Assetto Corsa Compatible Wheel List for Console Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Wheel Support.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni and 505 Games have released a sizable full list of supported wheels for the upcoming console version of Assetto Corsa, with Fanatec again missing from the list of PS4 controllers as the ongoing issues between the German company and Sony continue.

The console release of Assetto Corsa is now only days away and many people will be eager to see if their racing paraphernalia will work with the new game, looks like Thurstmaster fans need not worry. Sadly due to an ongoing dialogue between Sony and Fanatec, the Clubsport and CSL range of wheels are not supported for the PlayStation 4 version of the game.

Kunos had the following to say regarding Fanatec product support on PlayStation:

"505 Games and Kunos Simulazioni can confirm that Assetto Corsa currently supports all officially licensed peripherals for PlayStation 4. We are constantly striving to deliver our community the best driving sim experience and whilst we understand that this may not match expectations, we will of course do all we can to support our players. Right now, this matter is beyond our control but we hope to add support for more wheels in the future by working closely with both Sony and Fanatec"
While it appears that the door is by no means closed for Fanatec on Sony consoles, it will come as a great disappointment to gamers who have paid a substantial amount of money for Fanatec products and find themselves without and opportunity to use their wheel and pedals on the console.

The full list of supported and compatible wheels for Assetto Corsa on both PS4 and Xbox One can be seen below.

PS4 Supported

• Thrustmaster T150 ForceFeedback
  • Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari ForceFeedback
  • Thrustmaster T150 PRO ForceFeedback
  • Thrustmaster T300 Servo Base
  • Thrustmaster T300 RS ForceFeedback
  • Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE ForceFeedback
  • Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Integral Alcantara ForceFeedback
  • Thrustmaster T500 RS ForceFeedback
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Integral T500 ForceFeedback
  • Thrustmaster T3PA (3 pedals Add-ons)
  • Thrustmaster T3PA-PRO (3 pedals Add-ons)
  • Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-On
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari GTE Wheel Add-On
  • Thrustmaster TM Leather 28 GT Wheel Add-On
  • Thrustmaster 599 XX EVO 30 Wheel Add-On Alcantara Edition
  • LOGITECH G29 DRIVING FORCE™ RACING WHEEL

PS4 Compatible

• Thrustmaster T80
  • Thrustmaster T100

Xbox One Supported

• Thrustmaster TMX ForceFeedback
  • Thrustmaster TMX PRO ForceFeedback
  • Thrustmaster TX Servo Base
  • Thrustmaster TX Ferrari 458 Italia ForceFeedback
  • Thrustmaster TX Leather Edition ForceFeedback
  • Thrustmaster T3PA (3 pedals Add-ons)
  • Thrustmaster T3PA-PRO (3 pedals Add-ons)
  • Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-On
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari GTE Wheel Add-On
  • Thrustmaster TM Leather 28 GT Wheel Add-On
  • Thrustmaster 599 XX EVO 30 Wheel Add-On Alcantara Edition
  • Fanatec CSL Steering Wheel P1 EU/USA/AU
  • Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel GT Forza Motorsport EU/USA/AU
  • Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Round 1 EU/US/AU
  • Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Classic EU/US/AU
  • Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Drift EU/US/AU
  • Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Flat 1 EU/US/AU
  • Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel GT EU/US/AU
  • Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Oval EU/US/AU
  • Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub EU/US/AU
  • LOGITECH G920 DRIVING FORCE™

Assetto Corsa will make its debut on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on 26th August (Europe) and 30th August (North America) respectively.

Keep abreast of the latest news for Assetto Corsa on our very own RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa forum.

Do you own a wheel not on the list? How do you Fanatec owners feel about the PS4 issues? Looking forward to the sim on console? Let us know in the comments below!

• Deleted member 130869

That is a disappointing position from Sony. I hope developers are allowed to maintain hardware support for games released when the partnership was active, and also hope they (Kunos included) will not be forced to not support unofficial wheels, or have the game not recognize inputs.

Really low blow to have compatibility be in this subscription-like format. It's a pain for everyone.

Well, to be fair even codies couldn't get fanatec support on the PS4 afaik for F1 '16... I doubt AC did that on purpose just to rustle jimmies and let out devious cackles. Lame move by Sony tbh to pigeon hole consumers into buying exclusive crap by locking out entire brands...-,-

And I can't see that these kind of things could anyhow benefit Sony or anyone in business, game sales suffer, wheel sales suffer. Of course Sony get something as licensing money from few manufacturers but big picture surely stays on negative side.

I fail to see the logic in this whole deal.

I'm still rockin' a perfectly working Fanatec Porsche Turbo S and had been thinking about getting a PS4, because I thought it would work on the PS4 (Project CARS is supported) and I also have a lot of friends on PS4 playing NHL, FIFA etc, team games that I've been missing since moving from XBOX 360 to PC a couple of years ago.

If a wheel works on a certain console, why wouldn't it work with all games on the platform? It really puzzles me. I understand that it's a business & licensing decision somehow, but wouldn't it be in everyones best interest to be accessible to the largest potential customer base as possible?

The internet would be cleaner, the world would a better place and most importantly... then it would just be a matter of who develops and manufactures the best gear bang-for- buck at any price range, be it consoles, games or controllers. I thought that's pretty close to how capitalism worked in the first place, conspiracies aside.

Oh well, now I'm just happy to own a nice PC.

Fanatec probably don´t want to pay that amount for the licensing and Sony is a broken company with way to many questionable decisions in the past and likely to greedy. Like the first GT-title for PS4 very close to 2017 and throwing out the devs of Drive Club and Metal Gear Solid? Stupid! And who has ever bought a Sony-Smartphone? Who prefers Sony over Samsung? They are just a shadow of their past.

Unless it's Windows Vista, 8, or Logitech drivers for compatibility :p
I heard about that. I only had logitech g25 for GT on the PS3 then bought a graphics card for my PC which was running Windows 7. I had gotten hold of a copy of rFactor somehow and gave it a go. Next thing I knew the PS3 was collecting dust and I was on the look out for Fanatec gear....
(And a better graphics card)

If a wheel works on a certain console, why wouldn't it work with all games on the platform? It really puzzles me. I understand that it's a business & licensing decision somehow, but wouldn't it be in everyones best interest to be accessible to the largest potential customer base as possible?
It's because Fanatec wheel use default Sony HID driver and it supports all previous wheels but probably not new one.
Just a stupid licence conflict with Fanatec and Sony. I don't know how many dollars they need to pay but it can be really huge.
Don't include Fanatec as "supported devices" is logic because Kunos will not override Sony rules (maybe Fanatec was allow years ago for pCars release). But wheels can work as "unofficial supported devices". Pretty sure it will !
Interesting facts:
- pCars include Fanatec as supported devices but
- Fanatec doesn't include PS4 in compatibility list ;)

PS: sorry for multiple edit - wrote it on a phone.

I thought is was more clear that Sony's has used both Logi Tech has their first official FFB wheels back on the PS2 while locking other makes out.

Then Thrustmaster were favored over Logi Tech when GT5 shipped without any support for the G25 / 27 's at first.
The first T500 series were the offcail GT5 .
Sony loves limiting its market by these exclusives deals at the cost of other's.

Fanatec was at odds with Sony back in the early days of GT5 when Fanatec found a work around to get there wheels working on the PS 3 I seem to remember.

Should help Xbox sell more Consoles should it prove to be a good seller on the console format.
Sony have always been good at making costly mistakes as much as they have made a lot good calls to.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back