Access. What happens in February when the rest of the game drops?
44.99 once the game is complete I think. Read this one mate. The opening post only...
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/new-assetto-corsa-competizione-physics-blog-post.159012/

Only after it was asking a 5th or 6th time was there an outburst of frustration.

Patience is a virtue, I know, but there were many cool guys here being helpful from jump street...sometimes being cool also means doing your due diligence and reading carefully before speaking.

Looks great but could someone clarify the incremental pricing? According to the pricing footnote, at release 1, I pay 24.99 euros. If I decide to hold until release 3, it's 34.99 euros (which will include updates from release 1, 2 and 3.

Here's we're I'm unsure. If I buy at release 1 for 24,99 euros, am I paying an additional 34.99 euros for the release 3 update or just the cost difference between release 1 and 3? or is it all pre and post Early Access updates through and an additional cost for official release?
Just look at the store page in steam, your question is answered there:
Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“Yes, the earlier you buy, the more you save. The first release will allow you to save more than 40% of the full price, and the price will gradually increase as we get closer to the end of the Early Access phase.
Those getting the game early will of course receive every update once available, including the free Blancpain GT Series 2019 season update, which is planned for summer 2019.”

Although his outburst was unnecessary (but hilarious IMO)...it happened because this was explained at least 5 times in this thread...do we have to answer the same question over and over because you couldn't be bothered to read the thread? Or better yet, read the story carefully? I feel like this is "Internet Forum Etiquette 101": do a search and/or read the relevant thread to avoid repeat questions.

That said, here's the relevant Q&A segment of this thread...the abridged version:

Original Story:

These pics were in the original story.
Look at the * next to each price...it explains what that * means in the final picture:
acc-1-jpg.268289

acc-3-jpg.268291

acc-5-jpg.268293

acc-7-jpg.268295

The question was then answered twice below:

After people kept asking, info explaining Early Access was also linked here...

The burning question was answered again here:

Same question, asked yet again in another way here:

Another confirmation to the eternal question, plus a very clear statement from Kunos was linked again here:

Only after it was asking a 5th or 6th time was there an outburst of frustration.

Patience is a virtue, I know, but there were many cool guys here being helpful from jump street...sometimes being cool also means doing your due diligence and reading carefully before speaking.

But, do we have to pay all 24.99 in one payment!? Will they accept beans as currency? Will Kuonos put the price up if I tell them I lightly mocked the tifosi at the weekend? For release 3 do we have to pay more beans? For the love of God won't somebody answer!

Bahahahahaha I hit some belated birthday money at the weekend, guess what I'm gonna spend it on?

Last edited:
Living in a 3rd world country, it takes days to download games as big as Asssetto Corsa. I keep wondering if the Sept 12th date is region specific (i.e. 12AM in Australia for them, 12AM in New York for them, etc) or is it based on the time in a certain area (Italy for example)? I want to start downloading this the hour it’s available!

Help me Lord @kunos , you’re my only hope! :D

Bahahahahaha I hit some belated birthday money at the weekend, guess what I'm gonna spend it on?
Ok, I bite, even though derailing the thread even more. As you seem to love your beans, I guess you're going to get more of them, then trying to add them to your steam bean wallet?

To get at least a bit on topic, would everybody who still is confused about pricing please check the store page of ACC on steam, directly under the video expand the explanation "Early Access Game", this is a specific page for ACC where most of the reoccuring questions are already and officially answered.

That´s a fair reason to b(u)ypass it Keto95. Race on with what you have and enjoy it. :)
I will get ACC, for two reasons.
1) Because it´s dirt cheap and
2) Because I buy most driving games/sims simply to support the industry. Couple of years ago people were afraid that the driving games on PC were a dying breed, and that only consoles would survive - and look now - this amazing array of driving sims/games on PC.
So I´ll keep on laying cash on the table for as long as I enjoy driving games/sims.
3) Because I think it´ll be a great sim.

I agree 100%, but you sir will have to work on your counting skills. ;)

Living in a 3rd world country, it takes days to download games as big as Asssetto Corsa. I keep wondering if the Sept 12th date is region specific (i.e. 12AM in Australia for them, 12AM in New York for them, etc) or is it based on the time in a certain area (Italy for example)? I want to start downloading this the hour it’s available!

Help me Lord @kunos , you’re my only hope! :D
Around 10a.m. Seattle time, as Valve operates in Bellevue, WA

Buying at day one.... just hope my GPU can cope with it. I am already at the limit with the 980ti on triples.
And if it does not work well, it will be an expensive early access (upgrading the GPU). But most probably worth it...:)

There won't be dynamic dry racing line. Meaning track won't dry locally, if cars choose certain line, dry line is always on the same spot. Only thing I'm disappointed to hear :(

Although, I don't know how much effect it would have. Just expected they go the extra mile on this too

E: Oops, wrong thread kind of. Physics related

When does the SDK for modding release? If at all that is. Any word on being able to run private servers or is it going to be Kunos servers only? Aka 1 series with one type of car on their rating on their servers, nothing else?
I'm sure it can be hacked and moded if it runs on UE the question is how hard is Kunos going to make it this time or outright block it in code, not allow private servers, etc. meaning that even if someone mods it and adds content or other features they would be stuck offline.

25 EUR to be a beta tester of a Demo? Shouldn't the payment be the other way? Early Access should be free, then buy the game when it launches if one wants to. Rather than pay to be a beta tester and get data mined.

From reading the other ACC posts yep I was right, physics copied from AC and tweaked, easy guess though. But physics weren't the Achilles heel of AC it was lack of league racing support in the game and from developers. Will it change with the boring GT cars ACC will offer and from the looks of it the only cars it will offer? Will see, so far it seems they finally had to add at least some features to support longer races, hopefully it will no longer be stuck in early 2000s features wise and endurance will be possible including easy spectating, starting order changes on the fly, server or at least track lobby, driver swapping, custom penalties from track officials, rolled starts, safety car, ...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.